Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Draft Countdown's First 2013 NFL Mock Draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Draft Countdown's First 2013 NFL Mock Draft

With the third pick of the 2013 Draft, the Rams select...

ST. LOUIS RAMS: TAYLOR LEWAN, OT, MICHIGAN
    Over the past decade the Rams have devoted considerable resources in both the draft and free agency on offensive linemen in an effort to resolve their issues up front with little to show for it. After officially giving up on former #2 overall pick Jason Smith it may be time for St. Louis to go back to the well once again. Michigan has a long history of producing top offensive tackle prospects and Taylor Lewan will attempt to follow in the footsteps of former Wolverines such as Jumbo Elliott, Trazelle Jenkins, Jon Runyan, Jon Jansen, Maurice Williams, Jeff Backus and Jake Long. An impressive physical specimen with the prototypical dimensions that you look for in a stud blocker, Lewan is stout at the point of attack as well as very aggressive in the run game. However, like Long when he came out of college there will be some debate as to whether Lewan is best suited for the left or right side at the next level. Even if Lewan proves incapable of protecting the blindside he still offers All-Pro potential as a right tackle. With Lewan and Rodger Saffold holding down the edges the Rams will finally have a quality set of bookends capable of keeping injury-prone franchise quarterback Sam Bradford upright. At the end of the day that has to be the organizations top priority.

With the 11th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Rams use the Redskins' pick to select...

ST. LOUIS RAMS (f/WAS): ERIC REID, S, L.S.U.
    After loading up at cornerback in the early rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft it is time for the Rams to turn their attention to safety, where the cupboard is essentially bare. L.S.U. has had a defensive back chosen in the first round the past two years and the prevailing wisdom was that Tyrann “Honey Badger” Mathieu would be the guy to follow in the footsteps of Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne and extend that streak. However, while off-the-field issues have put Mathieu’s future in doubt the Bayou Bengals have another top talent waiting in the wings to pick up the slack in Eric Reid. Instinctive with prototypical size and speed, Reid boasts a well-rounded skill set and is equally capable of delivering a big hit in run support or coming away with an interception in coverage. Depending on what they do with their other first rounder St. Louis could also be in the market for an offensive tackle, a linebacker or a wide receiver.
    Full mock can be found here...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/
    mde8352gorams likes this.

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

Re: Draft Countdown's First 2013 NFL Mock Draft

It's way too early to predict draft picks but this will allow me to focus on some players whom I might enjoy seeing the Rams select. It goes without saying that I hope we are NOT using our pick at #3. Thanks for sharing Nick

Go Rams!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Draft Countdown's First 2013 NFL Mock Draft

A couple of guys from my Top 10 watch list, so I guess Scott and I are of like-mind to an extent.

That said, I think the notion of taking an OT that high depends entirely on Rodger Saffold. If he regains his rookie form and solidifies the LT spot, I'd wait until Round 2 to look at a possible upgrade at RT, while using a first round pick on a WR.
    ManofGod likes this.