Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael on trading block, looking for third round pick

Dolphins trying to trade TE McMichael
    By Alex Marvez
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    March 3, 2007, 11:08 AM EST

The most prolific tight end in Dolphins history is on the trading block.

A source said today that the Dolphins are shopping Randy McMichael, who is the franchise's all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. The Dolphins are asking for a third-round pick, the source said.

McMichael, a 2002 fourth-round draft choice, is coming off his third consecutive season with at least 60 catches. The Dolphins, though, are revamping their roster under new General Manager Randy Mueller, who already has released four veterans (defensive end Kevin Carter and guards Jeno James, Seth McKinney and Bennie Anderson) while also re-signing just one of the team's 15 unrestricted free agents before the signing period began Friday.

McMichael is set to collect a $3 million roster bonus along with his $1 million base salary for 2007. He is under contract with the Dolphins through 2009.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said today that he was unaware McMichael is being shopped.

"They have not said anything to me about it nor have any teams contacted me about it," Rosenhaus said. "I've got no comment on it because it's the first I've heard of it."

The Dolphins didn't immediately respond to an inquiry seeking comment.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Dolphins shopping Tight End Randy McMichael

Any change Linehan goes for him?
    RamsFan16

BIG GAME 81 is offline Registered User

Re: Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael on trading block, looking for third round pick

I don't know how everyone would feel about giving up a third round pick, but could you imagine: Holt, Bruce, Bennett, McMichael, with Bulger and Jackson in the backfeild. Wow!! I don't think we'll bite on that just because we used a 2nd and 3rd picks on TE's last year. However, Linehan does know him from Miami. My question would be how good of a run blocker is McMichael I'm not to sure how he's regarded in this category.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael on trading block, looking for third round pick

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GAME 81 View Post
    My question would be how good of a run blocker is McMichael I'm not to sure how he's regarded in this category.
    He's more of an angle/leverage blocker than he is a physical in-line guy. So you're probably not adding much in the blocking department by bringing in a guy like McMichael, whom I believe also has some off the field issues that would need to be considered.

viper is offline Registered User

I don't think we need McMichael. Klopfenstein and Byrd are the future here. As they are integrated more and more into the passing game they should both become big playmakers for years to come. They just need the opportunity to contribute IMHO. Walker is fine for depth.

With the acquisition of Bennett we will have alot of weapons for Bulger to choose from. Defenses will have difficulty covering everyone. Bulger will pick them apart.

viper is offline Registered User

They've both shown promise. I think it has more do with Olsen calling their number more than anything else.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

No thanks. Some other team can have McMichael along with his massive ego and domestic violence issues.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

id rather take the chance on Byrd and Klop stepping it up and keep the draft pick for a kick returner

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Let's go with Byrd and Klop, and at this time next year if we get no production then let's do something. They have to much upside to give up on them after 1 season.

Country is offline Registered User

The Rams do not need him and he would take money away from the defense. In case no one is paying attention we have brought in one defensive player for the worse defense in the league.

Drew is offline Registered User

McMicheal has talent and is worth a 3rd certainly but not for us,i firmly believe Byrd and especially Klop will be great TE`s in the future,they were both held back in their production last year so they could be fine tuned and become finer all round TE`s they done what was asked of them!

what i heard is that last year they were kept out of the passing game to work on their blocking, so they should see more of the ball next year

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    what i heard is that last year they were kept out of the passing game to work on their blocking, so they should see more of the ball next year
    May not seeing that Bennett signed,thus we may see more 3 receiver sets and with Bennett's size he is sure to see plenty of action in the red-zone..:l

well i see us going singleback 3WR with a TE quite often, so a TE will be out there.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

He may be out there,doesn't mean his number will get called to often..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast