Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Dorsey Bandwagon

Before every sportswriter in the nation jumps aboard, I figured it best to provide a complete history of the Bandwagon, so that our regular visitors can decide for themselves whether or not they actually want to be on it.

The Bandwagon was invented by one Doctor John Bandwagon, back in the days of the Dinosaur. He'd create said Bandwagon by dressing up in a dinosaur's costume, with the ultimate aim of seducing and sedating the beasts to use their hide to fashion into what has become the Bandwagon we know today.

Having obtained said hide, he would then reportedly wrap it around him, set it alight, and roll in as much poo as he could, until it stuck to the hide. This was the process of creating the Bandwagon.

Unfortunately, Doctor Bandwagon died sometime in the 1400s due to what is commonly known as "Bandwagon's disorder". This is the unfortunate condition wherein the contaminated has had the hide to roll in so much crap that it eventually explodes from every concievable orifice, to the point wherein the infected person's mere presence is enough to contaminate the general population. As it turns out, crap is highly contageous.

Doctor Bandwagon, in the present time, is cited to have been the principal influence upon many idioms of pop culture. Apparently, wearing your stiff brimmmed cap to the side whilst the sticker remains on the hat was a trademark of his back in the day. He also cultivated Global Warming in a jar in his basement whilst working as a missionary during the Phillipean Civil War, and has principal writing credits on songs by the B 52's.

Now... do you really want to be on that bandwagon?

Oh, he also died a virgin.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -04-24-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: The Dorsey Bandwagon

Ah, if only I could rep

I find myself being drawn into the hoopla surrounding Dorsey at the present time but only insofar as I would'nt be too unhappy with either Dorsey or Long. I think both would have productive careers, if not necessarily spectacular.

The round that will attract most of my attention is actually the second, because its there that I think we can make a real difference to the team with a good pick.

My own preference would be for a linebacker in the second with a receiver/OL in the 3rd/4th, and I think we can get some value for our picks here is we don't reach too far.

Ramer Guest

I don't like rolling around in crap, I'm not jumping on that bandwagon! lol

onslaught11 Guest

Has Dorsey injury question been resolved? A month ago there were questions about his injuries. I don't think it has ever been addressed just put on the back burner. I think it has to be a great Public Relation job by his agent.

He is the great and powerful Dorsey of Oz; just don't look behind that curtain.
    Last edited by onslaught11; -04-24-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: The P and the R stands for Public relation

Tony Soprano Guest

Dorsey might turn out to be a player - but a lot of people are stating
    he's a NoseTackle and other things.

He's an under-tackle - not a Nosetackle. Carriker is best suited for
    the same position - under tackle.

And Dorsey's stats make me wonder if he's much of a pass rusher:

Wroten played the exact same position - in the same exact defense.

In their LSU careers:

Wroten - 12 sacks and 34 quarterback pressures.

Dorsey - 13.0 sacks and 7 quarterback pressures.

Wroten had one NFL sack last year.

I think teams talking Dorsey are looking for him to be disruptive in the running game with a quick
    initial move - breaking up the timing of the running play.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -04-24-2008 at 10:09 AM.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Dorsey has been considered the best defensive player in the draft for a very long time. The real bandwagon here is the C. Long bandwagon, and most everyone here seems to have jumped on it.
    I concede that C. Long is probably the safest pick, but I'm not at all convinced that he's necessarily the best pick.
    I think the addition of Dorsey will help our pass rush and we could also pick up a DE like Jackson, Groves or Avril.
    I'm OK with Dorsey if we do end up taking him.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    Dorsey has been considered the best defensive player in the draft for a very long time. The real bandwagon here is the C. Long bandwagon, and most everyone here seems to have jumped on it.
    I concede that C. Long is probably the safest pick, but I'm not at all convinced that he's necessarily the best pick.
    I think the addition of Dorsey will help our pass rush and we could also pick up a DE like Jackson, Groves or Avril.
    You do have a good point. I do not see teams trying to move up to select Long. Dorsey has the potential to be a dominate player and he seems to have the right attitude.

Tony if your trying to evaluate a Defensive Tackles talent do not look at the stats. The stats for Defensive Tackles often are misleading. The best way for a fan to evaluate a DT is ask a couple of questions.

Was the run D on the team he played for good or very good?

Did the DT command double or triple teams and still make plays and got pressure on the QB.

If the question is yes, yes, yes, what more do you need other than the character/leadership qualities......

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    Does someone have a broken funny bone?

I was just having a dig at what seems to be a plethora of sports reporters who seem to be all but certain the Rams will take Dorsey. What I'm saying, is that if they think they know anything for certain about who the rams will draft, they're full of it.

MikeB1603 is online now Registered User

Dorsey was the most dominate player in college football last year. I am confident that arguably our greatest weakness, the run defense, will within 2-3 years become a strength having Dorsey and Ryan inside with Carriker no the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1603 View Post
    Dorsey was the most dominate player in college football last year. I am confident that arguably our greatest weakness, the run defense, will within 2-3 years become a strength having Dorsey and Ryan inside with Carriker no the edge.
    This would have been a FANTASTIC argument....in 2007.

Carriker and Ryan showed much promise on the inside, turning what was a team weakness into what looks to be a solidified unit, allowing us to turn our attention to rushing the passer.

There's but one thing to do: "Let's do the time warp again!"

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1603 View Post
    Arguably is right. Granted, we only finished 20th against the run last season, but that was up from 31st the year before with the main lineup changes being Carriker and Ryan. We allowed one player to run 100 yards against us. Meanwhile, our defensive ends cumulatively managed just one sack more than Corey Chavous alone. Chavous is a safety, man, and he still got more sacks than Hall, Little, Adeyanju, Moore, or T. Johnson--all guys who rush the passer every down they play.