Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KappaSig is offline Registered User

Draft Crabtree for my own selfish reasons.

It could just be me, but after thinking about the draft since week one, lol. I have been wanting the rams to draft a playmaker. The one thing that I missed most in the rams this season, except the jackson vs. cowboys game and a couple of avery plays was that big breakout player. When I think of us being able to draft crabtree im in hope of watching another moss or fitzgerald blossom. Except this guy could be in our uniform! Holt definitely doesn't have the same step and after watching fitzgerald dismantle the number one defense in football on the big stage, im almost convinced this is something the rams need and will fullfil my need in jumps out the chair yelling, "no he didn't!" I look at it this way. This season the defense was not bad in my opinion, because they were overworked, way too many three and outs. Plus we hardly scored. In my own selfish opinon, at least im honest why I want the rams to draft him, I want crabtree come draft day.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: Draft Crabtree for my own selfish reasons.

Seems like this topic is just manifesting into different threads! We know, We know almost everyone wants Crabtree...... Except Me !
    Defense wins super bowls, lets start building it with a first round stud !
    And then a second round stud..
    And a stud in the third round too.... I wouldn't be mad if we picked nothing but defensive players. ( as long as we pick up OL in FA )

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Seems like this topic is just manifesting into different threads! We know, We know almost everyone wants Crabtree...... Except Me !
    And a stud in the third round too.... I wouldn't be mad if we picked nothing but defensive players. ( as long as we pick up OL in FA )
    Hey! I only kinda want Crabtree. Usually I really want him on Monday, then I want Monroe on Tuesday and then Andre Smith on Wednesday, and then i read something about Jason Smith on Thursday, then Friday Curry sounds like a beast, Saturday I start thinking bout pairing Carriker with Raji, and then Sunday I think Orakapo could be a force alongside Chris. Then it repeats the next week.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

We need to go with the best possible player that will make an impact right away

Maybe thats why Im really leaning toward crabtree. I just feel him paired with avery would give us that lift we need on offense. Not only that, but a guy like that is just what bulger needs if he is ever going to get out of this rut he is in.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KappaSig View Post
    Maybe thats why Im really leaning toward crabtree. I just feel him paired with avery would give us that lift we need on offense. Not only that, but a guy like that is just what bulger needs if he is ever going to get out of this rut he is in.
    How will Crabtree stop the defenders from hitting Bulger?

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Exactly !!!!!

djdeeznutz Guest

You also need an Offense to win a SB. The right thing to say is you need a TEAM. If it only takes D to win the big one the Ravens for the past 5-6 years have had one of the best D and could not get to the big game.

The last 5 years there has been 3 WRs as superbowl MVP's and 0 Defensive players!!!!!!

Superbowl XLI between the Bears and Colt. The Bears had a defense that was 10 times better than the Colts and yet the colts won with a great offense.

Also many times bad defensive playoff teams normally turn it around in the playoffs. (see Cardinals and Colts)

Also about your drafting 3 D players with our first 3 piks wont happen. Normally new Defensive head coach that re-build teams take and Offensive playmaker.

(Tony Dungy-Peyton Manning, Tom Coughlin-Philip River (traded for eli) mike Nolan drafted Alex Smith (as a Rams fan that was a great pick), Marvin Lewis drafted Carson Palmer)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Hey! I only kinda want Crabtree. Usually I really want him on Monday, then I want Monroe on Tuesday and then Andre Smith on Wednesday, and then i read something about Jason Smith on Thursday, then Friday Curry sounds like a beast, Saturday I start thinking bout pairing Carriker with Raji, and then Sunday I think Orakapo could be a force alongside Chris. Then it repeats the next week.
    lol what he is trying to say is it is still Febuary the pro bowl (who watches that?) still has not been played and the draft is in April so why are we talking about it now.

Crabtree is not a burner like Avery. Crabtree is more a guy who breaks tackles and get the YAC (yards after catch). So if Bulger is getting preasured Shumur can always draw up a quick WR screen.

Also we cant get a 1st round caliber OT in the 2nd with Beatty
    Last edited by djdeeznutz; -02-04-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: more examples

A defense is less likely to blitz if they keep getting burned by the WR.

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

so linebackers are going to be asked to cover Crabtree? Or when you say blitz less do you just mean corners and safeties?

normally if an offense has a wide receiver your corners can't cover for long that's when you blitz more...the best pass defense is a good pass rush.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post

Crabtree is not a burner like Avery. Crabtree is more a guy who breaks tackles and get the YAC (yards after catch). So if Bulger is getting preasured Shumur can always draw up a quick WR screen.

Also we cant get a 1st round caliber OT in the 2nd with Beatty
    I question whether this team has the blocking to successfully execute a screen with any regularity.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    We need to go with the best possible player that will make an impact right away
    Can't argue with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Too funny(LOL)
    The thing is there are no clear defensive studs.
    Hey, don't forgot about the rookies from last year, they were suppose to be "solid" lines picks.

I forgot..you guys picked up John Greco last year didn't you?

Eh..If I'm St.Louis I'm still taking Monroe.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chase the Eagles Fan View Post
    so linebackers are going to be asked to cover Crabtree? Or when you say blitz less do you just mean corners and safeties?

normally if an offense has a wide receiver your corners can't cover for long that's when you blitz more...the best pass defense is a good pass rush.
    Im agreeing with KappaSig on this one. I know normally the best pass defense is a good pass rush but think about if we line up with 4 recivers (holt, avery, crabtree, burton) and S-Jax in the back.

If all the linebackers do blitz you are going to have some really good match ups:

Holt vs. #1 corner
    Avery vs. #2 corner
    Crabtree vs. SS
    Burton vs. FS

all of these men are going to be single covered and no one has S-Jax.

Another Scenerio:

If the linebackers are constantly blitzing make Holt run a deep in, Avery a go route and Crabtree go in the middle where there are no linebackers.

Basically with to speed burners (avery, Burton) 2 possestion recivers (Holt, Crabtree) and a RB that can catch (S-Jax) it will give us plenty of flexability.

We can always draft William Beatty in the 2nd and get 1st round caliber talent.

I question whether this team has the blocking to successfully execute a screen with any regularity.
    Yes they can. It will not be OT vs. DE it will be OT vs. CB or S. Alex Barron u could talk smack about the nigga all u want but he will be able to get out there on the screen and a screen pass Holt is a pretty good blocker for a WR.

If we get Beatty we dont have to force Barron to sit. Beatty could come in when Pace or Barron get injured or if Spags want to teach them a lesson and fire them up he could bench one of them. Think about it. It may motivate Barron!

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Im agreeing with KappaSig on this one. I know normally the best pass defense is a good pass rush but think about if we line up with 4 recivers (holt, avery, crabtree, burton) and S-Jax in the back.

If all the linebackers do blitz you are going to have some really good match ups:

Holt vs. #1 corner
    Avery vs. #2 corner
    Crabtree vs. SS
    Burton vs. FS

all of these men are going to be single covered and no one has S-Jax.

Another Scenerio:

If the linebackers are constantly blitzing make Holt run a deep in, Avery a go route and Crabtree go in the middle where there are no linebackers.

Basically with to speed burners (avery, Burton) 2 possestion recivers (Holt, Crabtree) and a RB that can catch (S-Jax) it will give us plenty of flexability.

We can always draft William Beatty in the 2nd and get 1st round caliber talent.

Yes they can. It will not be OT vs. DE it will be OT vs. CB or S. Alex Barron u could talk smack about the nigga all u want but he will be able to get out there on the screen and a screen pass Holt is a pretty good blocker for a WR.

If we get Beatty we dont have to force Barron to sit. Beatty could come in when Pace or Barron get injured or if Spags want to teach them a lesson and fire them up he could bench one of them. Think about it. It may motivate Barron!

there is no way Crabtree and Keenan Burton get covered by safeties...your not playing Madden againt my 5 year old daughter here...and thought it sounds great and everything there are so many other teams that just seem like they have so many offensive weapons but can never do anything...it's because those teams are thinking like you...I mean no disrespect but you don't start adding compliment players with the #2 overall pick when your supposed to be rebuilding. it's a wet dream...but when you wake up all you got is slimey underwear...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast