Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Don't be that guy

Eventually, each of us will have to decide who we favor: Bradford or Suh/G.McCoy. We can only take one of these guys, and a choice will have to be made.

If you find yourself in the Suh/.G.McCoy camp, that's fine. They are Blue Chip prospects at a premium position.

If you decide that Bradford is the way to go, that's also fine. He is the concensus top QB in this draft.

But, whoever you choose, don't make your point by needlessly tearing down the other player(s). I'm starting to see this on other boards... posters who support Suh/G.McCoy with over the top critiques of Bradford that make him sound like the second coming of Ryan Leaf... Bradford fans who are trying to convince everyone that Suh/G.McCoy are overrated players with high bust potential.

Don't be that guy.

These are all solid prospects and one can make a reasonable argument for any one of them (even G.McCoy - though I personally see Suh as vastly superior).

This is NOT and easy decision. Even if it makes you feel better to argue that it is... it isn't.

Seriously... don't be that guy.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -03-24-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Don't be that guy

**looks around** and declares I'm not that guy.

But well said ... At least there are prospects for the Rams to decide on taking number 1 , better to have choices than no choice.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've become so confused recently that I'm starting to think that Sam Bradford is some sort of Ryan Leaf doppelganger better suited to playing football for the Backsteet Boys who own the exclusive rights to the umpteenth pick than to be that heir apparent at QB for the Rams. What's more, I'm becoming convinced that Ndamukong Suh is some sort of vastly overrated half chimpanzee half Godzilla half defensive tackle who will eventually realise his genetic faux pas, peel a banana, smash a few buildings, and flop out of the league.

Either way, we're screwed.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Ever since the end of the season, ive been saying that pretty much anyone we draft il be fine with. We need help everywhere, and we need to improve the talent level on the team. I trust the front office to pick the right players. I cant criticise because im not an NFL scout.

The only thing i dont want is for the team to take someone with character issues, but i think we have seen in the past that the DeSpags regime doesnt do that.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

it has begun to look more like the run up to a political election where each side seems more interested in starting a smear campaign against the opposition rather than going into what their own candidate can (or can`t )do.

that happens every year it seems..tho glad i am not the only one whose noticed it.

another thing i would like to say to the Ram Nation is..if whoever you have been campaigning for is not the pick...support the other guy..either one is gonna need to adjust to the NFL..Bradford will throw some picks and Suh will get stonewalled from time to time..dont start calling any of them a bust in season one..support our rookies..you being able to say"we shouldnt have drafted him" is not gonna get you a GM job..and doing it where the rookie could hear it is only gonna hinder the player and the Rams...rookies need our support..be a true fan and give it,whoever it is!

abram86 is offline Registered User

I think we should trade down from number one and get an extra 2nd round and any extra picks and take another QB like Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen but just dont draft Tim Tebow hes too cocky. with the 2nd extra pick we can chose a RB and maybe a DT.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

im gonna rip both...GO TEBOW

jk all jk

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Bradford is Tim Couch!

Suh is Jimmy Kennedy!

McCoy is Damione Lewis!

Boooo they all suxxzzzz

Tim Tebow all da w@y!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA Gator Pride Chomp chomp!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    ..if whoever you have been campaigning for is not the pick...support the other guy..either one is gonna need to adjust to the NFL..Bradford will throw some picks and Suh will get stonewalled from time to time..dont start calling any of them a bust in season one..support our rookies..you being able to say"we shouldnt have drafted him" is not gonna get you a GM job..and doing it where the rookie could hear it is only gonna hinder the player and the Rams...rookies need our support..be a true fan and give it,whoever it is!
    Hear Hear, though it will inevitably happen. Joe Pickshisnose will come on here and call Suh/Bradford a bust because he had a rough game and didn't throw 4 touchdowns and 400 yards because that is just the way it is. The more talked about a prospect is the mroe ridiculous assumptions and expectations people get. I just hope we don't get a situation in the dome where people do that crap because that will truly get me pissed off and isn't helping anyone, in fact, could very well be damaging the rookie and his confidence. Give a guy a chance people and remember that the NFL is the top stage and that coming from college to the NFL is a significant jump where every guy is just about at his peak physical conditioning.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Is McCoy even in the discussion still? I don't read of him mentioned much anymore as true competition for Suh's spot as the #1 DT. Don't really know why.

I'd be perfectly fine with either guy. If Rams leadership thinks they are the best option, I have 100% confidence in their decision making process. Can't say I felt that way 2 years ago!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Is McCoy even in the discussion still? I don't read of him mentioned much anymore as true competition for Suh's spot as the #1 DT. Don't really know why.
    I agree with you. While there are a few media-types who have pushed the notion that McCoy will jump Suh as the top defensive prospect, I've heard nothing from Devaney or Spagnuolo to that effect. It would certainly surprise me if the Rams went with McCoy as the top pick.

That said, if Spags and Devaney think he's the best choice, I'll accept that and hope they prove to be right.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Eventually, each of us will have to decide who we favor: Bradford or Suh/G.McCoy. We can only take one of these guys, and a choice will have to be made.

If you find yourself in the Suh/.G.McCoy camp, that's fine. They are Blue Chip prospects at a premium position.

If you decide that Bradford is the way to go, that's also fine. He is the concensus top QB in this draft.

But, whoever you choose, don't make your point by needlessly tearing down the other player(s). I'm starting to see this on other boards... posters who support Suh/G.McCoy with over the top critiques of Bradford that make him sound like the second coming of Ryan Leaf... Bradford fans who are trying to convince everyone that Suh/G.McCoy are overrated players with high bust potential.

Don't be that guy.

These are all solid prospects and one can make a reasonable argument for any one of them (even G.McCoy - though I personally see Suh as vastly superior).

This is NOT and easy decision. Even if it makes you feel better to argue that it is... it isn't.

Seriously... don't be that guy.
    Ohh whatever do you mean Mr. Avenger?

I agree 100% lets hope that the Rams make the best choice that will once again make the Rams competitive in the division.

Go Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That said, if Spags and Devaney think he's the best choice, I'll accept that and hope they prove to be right.
    I agree completely. If they like a guy, I'm going with the theory he fits the system better than the alternative. It's easy to say Suh is better than McCoy but if he doesn't fit the system, he isn't better.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

You know what would be funny? If the Rams didn't pick any of the players we are discussing... HAHA... Like what if the Rams picked Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, or Russell Okung? I would keel over with laughter. This forum would explode!!!
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

No matter who they pick with the 1 I will be behind the team.

I just hope we will begin winning some games soon! And I really think the current management and coaching staff can get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast