djdeeznutz Guest

djdeeznutz mock off-season!!

Yea this one is actually realistic Nick.

Release
    Cory Chavious SS (already done)
    Pisa Tiniosamoa WLB (spoon will take his spot)
    (Trent Green retires)

Trade:
    Torry Holt to the titans for a 3rd rounder

Re-sign:
    Ron Bartell CB (5-6 yrs)
    OJ Atogwe FS (1yr franchise tag)
    Victor Adeyanju DE (2 yrs) (he will help with spags DL substitutions)
    Ricky Manning JR. CB (1yr.) (he did okay last year)

UFA
    Channing Crowder MLB (4yrs cheap)
    James Butler SS (3yrs cheap cuz of spags)
    Duke Preston or Matt Birk C (both are big Centers Preston will com cheap)
    Colin Cole DT (3 yrs 325 pounder for DL subs that spags is good at)
    Leigh Bodden CB (2yrs With Fakir Brown and Jason Craft gone we need a guy who has started at CB before for depth behind Bartell and Hill)

*All of these Free Agents will come cheap (except Matt Birk) And will be afforable and i see us going into the draft with about 8-9 million witch is good enuff to sign our picks.*

DRAFT
    Round 1: Eugene Monroe OT
    why: i want Crabtree but lets face it the Rams want to get bigger more physical thy get bigger with Monroe and a capable replacement for Pace. Also i dont think Gross will hit the FA market so the Rams will look for a young franchise OT here.
    Round 2: Clint Stinton SLB
    Why: We are moving spoon to WLB and Starting Crowder at MLB so we need a SLB and stinton could be the guy. Stinton is a first round talent that will be there in the 2nd. He is big 6-3 255 pounds and is a fantastic blitzer. This is like a perfect marrige for Spags.
    Round 3: Ron Brace NT
    Why: Yea he will be there in round 3 for us. He is a great run stopper at NT and we need run stoppers so he would be perfect for us. However if a 3-4 defense drafts him high we could look at Evander Hood who is extremly coachable and a team leader.
    Round 3: (From Titans) Dominique Johnson
    Why: 6-2 200 pounds can run fast and is a 3rd rounder? yea its true i see him as a potintial starter in 2010 or 2011. This guy has a good future. However i fear he will turn out like Pacman. He has Character issues and gets in to fights with coaches. But i still think we take him.
    Round 4: Nate Davis QB
    Why: This is a developmental QB that can back up Bulger next year. However we could go other ways here. We could take Jerimiah Johnson to compliment S-Jax or take Rhett Bomar instead of Nate Davis.
    Round 5: Tyrone Green OG or Pat White WR/QB
    Why: With the way our OL always get injured it wouldnt hurt to get son depth. Well i was stuck here. So i put Green. But if we want to add depth to the Center position AQ Shipley will be there but he small and i dont think there is much difference from Romberg. But Pat White will definatly be here. He is converting from QB to WR. And White can break tackles and could fit in with our WCO.
    Round 6: Devin Moore RB
    Why: Look at how the Giants ran the ball with Bradshaw. Moore could be our 3rd string and he is extremly fast. 4.40 projected 40 time. Think about how the Giants got to the superbowl in 2007 they had Bradshaw contributing. That was the same season people said the Giants will only win 6 games cuz they lost Tiki. But there draft helped them. Im not saying we are a Superbowl team but anything can happen.
    S-Jax> Jacobs
    Leonard < Ward (but if we use leonard like giants did to ward who knows?
    Moore=Bradshaw.
    Round 7: Quinn Johnson FB
    Why: S-jax will need a FB when he wants those tuff yards. This guy could block really well. And if Johnson does get that important block for S-jax he could go all the way.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: djdeeznutz mock off-season!!

I don't see the point of getting Brace and Cole. Bodden will be the top corner in FA if Asomoguah is franchised like expected, he will get more money than that because teams know he wasn't a fit in the Tampa 2 and he is a press corner. He won't be cheap, Crowder won't be expensive, but he won't be cheep either.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

its clint SINTIM, not clint STINTON.
    just letting you know because i've seen you, or maybe it was someone else, say it wrong in the past
    as for the mock
    i like all the free agent signings, although bodden may be a bit pricy
    if we get cole, we don't need brace, so we can get a WR there to replace holt
    love the devin moore and quinn johnson picks, but johnson may be gone already.
    Pat white would be interesting too, to run the wildcat.
    good mock, glad to see you curb the Crabtree enthusiasm haha
    Last edited by jbell15; -02-17-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I'd add Glover to the retire/cut list. Probably Looker,Wade,Klop,& Bassey will get the axe as well. Even Stanley,Pittman, and Leonard have to be a little nervous although I think they'll make through TC into pre-season.

It's risky but I hope Fakhir doesn't return. Rewatching a lot of games where the guy was really bad. Seemed even more mentally toasted than Hill; always looking at his feet when he got beat/penalized. No fire. Pleeeze let Hill & King show up as legit contenders to start opposite, double-pleeeze, Bartell.

I'd try to keep Craft. He's not the best cover corner but his speed & heart were useful.Ditto Larry Grant. Made some rookie mistakes but always seemed to come back on his next opportunity & make a play on STs.

I'd really rather meet the center issue head-on (pun intended) this year & hopefully be done with it. Either Romberg is the answer and draft later to develop or go for Mack/Unger in the 2nd if available.

I think picking up a Cole-type widebody & drafting Brace-even if he falls that far which I doubt- is too much with our meagre resources.One or the other. And depth DE might be a need if Adeyanju leaves.

Don't know enough about the later draft choices; we need depth everywhere so you hope for the best & that you don't need them to help anywhere but STs at most.

I also hope there will be a few little gems in FA like Stills,Darby,and possibly Fells or Grant that we can't even guess at yet.

In general, I like your commitment to the lines and front 7 on D.
    And I like the positions targeted in FA (except C) but I don't think we'd be able to pull off all those FAs financially,though.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    its clint SINTIM, not clint STINTON.
    just letting you know because i've seen you, or maybe it was someone else, say it wrong in the past
    as for the mock
    i like all the free agent signings, although bodden may be a bit pricy
    if we get cole, we don't need brace, so we can get a WR there to replace holt
    love the devin moore and quinn johnson picks, but johnson may be gone already.
    Pat white would be interesting too, to run the wildcat.

yea that was me that misspelled it!

Yea Bodden will be pricy but if we can get him im all for it cuz i wanted him ever since the lions cut him.

Fine instead of Brace we pick up a Center Jonathan Luigs C

Just had a thought do u think Josh Freeman could drop to the late 2nd round where we can trade for him?

Quinn Johnson will be there if he is not we can take that guy out of Syracuse

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Freeman is interesting because he will be a project, and it would light a fire under Bulger.
    But the fact that he is talked about a lot, means that a team may foolishly draft him in the first or early second.
    Were not in a position to be trading up to get in the second, unless we can get a third for Holt then package that third with a fifth to move back into the second.
    Interesting thought though, maybe a thread starter???

djdeeznutz Guest

I will never curb the Crabtree enthusiasm cuz Crabtree is a man among boys in this years draft.

There should be 2 ways people say the draft:

1) 2009 NFL Draft

2) "Move over Jerry Rice, Crabtree is here" Draft

lol just playin. I want the Rams to draft Crabtree but realistically i dont see them drafting any other position than OT (no not Curry either)

Freeman is interesting because he will be a project, and it would light a fire under Bulger.
    But the fact that he is talked about a lot, means that a team may foolishly draft him in the first or early second.
    Were not in a position to be trading up to get in the second, unless we can get a third for Holt then package that third with a fifth to move back into the second.
    Interesting thought though, maybe a thread starter???
    Freeman is a Ben Rothlisberger type where he could take the hit and throw on the run. But needs some improvements.

If u want to start a thread on this u can i just dont think Freeman will get much of a thread going.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Holy bejeebus, how many mock-offseason posts do you have?

As for your mock draft, it is pretty respectable. I would rather go with Brian Cushing or Aaron Maybin instead of Sintim, but that's just me. Maybe even Kenny Britt.

For round 3, I might want to consider taking Herman Johnson here. He may fall to the third round because of his Senior Bowl outing, and with Andy Levitre and Trevor Canfield rising a bit. Herman isn't the best pass blocker, but he would certainly plug our interior up with big body center Duke Preston. It would make it hard for linebackers to squeeze in through our interior. And with Monroe and Pace guarding our outer flanks, we might have a pretty nice line. Greco could also battle Johnson for the starting RG role, as I see that Jacob Bell could have a nice season next year.

That's almost a 700lb third round for us.