AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Don't Turn Off Your TV After Pick #35

I think it would be a mistake to assume that the Rams will be done for the day after they make their second round pick (#35 overall) on Saturday. In fact, I'd place good odds on the Rams trying to move up to get a second pick in Round 2.

According to the Trade Value Chart, a package of the Rams 3rd Round pick (#66) and their 4th round pick (#103) would be sufficient to move up to pick number 55 or 56 in Round 2. A package of their 3rd round pick and 5th Round pick would be equivalent to obtain pick number 61 or 62.

If the Rams have their eyes set on a guy who is still there around the 50th pick, they will likely start working the phones. I think a lot of teams would be happy to get an extra selection, so there could be a number of takers.

Don't touch that dial!

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Re: Don't Turn Off Your TV After Pick #35

My gut feeling is that we'll attempt to package a deal to move back into the end of the first round if Lauranaitus is still available. Both Detroit and New England will probably beat him to us in round two so if we really want him then Devaney will trade up.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well i wont turn off the coverage of the draft anyway..

but with so many needs i think trade downs are more likely than trades up..
    with us picking early in every round (until the 5th & 6th)..there is likely to be a prospect available who is valued at a round earlier than when we pick with the 2nd,3rd & 4th round picks..

if we were to trade up this year i hope its with picks from next year (aslong as its not with picks from the first two rounds )...we look set to have a better cap space during next off-season,so we could draft heavily this year and then get agressive during F.A next year to fill whatever long term holes havent been filled this year...keep the 1st atleast from next year...can never understand why teams ,especially poor ones give their 1st up..San Fran recently made that mistake..hope we never do.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SWFCRAM View Post
    My gut feeling is that we'll attempt to package a deal to move back into the end of the first round if Lauranaitus is still available. Both Detroit and New England will probably beat him to us in round two so if we really want him then Devaney will trade up.

that is the one that should we not draft Curry seems most likely happening i agree...well most likely of Billy D being interested enough to make an offer,if a team takes the bait is anyone matter..

richtree is offline Registered User

I am not so sure about this.

Detroit will try to protect Stafford with OL help. New england may go LB but there should be a few available and they also need help filling in some gaps older players have left.

So I think we will be ok.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

This sounds silly, but I hope we don't trade our 3rd rounder because I like having Saturday night to analyze who all the prospects who slipped were and trying to figure out who the Rams are going to take with the 2nd pick the next day.

Last year I thought (and was hoping) the Rams would take MLB Dan Connor at the top of the 3rd. Haven't followed him so not sure whether that would have been a wise choice.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This sounds like a good possibility to me, and I'm all for it. Because I know we can't really go wrong with the #2 pick, I'll probably be more anxious about what happens at the end of the first round. I really want to see us get Laurinaitis.