39thebeast is offline Registered User

Dolphins moves look good for Rams

A league source told FOXSports.com that Miami is preparing to offer Pace the same kind of mega-deal that linebackers Adalius Thomas and Joey Porter received in free agency last off-season. New England and Miami signed Thomas and Porter respectively to five-year, $32 million contracts that included $20 million in guaranteed money.

Dolphins agreed to terms with DT Randy Starks on a five-year, $21 million contract, with $7 million guaranteed.
    Starks has played in a 4-3 scheme in Tennessee the past four years, but is the big (6'3/315), high-upside type player Bill Parcells looks for. Of course, he's also had off-field problems, something Parcells said he wouldn't tolerate. It's remarkable Starks got this money with such little production as a pro. Feb. 29 - 3:04 pm et
    Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Cowboys are trading Ferguson to the Dolphins for a 2009 sixth-round pick, and the teams will swap sixth-rounders this year. Dealing Ferguson clears about $2.4 million on this year's salary cap.

Dolphins signed QB Josh McCown to a two-year, $6.25 million contract.
    We'll pencil him in as their new starter, although McCown will have to hold off John Beck and most likely a draft pick. McCown, 28, has always had the physical traits (arm, athleticism, size), but never completed more than 60.4% of his passes or had a 7.0+ YPA in a season. He is not the long-term answer, but that's also not what the Dolphins are expecting from him.
    Source: Palm Beach Post

What does this mean for the Rams. I think this means Chris Long. Why? some experts have said Chris Long is maxed out and can't get big enough to be affective in the 3-4 unless he plays OLB. With two big money guys in Pace and Porter at OLB i think they are set there. They also signed Reggie Torbor for depth and already have Channing crowder and Jason Taylor. They also get their NT in Ferguson and a possible NT or End in Starks. McCown could compete with Beck for the starting QB, but they still could go Ryan. With the release of their 2 starting tackles I think this means their pick will be Jake Long unless they can make a trade where the team they trade with will most likely will taken McFadden leaving us with Chris Long.

What say ye?

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Dolphins moves look good for Rams

Good post. I think it means Chris Long.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Chris Long!!!!!!!!!!!!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

The dolphins have so much money tied up in Porter, Taylor and (hopefully) Pace that they won`t be able to justify spending a 1st round pick on another 3-4 OLB in Long.

I think Parcells will definitely be looking to shop his pick and I hope he finds a McFadden-hungry suitor.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

If they sign Pace, you may be on to something. Let's see what gets done there.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Nice post 39thebeast lets hope you get this right.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Good post 39thebeast. Long all the way!!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Unless the plan is to play Long as a 3-4 DE?

He's spent time there, and at the combine, showed he could play either position.

To prove my point- off the top of your heads, (anyone other than Nick ) name the Dolphins two starting 3-4 DEs? Difficult task, yes?

Ted washingoton I think maybe Randy Starks ....

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Per Rotoworld....

Calvin Pace will visit the Jets Saturday.

Sports Illustrated incorrectly reported Friday that Pace was signing with Miami. He is going to make a lot of money for some 3-4 team.
    There goes that theory.

who do you think is more likely to get him. The jets who would have to to give 20mil in bonues 2 two people this season Faneca and Pace or the Dolphins who are rebuilding and have way more cash to spend

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Not necessarily. It just means that Miami's going to have to cough up a little more cash. Pace is shopping himself for as much as he can get and I have to think that a team run by Parcells and coached by Parcells light is better than the one year wonder of Mangenius. I expect the Jets to continue downwards, while the Phins should overtake them to be 3rd in the division.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Not necessarily. It just means that Miami's going to have to cough up a little more cash. Pace is shopping himself for as much as he can get and I have to think that a team run by Parcells and coached by Parcells light is better than the one year wonder of Mangenius. I expect the Jets to continue downwards, while the Phins should overtake them to be 3rd in the division.
    As a Jet fan, your insults of Mangini are accepted, but the Dolphins shouldn't be passing us this year. They are a mess. I also wouldn't be so excited about the Parcells as GM. He was our GM and was kind of a train wreck. Stuck us in cap hell. Crappy in the draft. Remember Dorian Boose? I didn't think so.

EDIT: I hear the Dolphins just agreed to trade Jason Taylor, so sounds like Chris Long is back on top of their board.
    Last edited by Dominator; -03-01-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Found the link-it says he'll be traded, not cut