Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Dominating D 7 round Rams mock draft

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    i disagree, while i think finding a number one is a concern, i think it is perhaps the LEAST concern we have besides getting a backup for jackson. Both concerns, but not one of our more pressing ones.

Why? With the return of big speedy Laurent Robinson, Avery, Gibson, Burton, Amendola, and the evaluation of a promising Brooks Foster, i think you have to address our other needs first. First concern is Quarterback but you must make sure you do not reach just because you need one (ala picking clausen with the first pick). There will be QBs in later rounds or considering waiting another year (when some of these needs will be alleviated) to get your QB.

I think Ogbonnaya can be a good back-up, this is based off of what ive seen of him in college and his small performance in the last game of the season. This will be updated based on what i see of him in training camp.

always get the BPA who fills a need as well.
    Can we really on the health of that group, I don't think so. The line was bad at times, but other times the Recievers just weren't getting open. The Rams need playmakers on the outside period. The offense was atrocious the Rams didn't score at all this year. The box was always stacked there were no threats on the outside. The line is good enough the running game can be dominant. Put a QB out there with Zeroe weapons they aren't going to succeed. I agree a healthy Robinson helps, and so does a healthy Donnie Avery in spots, but we definately could use more. To unload the box and score points.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

I know the offense is worse off than the defense, but that doesn't justify passing over good talent for mediocre talent. We gotta build this team the right way, not the fast way. If this draft happens to have more defensive players, so be it.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I know the offense is worse off than the defense, but that doesn't justify passing over good talent for mediocre talent. We gotta build this team the right way, not the fast way. If this draft happens to have more defensive players, so be it.
    i honestly completely agree. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT. Go draft McCoy in the second round if there's better talent available. There are good quarterbacks in every single year. Stock this team with as much talent and play-makers available and then you top it off with your jewel QB.

The fans will just have to be patient dammit lol. You want a half-assed .500 team or potential dynasty. Way too much talent will fall (i base this off simple math that there are more talented players in this draft than picks) to the second round to be reaching for a third round QB in McCoy. You find a stop-gap option in FA, not wise to do so in the draft, if you plan on getting a QB next year.

Rome wasn't built in a day....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12