Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: NFL Network: Dolphins to Release DE Jason Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Actually...I think the person who said Rams were interested in Dewayne Robertson from Jets.

A possible trade down from 2nd to 6th for Robertson and grab Gholston at 6th? I'd see no reason why the Jets wouldn't want McFadden running behind Faneca and splitting time with Jones.
    Because they also have Leon Washington who was a big return guy last year and was a pretty good RB splitting time with Jones. Why pay tons of cash to replace a guy that's cheap and you already have. I don't know why the media thinks the Jets love this guy.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Atlanta or Oakland could be good trades also to snag Gholston.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Yeah...Atlanta I could see. Basically they're starting from the line first...then expanding out. Anderson and Abraham, though...so not sure if DE is a major need for them...but I wouldn't doubt it.

If McFadden is on the board when the Raiders pick...no doubt he'll be in Oakland. Davis loves speedsters.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Re: Dolphins and Taylor to "part ways"

I don't hear too much about the Jets being interested in McFadden, other than crazy people on Jets message boards and people that saw him run a 4.27 (corrected to 4.33) and wet their pants. It's not only that the Jets have Jones and Washington, but the money they have in Jones. That's a lot of money at RB. Also, with Washington and Jones, what is lacking is a goal line/short yardage back. McFadden does not fill that need. I'm not even sure the Jets will pick DMC if he's there at six, let alone trade up. Especially in a draft so deep at RB.

Jerry Jones is supposed to be in love with the guy, but with the salary commanded by the #2 pick these days I wouldn't expect to get "chart value". I think you throw the chart out the window and get their two first rounders and maybe a sweetener, but I doubt their second rounder.

I still think with them grabbing multiple LB's and releasing starting O linemen and only going after one replacement so far, makes me think they're going after Jake Long in the draft. I know they need more LB's to switch to a 3-4 and they will need a Demarcus Ware kind of guy for it, but they're already grabbing people for it, while they aren't grabbing starting linemen.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The Dolphins have so many holes right now it's difficult to say what they'll do. I think they'll desperately want to trade down for more picks, but if they stay pat, it may come down to which position they consider most important. I'd be surprised if they were really convinced McCown was the future of the franchise at quarterback, especially since they signed him to a 2-year deal that's only worth like 3 million/yr. But they need help on the offensive line and at defensive end, too.

As far as whether we'd be interested in Jason Taylor, I'm going to guess not. He'll probably go to a team that is looking for something to push them over the top within the next year or two--because Taylor isn't likely to play much longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    The Dolphins have so many holes right now it's difficult to say what they'll do. I think they'll desperately want to trade down for more picks, but if they stay pat, it may come down to which position they consider most important. I'd be surprised if they were really convinced McCown was the future of the franchise at quarterback, especially since they signed him to a 2-year deal that's only worth like 3 million/yr. But they need help on the offensive line and at defensive end, too.
    I very much agree with the statement about McCown, however they may feel that he can bridge the gap to get Beck ready to start or another 2nd rounder like Brohm or Flacco if they fall or maybe trading back up into the first to get one.

shower beers is offline Registered User

ESPN is now saying that Taylor is staying in Miami next season. This is coming from Parcells himself.

Take that as you will.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    ESPN is now saying that Taylor is staying in Miami next season. This is coming from Parcells himself.

Take that as you will.
    Parcells discounts talk of Taylor's departure, expects Pro Bowler to return
    ESPN.com news services
    Updated: March 2, 2008, 10:54 AM ET

Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that defensive end Jason Taylor will be playing for Miami in 2008 unless he chooses to retire, contrary to a published report.

Yahoo Sports reported Saturday night that Taylor, an 11-year veteran who has played all of his 172 career games for the Dolphins, would be parting ways with Miami this offseason before the NFL draft this April.

"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells told Mortensen.

Taylor, a six-time Pro Bowler who was the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2006, had 11 sacks last season for the woeful Dolphins.

In 2007, Miami suffered through a 1-15 season. They hired Parcells to run their football operations in December.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Josh McCown "definitely" will be Miami's No. 2 quarterback in 2008. John Beck will compete with someone else to start.

It initially seemed like McCown signed to be a placeholder, but Mort indicates that Dolphins management is as high on Beck as they let on this winter. It's a good thing, because McCown belongs on the bench. The Dolphins now seem very likely to use a top three round pick on a quarterback this April.
    via rotoworld.

With 3 higher-end 3-4 OLBs, it seems less and less likely that the Fins will select Chris Long, and I can't forsee Jason Taylor retiring. He has a few more years left in him.

The reason they could go after Chris Long would be to play opposite Jayson Taylor if they were planning on sticking to a 4-3 for a number of years, which is something I just don't see a Bill Parcells team doing. Holding all the cards, would you go after the position you're planning on taking first in the draft or would you shore up the position you're going to skip? They're skipping offensive line, and maybe I'm just wishing so hard I'm blinding myself, but I am thinking they're going defense in free agency to go with offense early in the draft. Jake Long or Matt Ryan and then the opposite position in the second or late first.

Jason Taylor's been looking at getting into show business for years now, and he's starting with Dancing with the Stars, but that does not make a career, it gets him in the door. He'll play at least next year and see how far he thinks he is from possibly getting into the Hall and where his next career is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12