Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

Dorsey or McFadden

I'm not real comfortable with Chris Long on our D-Line. Sure his father is a hall of famer but I think we'll be better off getting either Glenn Dorsey or Darren McFadden

Why Dorsey?
    The guy gives it 210% each play and he can play through injuries (I know this cause I've been watching him play every year he's been at LSU). He was slowed down by a leg injury against Auburn but the man was so clutch against Bama. He never once let the leg injury get in his way. He was the only D Lineman who didn't quit on my Tigers against the evil Crimson Tide. I'm not saying this cause I'm a LSU man. I'm saying this cause Glenn Dorsey is a war machine, he will help out our defense in a HUGE way, he's a dedicated man, good to get along with, and he loves to give back to the community. I would love to see him wearing the blue and gold.

Why McFadden?
    I know, I know...We already have Steven Jackson. However, I would love to see McFadden share the carries with Action Jackson. McFadden is battle tested, he's played in the tough SEC and was Heisman runner-up 2 years in a row. My thought is, why not make our offense better? We used to have the most feared offense back in the day. Now these days our offense looks somewhat anemic. McFadden would put somewhat a spark in our offense and I would also love to see him sporting the blue and gold.

Bottom line, Glenn Dorsey and Darren McFadden are big names. Chris Long (no offense) is a no one. He's played in the weak ACC throughout his college career. I'm in love with the SEC and I would love to see a SEC player taken by us in the first round. If not I will be really disappointed. I rarely post on this board (I'm not much of a poster, I'm more of a reader). Please people! I BEG YOU! Stop with the Chris Long threads!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Dorsey or McFadden

You can't be serious i don't care what devision you are in if your playing division one college football you have to be good thats why you are there. Your argument against Chris Long is invalid give me a break the kids a beast and should be our number one pick

txramsfan is offline Registered User

McFadden. If McFadden is on the board when we go second, I think we'd be foolish not to take him.

He may be one of the most talented RB's ready for the pros that has come along in a very long time.

Rambos is offline Registered User

DE Little
    NT Ryan
    DT Dorsey
    DE Adam

I would not hate it if this was the line in 08. Grab a edge rusher later in the draft.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

All the great players come from the SEC..

U know that Tom Brady, Rancy Moss, Ray Lewis, L. Tomlinson, Brian urlacher, and etc.....

Only the best come from the SEC awright???

R U serious.... Give me the best player and field a need I will be happy. I do not care if they come from Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the SEC. Do not give me this crap that the SEC is the best and has all the best players? How many bowl games have the SEC won this year. If they're the best I would expect no losses????

bruce4life is offline Registered User

u have to go with dorsey.. his stats do not lie period... jackson when healthy is a top 5 runningback period... mcfadden maybe a great rb but we already have one

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

So you're saying Chris Long is a "no one" just because of the conference he plays in? It's not like we're talking about a player in Div. II or something.

My problem with drafting McFadden is that I just don't see it substantially improving the team. Our receivers are old, our best offensive lineman is getting old, our best defensive lineman is getting old. We may be losing a starting linebacker this off-season (B.Chillar). So we draft for one of the few positions where we have one of the league's best in his prime?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

dorsey over mcfadden ANYDAY. especially in the situation we're in...

we dont need a RB.

rammiser is offline Registered User

This isnt fantasy football where you have a couple of good offensive players at every position. WE DO NOT NEED MCFADDEN! He would not help this team in any way what so ever. Also there is no guarantees in the draft I dont care what your name is. Mcfadden could be the next Blair Thomas or the next Lawrence Phillips talent wise not character wise. So why draft another rb and try and ignore the glaring need positions? We need a DE,SS,OT,WR far more than we need a rb. So please lets not waste a pick on Mcfadden I'd rather trade down to someone who needs Mcfadden stock pile some picks and take Kenny Phillips.
    Just Fix It

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Even the thought of taking McFadden is crazy. You don't select a guy #2 overall and pay him a #2 overall salary to split time in the backfield.

60611 is offline Registered User

LSU boy, you're showing a complete lack of knowledge in your post. The SEC is the best conference because it gets the highest quantity of highly rated recruits. That doesn't mean, however, that the conference has the top player in any given year, nor that they pan out in the NFL commensurate to their high school and college play.

Let's look at the top pass rushers in the NFL this year, shall we? Of the 9 players with 12.5 sacks this year, 2 went to Troy, 1 to Idaho State, 1 to OSU, 1 to Cincinatti, and 4 are from ACC schools (1 UNC, 1 UVa, 1 NCST, 1 UMd). Which leaves a grand total of.....you guessed it....0 from the SEC. Not to mention, #2 on the list is none other than Patrick Kerney, walk on at UVa, and a player to whom Chris Long compares very favorably.

Dorsey is a great player and if he's there at #2 the Rams should seriously consider selecting him. It has nothing to do with him playing for an SEC school, however.
    Last edited by 60611; -01-08-2008 at 01:03 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 60611 View Post
    LSU boy, you're showing a complete lack of knowledge in your post. The SEC is the best conference because it gets the highest quantity of highly rated recruits. That doesn't mean, however, that the conference has the top player in any given year, nor that they pan out in the NFL commensurate to their high school and college play.

Let's look at the top pass rushers in the NFL this year, shall we? Of the 9 players with 12.5 sacks this year, 2 went to Troy, 1 to Idaho State, 1 to OSU, 1 to Cincinatti, and 4 are from ACC schools (1 UNC, 1 UVa, 1 NCST, 1 UMd). Which leaves a grand total of.....you guessed it....0 from the SEC. Not to mention, #2 on the list is none other than Patrick Kerney, walk on at UVa, and a player to whom Chris Long compares very favorably.

Dorsey is a great player and if he's there at #2 the Rams should seriously consider selecting him. It has nothing to do with him playing for an SEC school, however.
    its Dorsey or C. Long. We really cannot screw up this pick.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    Even the thought of taking McFadden is crazy. You don't select a guy #2 overall and pay him a #2 overall salary to split time in the backfield.
    I am not defending taking McFadden because I am all for taking Dorsey after tonight, but is that not essentially what the New Orleans Saints did in 2006 with Reggie Bush and then that season they went to the playoffs? Just saying, man...

Thirty-Nine is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I am not defending taking McFadden because I am all for taking Dorsey after tonight, but is that not essentially what the New Orleans Saints did in 2006 with Reggie Bush and then that season they went to the playoffs? Just saying, man...
    I am not sure that yours is the best example...

According to NFL.com, Reggie was 38th in the league this year with 581 rushing yards...95th in receiving with 417 yards...11-way tie for 68th place in scoring with 42 points...18-way tie for 47th place for touchdowns with 6...and no playoffs for the Saints

Just saying, man...

Go Rams! :r

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
    I am not sure that yours is the best example...

According to NFL.com, Reggie was 38th in the league this year with 581 rushing yards...95th in receiving with 417 yards...11-way tie for 68th place in scoring with 42 points...18-way tie for 47th place for touchdowns with 6...and no playoffs for the Saints

Just saying, man...

Go Rams! :r
    Um, if I am not mistaken, in the 2006 NFL season when BOTH Deuce and Reggie were healthy they were a formidible tandem (Combined for the second most rushing yards behind Taylor + Jones-Drew) and carried the Saints to the NFC Championship game. Where were we that year? AT HOME! I am not making a case for McFadden, but just providing a good, factual example.

Keep trying, man...
    Last edited by Bald_81; -01-08-2008 at 07:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)