Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael on trading block, looking for third round pick

guy, we are not in a position to spend a 3rd round pick on a tight end. end of story, we need defense. we have two young tight ends and a decent blocker in walker. its simply not a priority. you cant have an all star at every position, you have to fill your holes and our big holes are on defense. klopf will be fine.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael on trading block, looking for third round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He's more of an angle/leverage blocker than he is a physical in-line guy. So you're probably not adding much in the blocking department by bringing in a guy like McMichael, whom I believe also has some off the field issues that would need to be considered.
    Arrested... i think.... over the offseason of 05 for a domestic dispute. Might have been with his wife?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The plot thickens...

Sources: Dolphins to release TE McMichael
    By Alex Marvez
    Sun-Sentinel.com
    Posted March 5 2007, 4:00 PM EST

The Dolphins are releasing tight end Randy McMichael today, two sources said.

The release comes roughly a week before the Dolphins were set to pay McMichael a $3 million roster bonus. The Dolphins had placed McMichael on the trading block for a third-round draft pick, a source said Saturday, but didn't find any takers.

The Dolphins have signed Green Bay tight end David Martin to take McMichael's place in the starting lineup.

McMichael is the Dolphins' all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. A 2002 fourth-round draft choice, McMichael is coming off his third consecutive season with at least 60 catches.

The Dolphins, though, are revamping their roster under new General Manager Randy Mueller already have purged themselves of such veterans as defensive end Kevin Carter, left tackle Damion McIntosh, running back Sammy Morris and guards Jeno James, Seth McKinney and Bennie Anderson.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Wow, I wonder if Linehan will go after him?
    RamsFan16

rammiser is offline Registered User

Sorry Nick I started a new thread because Mcmichael was officially released I didnt realize you posted in here about him being released today. But Like I said we should go get this guy. Can you imagine having a te like that in our offense?
    Just Fix It

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Sorry Nick I started a new thread because Mcmichael was officially released I didnt realize you posted in here about him being released today. But Like I said we should go get this guy. Can you imagine having a te like that in our offense?
    Like I have been saying, Linehan & Co will be going nuts to get this guy.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rammiser is offline Registered User

I agree varg, Bruce,Holt,Bennett,Jackson,Bulger and McMichael now that is a dynamic offense. If we improved on D we woould be an immediate contender would'nt you think?
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12