View Poll Results: If we select an OT in the first round what will we take in the 2nd round?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • a Linebacker

17 50.00%
  • A Saftey

6 17.65%
  • A Defensive Tackle

1 2.94%
  • Another O-lineman

7 20.59%
  • Other

3 8.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Do you think the Rams will take 2 O-linemen with there 1st 2 picks of the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Bell will try to beef up this off-season. His dad was on here a while back saying that Jacob was already trying to get bigger.

I would rather have Bell man the left side, and Greco the right side, because I believe that both of them are better than Incognito.

If he doesn't buff up, he can come down here and introduce himself to some texas barbecue.
    His dad was on here? Do you mean local radio or what?

Agree with eating some Texas-sized barbecue. Heck if that doesn't work put him a Golden Corral and lock the door!!

Speaking of Texas I believe that I hear some thunder in the distance; probably another dad-gummed T-storm from TEXAS (as usual!)

WHAT SAY YE?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Do you think the Rams will take 2 O-linemen with there 1st 2 picks of the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Good thread, nutzy. Let me add my 2 cents worth.

1.) At this point in the process I agree with your assessment of Eugene Monroe having less risk than Andre Smih.

2.) I definitely have Incognito back as the starter at RG. He fits both Devaney and Spags new criterion for a Rams player: He's both big and very intense. I believe Spags will get Richie's tendency for foolish penalties under control.

3.) The odd man out as I see it right now is Jacob Bell. I mean how does a 285 lb. guard fit the criteria stated numerous times by Devaney of getting bigger? Plus factor in that we are pretty much assured that Spags will want to operate with a power-based run attack and I don't see where Mr. Bell fits in at this time.

4.) Therefore my projected O-line is:
    LT- Pace
    LG- Greco
    C- Mack (or M.Birk)
    RG- Incognito
    RT- Monroe

Well that's it for now.

WHAT SAY YE?
    1) Agree with Munroe over Smith as appearing more NFL ready. Smith's pass blocking would be severely tested at the NFL level. No doubt he can run block though.
    Hope you're right about Spags and Cogs -- I wouldn't bet on it. Remember Spags is stressing "team first" over everything. Cogs doesn't exactly exemplify that prerequisite.

Disagree on Bell. Bell can add weight during the off season and has publicly stated that will be his goal. We can't afford to let him go considering cap implications. Also there is an area of Bell's game that goes unnoticed by some, and that area is his ability to get down field and hit moving targets. Bell can run .. More than a few times I've seen him running full speed down field, hair flying and wipe out a db or linebacker. He should be able to play at 315 lbs and be very productive. If he's healthy, I believe he'll be starting.

4) Hope we do land a starting center in FA. Jason Brown or Birk would be my choices, don't know much about Mack, but darn near anybody would be better than Lechey !!!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    His dad was on here? Do you mean local radio or what?

Agree with eating some Texas-sized barbecue. Heck if that doesn't work put him a Golden Corral and lock the door!!

Speaking of Texas I believe that I hear some thunder in the distance; probably another dad-gummed T-storm from TEXAS (as usual!)

WHAT SAY YE?
    His dad posted the information about Bell on the Ram Talk section about a month ago.

I think he'll get kicked out of Golden Corral.

Bell walks up to the steak line, and the cook says, "how you want it?" Bell then replies with, "I want it fully rare and I'll take all of the steak. I also want the cow you're hiding in the back too." The cook turns wide-eyed and starts muttering gibberish while the diners behind Bell start scheming ways to lock Bell in a bathroom stall and starve.

I think we're getting a thunderstorm tonight which will probably move up into Arkansas. The thing with Texas weather is that it's never predictable. Sometimes it'll rain like heck in the morning, then it clears up in 3 hours and becomes like 88 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    His dad posted the information about Bell on the Ram Talk section about a month ago.

I think he'll get kicked out of Golden Corral.

Bell walks up to the steak line, and the cook says, "how you want it?" Bell then replies with, "I want it fully rare and I'll take all of the steak. I also want the cow you're hiding in the back too." The cook turns wide-eyed and starts muttering gibberish while the diners behind Bell start scheming ways to lock Bell in a bathroom stall and starve.

I think we're getting a thunderstorm tonight which will probably move up into Arkansas. The thing with Texas weather is that it's never predictable. Sometimes it'll rain like heck in the morning, then it clears up in 3 hours and becomes like 88 degrees.
    Interesting info about his dad. Do you recall what name or moniker he posted under? I find it kinda odd that a player's dad would post about his kid; but who knows!

Well if ya'll getting a thunderstorm remember the sequence: All the water goes to Texas and Arkansas and the hail, freezing rain, and high winds goes to Oklahoma where it belongs.

WHAT SAY YE?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    1.)Hope you're right about Spags and Cogs -- I wouldn't bet on it. Remember Spags is stressing "team first" over everything. Cogs doesn't exactly exemplify that prerequisite.

2.)Disagree on Bell. Bell can add weight during the off season and has publicly stated that will be his goal. We can't afford to let him go considering cap implications. Also there is an area of Bell's game that goes unnoticed by some, and that area is his ability to get down field and hit moving targets. Bell can run .. More than a few times I've seen him running full speed down field, hair flying and wipe out a db or linebacker. He should be able to play at 315 lbs and be very productive. If he's healthy, I believe he'll be starting.
    1.) I actually think that Cogs IS a team player but ironically his mouth and actions frequently belie that fact. Certainly he needs to tone it down to become an even better team player, but methinks this is the kind of guy Spags can work with. From what I've read about Spags he is a very intense kind of person also.

2.) Well, I truly hope that you are right concerning Mr. Bell. However, I am a little concerned that Bell's best weight may not be 300+ lbs. How did he get so small in the first place? Will the extra weight adversely affect his play? And can he keep the weight on that is needed to play in the trenches in the NFL? Lots of questions. Time will tell.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12