View Poll Results: Would you offer an early 2nd day for DA?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 37.50%
  • No

22 55.00%
  • Depends how Day 1 goes

3 7.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    npow81 is offline Registered User

Re: Derek Anderson may be had for early Day 2 pick

I know he won't be a savior...I wouldn't even expect him to get the starting nod over Bulger right away. I'm not usually one for imagining up trade scenarios when they aren't at least rumored, but with Cassel coming in and Croyle already there I think this is an enormous opportunity to make a trade for a kid that showed great promise last year (on a bad team). Plus, it would probably only cost a 5th round pick or so (without DA's enlarged contract, which despite me poking fun of him is the real reason i wouldn't trade for him) and be better than drafting say a Rhett Bomar in the 4th (really Rhett Bomar?) or a Tom Brandstater (who sorry but I've seen him in person and he's not an NFL qb) in the 5th or 6th as I've seen on some of your draft boards while serving the same purpose of giving us a qb of the future.

johnnyram is offline Registered User

I can't believe you guys, when Warner was struggling with us we cried for Bulger and now everyone is so quick to to get rid of Bulger. Need i remind everyone Warner just played in the Super Bowl. Bulger has not played behind a healthy line and has been trying to groom a pair of new recievers. Lets give the guy a fair oppertunity before you decide to hang him.

Don't get me wrong, i'm,not giving up on Bulger, and in fact i think he may fit in better in the new offense, however with that said, he needs to step it up, last year was not acceptable, i believe in him and hope that he turns it around, but it comes to a point where there needs to be at least a back up plan at the most important position on the field (in the future or in the present), and there is no one presently on the roster that fits that mold, thus that time has come.
    Last edited by npow81; -03-15-2009 at 02:08 AM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

But if you say you are not giving up on bulger, given his age and his contract, how can you advocate trading a #2 pick for a qb when we are so desparate for immediate and future needs in so many other places, let alone that anderson collapsed down the stretch two years ago and was at best ok last year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I did not advocate a #2 pick, i think anywhere from 4th to 6th is reasonable, especially because it seems like we may be drafting a qb in that range and frankly the qb class is pretty weak. I want Bulger to succeed, but more importantly I want to Rams to win, and it is my personal opinion not that we need to make a change, but that we need some sort of contingency plan if Bulger continues his decline in order for the Rams to win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12