Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Draft Countdown's 1st 2010 Mock Draft

Unforunately, the Rams are picking 2nd for the third year in a row. Here's the pick and the description:

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Countdown
    2. ST. LOUIS RAMS: SAM BRADFORD, QB, OKLAHOMA

If the Rams struggle through yet another disappointing season and end up with an early draft pick there is a good chance they will look to bring in a replacement for 32-year-old quarterback Marc Bulger. There are many who felt Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford would have competed to be the #1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft had he gone pro after a redshirt sophomore season in which he won the Heisman Trophy. Instead he opted to spend another year in Norman accumulating more valuable starting experience and developing physically. Bradford doesn’t have a cannon for an arm and he still needs to spend some more time in the weight room bulking up his 6-4 frame but he is very accurate, has a quick release and is extremely smart. Scouts still have concerns about whether he is a product of the Sooners spread offense and they wonder how he will handle working under center and dealing with pressure but at this point Bradford appears destined for the Top 3 overall and some have even gone so far as to label him “The Next Peyton Manning”. The Rams also have a glaring need at wide receiver so that is another option to keep a close eye on.
    Personally, I would be thrilled if we landed Bradford. However, I don't want it to come at the expense of another horrible season. But, let's say if we managed 4-5 wins (something to build upon) while gaining valuable experience and losing a couple of close games throughout the year. Then realistically, we could still have teams like Detroit, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Oakland, and Cleveland pick higher than us and still have Bradford fall into our laps. I'm not saying I'm praying for a losing season, but that would be best case scenario if we have another top ten pick IMO. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bald_81; -09-05-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Draft Countdown's 1st 2010 Mock Draft

I wouldn't mind Bradford, but only if Bulger absolutely stinks it up. If Bulger keeps getting nailed and thrown to the ground, we have other positions to fix first.

Let's see how our WR's do this year too. If they are good, we can pass on that. Maybe get a DE to replace Little in the future, but to use in our rotation their rookie year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!