Chris58 is offline Registered User

Dolphins release Zach Thomas

This isn't breaking news, but no one has responded to it so I thought I might. Is it too late to consider Thomas? Granted he has 12 years in the league and is coming off his own injury from last year. Maybe more importantly, it was reported today that the Pats extended an offer to him. So it might be too late already.

But consider that Chillar sounds like he's out the door and the Rams could use some experienced depth at LB. Granted he is a MLB but if the Rams are even remotely considering 3-4 alignment, he would make perfect sense in that scheme. With Will next to him and Pisa McGarkle (sp?) or Culbertson on the outsides that still leaves Draft and Smith for depth. If the Rams stay with a 4-3 Thomas provides depth and gives the Rams the luxury of using Will as an OLB which is what he was with the Panthers. It might not be a long term solution but it could take the pressure off using a draft pick to fill the void.

What do you think?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Dolphins release Zach Thomas

I don't feel that at this point in his career that he'd be a worthwhile acquisition for the simple fact that he only wants to play for a known contender. I would limit that to the playoff teams from last year plus Philly, Saints, and maybe Baltimore. He won't consider us unless we vastly overpay.

Oh, and that he would be a luxury pickup unless we made Spoon move outside again just after he's gotten used to the middle. We have a MLB, we don't need another.