Rambos is offline Registered User

Dorsey is moving up one spot on my board, after hearing four teams.

Stated he would clear their medical. Now how could we make room for him?

Option 1.

DE Little
    NT AC / Ryan
    UT Dorsey / Glover
    DE Lawrence Jackson / Hall

Option one down side is we will never know what we have in Ryan; he may be a very solid player. Had a very good rookie year with what little time he got, some say he out played AC.

Option 2

DE Little
    NT Ryan
    UT Dorsey / Glover
    DE AC / Hall

Option 2, it has been said many times that AC is not a DE in a 4/3.He does not have the quickness to be effective. But the big X factor IMO is Dorsey. If he is that wrecking ball coming up the gut; he makes Littleís job a lot easier. I donít really care where the pressure comes from; the edge or the middle as long as we have someone that can put pressure on the QB and blow up plays. Back to AC, we know he would play the run well and he will get to the QB sure he wonít be a double-digit guy. But no one here can say he wonít be solid. If Dorsey and Little are doing the damage find by me.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-27-2008 at 01:32 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Dorsey is moving up one spot on my board, after hearing four teams.

I don't think it's any secret that Dorsey is on top of my board...but it's weird.

1A - Dorsey
    1B - C Long
    1C - J Long
    2 - Gholston

I wouldn't really complain about any of them.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I donít really care where the press comes from; the edge or the middle as long as we have someone that can put press on the QB and blow up plays.
    This is brings up a good point. It seems like an eternity since we've had a consistent push up the middle. How many times have we seen a Ram defender come in relatively free off the edge, be it a blitzing linebacker, safety, or the DE, only to have the opposing QB take a couple or three steps up in the pocket while the edge rushers are steered away behind the QB? Collapsing the pocket from the middle really limits a QB's escape options and gives the edge rushers a far better opportunity to get to their man. With a big push up the middle (say Ryan and Dorsey), Carriker could possibly thrive playing DE. It is food for thought anyway. I can't help thinking back to the days when Tampa Bay's defense was in their heyday. Opposing QBs more often than not had no pocket to step up into, just ask Kurt Warner. Another thing to consider is that were Carriker to play DE, I don't think many teams would run the ball to his side ..

At this point I am not advocating that Carriker should be moved to end, but I do think that it is at least worth considering ...

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

I've said this before, and Rambos only helps my point. Little has gotten consistenly double-teamed the past couple of seasons. Dorsey got double and even triple-teamed in college, and just his presence would call for extra help which would free up Little alot more times than he's used to, which could create more possible damage. Couple that if Carriker were to shift out on some downs he could bull rush and collapse the pocket really well, if not just explode and get to the QB. Dorsey would help with a strong push up the middle and get after the QB, or just free up Little to go one on one and just get after the QB much easier. Dorsey does alot of things for our line, no matter if we have Carriker, he doesn't exactly draw double-teams or atleast the same amount Dorsey would early on based on his reputation.

Rambos is offline Registered User

MauiRam, I think you made the better point about the pocket. Little does get pushed out and QB do step up and get the pass off or the RB cuts back into the hole Little has left. Kennedy and D Lewis were not getting it done. Pickett was ok, but not a force. Good point it would be nice to have a guy get in the QB face right up the middle.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-27-2008 at 01:42 PM.