djdeeznutz Guest

Do you think the Rams will trade down to #18?

This is a really stupid mock draft cuz the 1st 3 picks are O-linemen. But recently (after the lions got shwatz) ive been seeing Andre Smith as the #1 pick in the draft.

SO if the Lions do get Smith what do da Rams do?

I think it would be best to trade the pick cuz getting Oher here is too early and Curry is a great linebacker but #2 is too high for him.

Most possible trades are #6 Cinncinati, #7Oakland, #9 Jacksonville, all the way back to #18 chicago.

This would work out great cuz the Rams would get picks and take away Micheal Crabtree from Division Rival Seattle Seahawks.

Cinncinati and Oakland have too many whole to fill in the draft and i dont think the Jaguars will do the same they did last year and trade all there picks.

So this brings it down to the Bears at #18. How do u feel if the Rams dropped all the way down to #18 with a similar trade like last years Baltimore-Jacksonville trade.

Jacksonville Jags got:

Raven's 1-round pick (NO. 8)

Ravens Got:

Jaguar's 1-round pick No. 26
    Jaguars's 3-round picks (2) No. 71, No. 89
    Jaguars 4-round pick No. 125

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Do you think the Rams will trade down to #18?

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    So this brings it down to the Bears at #18. How do u feel if the Rams dropped all the way down to #18 with a similar trade like last years Baltimore-Jacksonville trade.

Jacksonville Jags got:

Raven's 1-round pick (NO. 8)

Ravens Got:

Jaguar's 1-round pick No. 26
    Jaguars's 3-round picks (2) No. 71, No. 89
    Jaguars 4-round pick No. 125
    I would not want to drop from the #2 overall pick to the 18th and my next highest pick that I gained was in the 70's.

I would consider making a trade with Philly for their 21st, 28th and Lito Shephard.

My Ram picks would be:
    Round 1:
    21st: James Laurinaitis MLB 6'3 245 or Brian Cushing MLB 6'4 245
    28th: Alex Mack C 6'5 316 (best Center) or Max Unger C 6'5 300
    Round 2:
    35th: Ron Brace DT 6'3 330 (a topNT)
    Round 3:
    67th: Fenuki Tupou OT 6'5 328 (Good OT could be had in the third round)

All that plus Shephard CB would help get this team headed in the right direction.

Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-24-2009 at 11:20 AM.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I would not want to drop from the #2 overall pick to the 18th and my next highest pick that I gained was in the 70's.

I would consider making a trade with Philly for their 21st, 28th and Lito Shephard.

My Ram picks would be:
    Round 1:
    21st: James Laurinaitis MLB 6'3 245 or Brian Cushing MLB 6'4 245
    28th: Alex Mack C 6'5 316 (best Center) or Max Unger C 6'5 300
    Round 2:
    35th: Ron Brace DT 6'3 330 (a topNT)
    Round 3:
    67th: Fenuki Tupou OT 6'5 328 (Good OT could be had in the third round)

All that plus Shephard CB would help get this team headed in the right direction.

Thats a great idea but i dont think the eagles will give up both 1st round picks. They might want to go up to 2nd to get crabtree but the Eagles seem they they are huge losers in this trade.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think it would be crazy to trade the 2nd overall pick in the draft. I would wait till the 2nd round and see what people will offer.

Thats a great idea but i dont think the eagles will give up both 1st round picks. They might want to go up to 2nd to get crabtree but the Eagles seem they they are huge losers in this trade.
    They have two aging OT's and their has been questions about keeping or letting McNabb walk. They might want to trade up to get one of the top OT's Anrde Smith, Michael Ohre, Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, or QB Matthew Stafford. I think if Phily had the #2 pick they would go OT or Stafford before going Crabtree. All those players would be gone if they did not trade up from their 21st pick.

They would not feel they are huge losers if they could take either the top QB or top OT. They are a lot closer then we are at having a good team. They can afford to go for one good impact player. We need more then one good impact player we need several good players.

Value wise they would be getting good value:

According to the value chart the #2 pick is worth 2600 points.

Their 21st pick is 800 points and their 28th pick is 660 points for a total of 1460 points. Lito Shepphard would help make it a fairly even trade and they don't have room for him anyway.

Several Drafts I have seen have the Eagles taking an OT at 21. But almost all of those show the top four OT's gone by the time they pick.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-24-2009 at 05:22 PM.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    They have two aging OT's and their has been questions about keeping or letting McNabb walk. They might want to trade up to get one of the top OT's Anrde Smith, Michael Ohre, Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, or QB Matthew Stafford. I think if Phily had the #2 pick they would go OT or Stafford before going Crabtree. All those players would be gone if they did not trade up from their 21st pick.

They would not feel they are huge losers if they could take either the top QB or top OT. They are a lot closer then we are at having a good team. They can afford to go for one good impact player. We need more then one good impact player we need several good players.

Value wise they would be getting good value:

According to the value chart the #2 pick is worth 2600 points.

Their 21st pick is 800 points and their 28th pick is 660 points for a total of 1460 points. Lito Shepphard would help make it a fairly even trade and they don't have room for him anyway.

Several Drafts I have seen have the Eagles taking an OT at 21. But almost all of those show the top four OT's gone by the time they pick.

As u said they have 2 aging tackles. so instead of getting one great Tackle they can get 2 good tackles

As u said they have 2 aging tackles. so instead of getting one great Tackle they can get 2 good tackles
    Actually they would be lucky if the 5th or 6th best OT is there when they pick at 21. The OT they take at 21 and or 28 would be more of a risk of not being a starting caliber OT. Yes like I said they have two aging OT's they need to get one OT that they know can start instead of two that they hope can start. They are in a different boat then we are we need to hope because we have so many holes. They have are a better team and fewer holes and their two OT's they have could go another year if need be. In the mean time they need one good OT this year. In most of the Drafts I only saw them taking one OT in the first four rounds anyway.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-24-2009 at 06:36 PM.