djdeeznutz Guest

Do u think that the struggling economy will effect the Rams trading the 2nd pick?

Honestly i want the Rams to trade the pick cuz if they trade down but stay in the top 10 we will still get someone we want- (eugene monroe, Micheal Oher, or Rey Maneulga)

But will the economy hurt the Rams chances of trading the draft pick?

The top 5 pick are going to demand top dolar like last year.

So if the Lions take Andre Smith 1st overall how hard will it be for the Rams to trade the pick?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Do u think that the struggling economy will effect the Rams trading the 2nd pick?

i think the chances the Rams trade the pick are slim and none and slim left town. There is no way Devaney and Spags are going to trade the 2nd pick in the draft. No possible way. Economy doesn't bother the NFL, they practically print their own money.

djdeeznutz Guest

Re: Do u think that the struggling economy will effect the Rams trading the 2nd pick?

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    i think the chances the Rams trade the pick are slim and none and slim left town. There is no way Devaney and Spags are going to trade the 2nd pick in the draft. No possible way. Economy doesn't bother the NFL, they practically print their own money.

NFL practically prints there money?????

Look at the MLB they give out way bigger contracts and since the economy is struggling some players are not getting the money they thought they would (bobby abreu, olando hudson, Manny)

In the MLB it looks like the Yankees are the only team that prints there money.

SO the NFL will also take a hit with the economy like this.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, that's cool. Still think it doesn't matter.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    NFL practically prints there money?????

Look at the MLB they give out way bigger contracts and since the economy is struggling some players are not getting the money they thought they would (bobby abreu, olando hudson, Manny)

In the MLB it looks like the Yankees are the only team that prints there money.

SO the NFL will also take a hit with the economy like this.
    Because the MLB does not have a salary cap. NFL does. The Rams will spend their cap amount regardless most likely.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

When the income from just the national TV deals practically pays for the payroll, it pretty much guarantees that every team will spend up to the cap. More to the point, do you think the fans will be more or less supportive if the teams doesn't spend every penny to put up a successful team?

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I would have to disagree as I am not sure what country you live in but regardless of if you are the Yankees or Donald Trump we all feel this economy. I also think there is a great chance we trade down based on Crabtree's performance in the combine

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMPAGE! View Post
    I would have to disagree as I am not sure what country you live in but regardless of if you are the Yankees or Donald Trump we all feel this economy. I also think there is a great chance we trade down based on Crabtree's performance in the combine
    But who trades up to get him? And what do they give up?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod