Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    RamWraith's Avatar
    RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    61

    Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Over Banta-Cain!!!

    If there is one team that we should put stock into when evaluating talent it is the Patriots. If they didn't want him after 4 years, what makes anyone think he is starter material or worth a hill of beans. It has also been stated that he is more suited for a 3-4 style of defense than our 4-3.

    Me personally really hopes that another team picks this guy and over pays him and not us.


  2. #2
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,298
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    It has also been stated that he is more suited for a 3-4 style of defense than our 4-3.
    To be fair, I think the only reason the Rams brought him in was his versatility between the 4-3 and the 3-4. He is probably a candidate for Haslett's "buck end" position.

    Having said all that, I completely agree with Wraith. If he were God's gift to football, he'd still be wearing a Pats jersey. They wouldn't have let him test the waters if he was a playmaker.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #3
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    To be fair, I think the only reason the Rams brought him in was his versatility between the 4-3 and the 3-4. He is probably a candidate for Haslett's "buck end" position.

    Having said all that, I completely agree with Wraith. If he were God's gift to football, he'd still be wearing a Pats jersey. They wouldn't have let him test the waters if he was a playmaker.
    They let Dillon go.

  4. #4
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    I'd like to have him and I think he could help us, but if he wants to go out and seek crazy money, more power to him. If we're going to overpay for someone, it should be for a proven playmaker, not Banta-Cain.

  5. #5
    RedArcher7's Avatar
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    These are the same guys that didn't resign Willie M. or Deon B. and like said above, Corey D.

  6. #6
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    734
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    and how well has Willie produced since being let go? Dillon was released because he didn't want to assume a backup role and Branch wanted big time receiver money(Moss, Owens, Harrison, Holt, Johnson) kind of money. He isn't worth it. There is a reason they are a threat every year and Bill has brought the best out of many linebackers who did practically nothing before becoming Patriots.

  7. #7
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    and how well has Willie produced since being let go? Dillon was released because he didn't want to assume a backup role and Branch wanted big time receiver money(Moss, Owens, Harrison, Holt, Johnson) kind of money. He isn't worth it. There is a reason they are a threat every year and Bill has brought the best out of many linebackers who did practically nothing before becoming Patriots.
    Branch and Givens they couldn't resign either of them?

  8. #8
    RedArcher7's Avatar
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Lemmie axe you this, how much has any of Cleveland produced? I don't think you can say Branch isn't a big time reciever, he was Superbowl MVP, and the best WR the Pats had. Seatle thought he was something special, signing him to a big deal even with the 4,000 recievers the already had. Just because the almighty Patriots released him doesn't make him a bad player.

  9. #9
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    To be fair, the Patriot do let good players go because of salary....is this guy simply worth more than they are willing to pay on the open market bidding? I need to know, and until I do, I'll have my panties in a bunch, HIT IT GIRLS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    I don't want Tully Banta Cain, I want a pure SLB like Napolean Harris or a guy like Kawika Mitchell that can play out there.

  11. #11
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I don't want Tully Banta Cain, I want a pure SLB like Napolean Harris or a guy like Kawika Mitchell that can play out there.
    I guess it depends on what Haslett has planned, but as HUb noted, his perceived value looks to be versatility and the ability to swing between multiple defensive looks and positions.

  12. #12
    BIG GAME 81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    The reason Banta Cain is gone is because they brought in Adalius Thomas, I believe the other starters are still there: Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin.

  13. #13
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    ***** signed former Patriots OLB Tully Banta-Cain.

    Banta-Cain is great on special teams and can be an effective situational pass-rusher, but he barely played for three seasons and was benched in the AFC Championship for a reason - he doesn't hold up against the run. It's uncertain if he'll start in San Francisco.

    Well it looks like the **** over paid for him so it's a moot point.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  14. #14
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,083
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GAME 81 View Post
    The reason Banta Cain is gone is because they brought in Adalius Thomas, I believe the other starters are still there: Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin.
    We have a B I N G O!

  15. #15
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,083
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: Dont get your undies in a bunch

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Lemmie axe you this, how much has any of Cleveland produced? I don't think you can say Branch isn't a big time reciever, he was Superbowl MVP, and the best WR the Pats had. Seatle thought he was something special, signing him to a big deal even with the 4,000 recievers the already had. Just because the almighty Patriots released him doesn't make him a bad player.
    Deion Branch wanted #1 receiver money. He's not and never will be a #1. The Pats did the right thing letting him go. He was #1 on the Pats but who was his competition???

    One thing for sure Bill Belicheck is no dummy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •