Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Do you make this trade?

Rams send their 1st (1) and 5th (via PHI) to the Bucs for their 1st (3), 2nd (35), and 2nd (via CHI)?

If that is ever on the table, I would do it in a heartbeat. We would have four picks in the top 50, which would go a long way towards kick starting the rebuilding process for us. We could conceivably get Bradford at 3, and then get three quality players in round two. Even if they didn't offer us both seconds and gave us their 2011 2nd round pick instead, I'd still do it. Suh is an incredible prospect, so if you ask me the Rams will only benefit from all the hype he is going to get and they can be rewarded by reeling in more picks.

I should add that I'm not saying this because I'm opposed to getting Suh...it's actually the exact opposite. I just like the option of gaining more picks and making our team better in multiple areas which is very critical and heightened this year with the limited talent pool we will see in free agency (stupid CBA!).
    Last edited by Bald_81; -01-04-2010 at 12:11 AM.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Re: Do you make this trade?

we would have to at least consider it. what if a guy like trueblood could be involved?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I would if Bradford wowed Scouts at the combine/pro-day. In other words, if I'm going to take a QB in the 1st, especially with such a high pick, I need to know that he's the future and that he's worth it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

39thebeast is offline Registered User

IF that was offered i'm sure we would take in a heart beat, but IMO that is a heck of alot for the Bucs to give up. The Rams would probably have to give up their 4th or 3rd for that to work on the trade value chart.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Interesting thread topic. A very similar question was asked of Jeff Gordon in his post-game chat:

nevadariverranch: Jeff, A draft question, if you could trade the 1st pick for Tampas 1st and 2 2nds, would you consider it?

Jeff Gordon: Sure. That would be an insane trade by Tampa Bay.
    I tend to agree with Gordon that it would be a hefty trade on Tampa's part. Sending three picks, all in either the first or second round, in order to move up two spots is a big package, especially since the Bucs @ 3-13 could probably also benefit from multiple picks to help rebuild their team.

If that trade was offered, I'd probably be tempted to take it. And I say that as a guy who really likes Suh, but the Rams need a lot of help and four picks in the first two rounds would be nice. I'd feel better (though still not completely crazy) about a QB @ 3rd overall than with the first pick, but I also wouldn't rule out Bryant at that spot either. The Rams could go any number of directions with multiple second rounders to work with - DL, WR, CB, OLB, or QB if it hasn't been addressed yet.

But I doubt the Bucs would offer such a package, to be honest.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

We can come up with plenty of trade ideas over the next few months, but it really is pointless unless the trade suggested at least arguably makes sense for both teams.

I don't see why Tampa would make the trade you proposed.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

If you refer to the trade value chart (which is obviously out-dated a bit), the values for each team actually match up closely. It just comes down to whether or not Tampa Bay would be willing to make a substantial offer like that. Their GM has made it no secret that he views Suh as the top player in the draft and certainly the Bucs have a need for a penetrating 4-3 DT of his caliber. But are they willing to pony up the picks and/or players to get him? We will see.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Are the Bucs a Suh away from being a playoff team? Thats the only way i see them doing this trade, and quite frankly they have holes elsewhere on the team too, especially at WR

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

why would we trade away a beast talent like Suh to a team that will probably use him to hurt our offense. i say keep suh and make the whiners and other rivals pay!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I don't think the Bucs would do it.

Suh or Clausen won't save this Rams team.

I would be happy trading 1st pick to the Bucs for there 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks.
    The Lions already have the franchise QB. The Rams have a 50/50 chance they won't take DT G. McCoy and take OT. R. Okung to protect that franchise QB.

I wouldn't mind dropping back 1 more time, to around the 6th-9th pick for another 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

First of all the Rams should pick the Best available player that fits in the SYSTEM Rams run.

Free agents 1. TE Tony Scheffler
    2.OLB Derrick Johson
    Have to give QB. K. Null some weapons to work with.

Then my draft
    1st pick C.J. Spiller
    2nd (a) DE. Greg Romeus or Carlos Dunlap
    (b) OT. Gabe Carimi
    3rd (a) WR. Eric Decker
    (b) DT Marvin Austin
    4th DE. Austin Lane
    5th (a) QB Rusty Smith
    (b) G Thomas Austin