Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    djdeeznutz Guest

Re: Draft Crabtree for my own selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase the Eagles Fan View Post
    there is no way Crabtree and Keenan Burton get covered by safeties...your not playing Madden againt my 5 year old daughter here...and thought it sounds great and everything there are so many other teams that just seem like they have so many offensive weapons but can never do anything...it's because those teams are thinking like you...I mean no disrespect but you don't start adding compliment players with the #2 overall pick when your supposed to be rebuilding. it's a wet dream...but when you wake up all you got is slimey underwear...
    Ive never played Madden (just don't like playing video games much) so i dont know what u tryin to say. You were talking about blitzing and if they blitz vs. our best Offensive Formation (if we take Crabtree) then they will get burned.

Right now any Tackle is a reach at #2. But April is a long way away and those tackles have a chance to raise there stock over crabtree during the combine. But since it is still Febuary and the Combine has not begun Crabtree is the man.

Letz take the scenerio of Taking an OT:

Rams take Eugene Monroe (my top OT) then what do we do bench Barron right away and start Monroe while Barron will be frustrated that he lost his job to a rookie. The Pace retires the next year and we dont have th money to sign a FA and are forced to re-sign a frustraited Alex Barron?

Or the scenerio i'm pushing for:

Take Crabtree. Make him become the Slot reciever let him learn behind Holt and when Holt leaves we will have 3 WRs for a long time (avery, Crabtree, Burton)

In that draft we take Beatty in the 2nd round and make him back-up Barron. Who knows maybe that will motivate him to do better than just telling him he is benched before giving him one more chance.

Think about the marketing aspect of getting Crabtree. I know i will be getting a #15 crabtree Jersey. They can even market crabtree boble heads.

I dont know anywho will buy a OT jersey. We are a small market team! lets endorse a guy so we can get some of that Arab Money lol Busta Rhymes is sick

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Ive never played Madden (just don't like playing video games much) so i dont know what u tryin to say. You were talking about blitzing and if they blitz vs. our best Offensive Formation (if we take Crabtree) then they will get burned.
    Not if Bulger goes down within 3 seconds of "hike", which could indeed be the case if we continue to refuse to seriously upgrade the line.

Right now any Tackle is a reach at #2. But April is a long way away and those tackles have a chance to raise there stock over crabtree during the combine. But since it is still Febuary and the Combine has not begun Crabtree is the man.
    How is an O/T any more of a reach than paying the same amount of money for a slot receiver? If you want an overpaid slot guy, Bennett is still on the roster.

Letz take the scenerio of Taking an OT:

Rams take Eugene Monroe (my top OT) then what do we do bench Barron right away and start Monroe while Barron will be frustrated that he lost his job to a rookie. The Pace retires the next year and we dont have th money to sign a FA and are forced to re-sign a frustraited Alex Barron?
    So we draft an O/T next year as well. It's still better than having to take two next year when Spags gets frustrated with Barron and kicks him to the curb. I don't care if Barron gets frustrated, I and most Ram fans have been frustrated with him for his entire career.

Or the scenerio i'm pushing for:

Take Crabtree. Make him become the Slot reciever let him learn behind Holt and when Holt leaves we will have 3 WRs for a long time (avery, Crabtree, Burton)

In that draft we take Beatty in the 2nd round and make him back-up Barron. Who knows maybe that will motivate him to do better than just telling him he is benched before giving him one more chance.
    How do we know Beatty will be available then and if he has the potential of the top O/Ts? Anyway, having a bunch of wideouts is worthless when your QB is going down in 3 seconds. Ask Detroit.

Think about the marketing aspect of getting Crabtree. I know i will be getting a #15 crabtree Jersey. They can even market crabtree boble heads.
    The NFL shop allows you to customize jerseys. Perhaps you could look into that.

I dont know anywho will buy a OT jersey. We are a small market team! lets endorse a guy so we can get some of that Arab Money lol Busta Rhymes is sick
    I don't speak jive.

KappaSig is offline Registered User

Im agreeing with KappaSig on this one. I know normally the best pass defense is a good pass rush but think about if we line up with 4 recivers (holt, avery, crabtree, burton) and S-Jax in the back.
    You said what I was thinking. Think about the running room that SJ will get when the defense is spread out like that. For the last three drafts we went after D in round 1. Defense does win championships, but we have to score in order to win. With Crabtree we have a better offense and a better offense stays on the field longer and doesn't go three and out constantly. When an offense stays on the field the D gets to rest and gets back on the field with better field position. Ive brought it up before, but look what arizona's offense (which doesn't have a SJ) did to "i repeat" the number one defense in football.

Quote Originally Posted by KappaSig View Post
    You said what I was thinking. Think about the running room that SJ will get when the defense is spread out like that. For the last three drafts we went after D in round 1. Defense does win championships, but we have to score in order to win. With Crabtree we have a better offense and a better offense stays on the field longer and doesn't go three and out constantly. When an offense stays on the field the D gets to rest and gets back on the field with better field position. Ive brought it up before, but look what arizona's offense (which doesn't have a SJ) did to "i repeat" the number one defense in football.
    The Cardinals may not have a S-Jax, but they did have in Hightower and James a fairly effective two back system. They also had a better line than the Rams.

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    The Cardinals may not have a S-Jax, but they did have in Hightower and James a fairly effective two back system. They also had a better line than the Rams.

...and quarterback...

Sorry I just had to say it...I know Kurt is still a sore subject with you guys.

Weddle is offline Registered User

I'm not convinced Crabtree is the elite NFL wide-receiver he is touted to be. He appears to lack the size and speed to take on the bigger NFL defenses (ahem barring Fitty ahem). If we were talking about a late round 1, early round 2 pick I could buy into it, but we are talking pick 1.2 here guys, we need to get it right!

KappaSig is offline Registered User

If were reffering to a two back system that rushed for seventy yards, then yea, a SJ would have made a difference. All Arizona did was pass, pass, pass. Pitts D had Arizona one-sided on offense, something that is suppose to be in the D's favor.

djdeeznutz Guest

Not if Bulger goes down within 3 seconds of "hike", which could indeed be the case if we continue to refuse to seriously upgrade the line.
    it takes less than 3 seconds to do a screen pass to Crabtree. Or a quick pass to anther reciever. Think about it if they are blitzing there is one vs. one coverage on our guys and Bulger could get the accurate pass of his out of there.

And im was never agaisnt getting an OT in the 2nd.

How is an O/T any more of a reach than paying the same amount of money for a slot receiver? If you want an overpaid slot guy, Bennett is still on the roster.
    Well Bennet could have been great but injuries slowed him down. ANd with crabtree either him or Holt is leaving.

So we draft an O/T next year as well. It's still better than having to take two next year when Spags gets frustrated with Barron and kicks him to the curb. I don't care if Barron gets frustrated, I and most Ram fans have been frustrated with him for his entire career.
    Eventhough he still leads the team in penalties, his # of penalties has decreased with our OL coach and he is back this year too so i wont be surprised if Barron has a solid season.

(always forget our OL coaches name lol)

How do we know Beatty will be available then and if he has the potential of the top O/Ts? Anyway, having a bunch of wideouts is worthless when your QB is going down in 3 seconds. Ask Detroit.
    i will ask Detriot and itz fans and u know what i will get as an answer. "we had no WR"

Last year they had a good offensive team (there defense pushed them to 0-16) WIth Roy Will and CJ and Furrey they had a good Offense they never had the running game or a D.

The NFL shop allows you to customize jerseys. Perhaps you could look into that.
    WoW thanks for the increadably bad idea. Let me go out and pay like $100 to get a #15 Rams Crabtree jersey and see him beating a Rams CB while playing for the Seahawks. Think before you write. That was an increadably bad idea.

I don't speak jive.
    Maybe you should learn. And Arab Money is song by Busta itz good hit it up on you tube.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

WoW thanks for the increadably bad idea. Let me go out and pay like $100 to get a #15 Rams Crabtree jersey and see him beating a Rams CB while playing for the Seahawks. Think before you write. That was an increadably bad idea.
    So you're admitting that the Rams will never pick Crabtree?

I don't see how people try to neglect the fact that our o-line is in horrible shape, and instead say "we can always do short passes and screens."

What a horrible idea.

Look at this season. Most of our plays have been "short, quick" passes, and do they do anywhere? NO. And if we keep on calling these same plays OVER and OVER, the defense will eventually figure it out.

Face it. Our o-line is in terrible condition. Barron will most likely not "unlock" his hidden potential. I'm sick and tired of people sasying, oh, he has tons of potential, his penalties are going down. I don't care. It's been almost 4 years, and this guy hasn't stepped up onto the plate and showed us he can be a starter.

Incognito will most likely be gone, but Greco will have to do a lot learning during the off-season to be a solid starter.

Our center position is out of shape. We have a solid back-up in Romberg, but no clear-cut starter. It's time we find one.

Jacob Bell should be gaining back some weight this off-season. He was a nice player back in Tennessee.

Pace is getting old. He's getting slower, and more injury prone. It's time to get a new replacement in the next year or so. Barron is definitely NOT the left tackle replacement.

Sure Crabtree will be a sexy pick, but face it. This guy will not even get the ball much with our current o-line protection Bulger. Crabtree is not a superhuman player that y'all make him out to be.

Now let's remember. A big part of why our offense looked so bad was our o-line. But another part is the personnel. Saunders didn't know how to utilize our talents. We had a big time catcher in Fells. Plus, we had guys injured. McMichael was a big part of our offense till got injured. Bennett is a big target for Bulger. Brian Leonard has versatility. Jackson was injured for 4-5 games.

I also think that Curry wil be a far more greater pick than Crabtree.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -02-05-2009 at 07:20 PM.

it takes less than 3 seconds to do a screen pass to Crabtree. Or a quick pass to anther reciever. Think about it if they are blitzing there is one vs. one coverage on our guys and Bulger could get the accurate pass of his out of there.

And im was never agaisnt getting an OT in the 2nd.
    But is there quality available in the 2nd? I'm not sure that there are any exceptionally good OTs available that late. The Rams have a golden opportunity to secure a very good OT for the long term, which enables the team to better protect the QB.

Anywho...screens do take some time to develop the blocking pattern for.

Well Bennet could have been great but injuries slowed him down. ANd with crabtree either him or Holt is leaving.
    Is it 100% certain that either will be leaving the franchise right now? I think not. And even if they do, the Rams still have fine recievers in Avery and Burton.

Eventhough he still leads the team in penalties, his # of penalties has decreased with our OL coach and he is back this year too so i wont be surprised if Barron has a solid season.

(always forget our OL coaches name lol)
    *slow clap*

Bravo, Alex. However, I don't want you forgetting the snap count or your assignment less often. I want you to stop forgetting both PERIOD. Less often is still far too often in my book.

The knock on Barron coming out of FSU was that he has no work ethic. I have seen nothing out of him since the Rams drafted him to disprove that claim. He may be on the roster in 2009, but he will most certainly be gone in 2010. How good are the OT prospects next year? Conversely, I know there are good reciever prospects next year.

i will ask Detriot and itz fans and u know what i will get as an answer. "we had no WR"

Last year they had a good offensive team (there defense pushed them to 0-16) WIth Roy Will and CJ and Furrey they had a good Offense they never had the running game or a D.

Millen regime 1st round picks.

2001: Jeff Backus, tackle
    2002: Joey Harrington, QB
    2003: Charles Rodgers, WR
    2004: Roy Williams, WR, Kevin Jones, RB
    2005: Mike Williams, WR
    2006: Ernie Sims, LB
    2007: Calvin Johnson, WR
    2008: Gosder Cherilus, tackle.

Cumulative Millen era record: 31-84 (Lions also lost 13 straight following his dismissal.)

Clearly pigging out on receivers doesn't automatically aid the QBs or bring wins. Certainly Detroit didn't lack for recievers.

How is it an incredibly bad idea? You're giving the Rams more money this way. I thought you wanted to do that.

More importantly, Crabtree jerseys won't magically show up on store shelves outside of metro St. Louis just because the Rams drafted him. A demand (or at least, a percieved demand) must exist for them to stock. The absence of Ram jerseys in non-St. Louis stores, (from my personal experience) indicates that there just isn't a demand to wear any Rams jersey, let alone that of an unproven rookie.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    So you're admitting that the Rams will never pick Crabtree?
    No!

I don't see how people try to neglect the fact that our o-line is in horrible shape, and instead say "we can always do short passes and screens."

What a horrible idea.

Look at this season. Most of our plays have been "short, quick" passes, and do they do anywhere? NO.

Face it. Our o-line is in terrible condition. Barron will most likely not "unlock" his hidden potential. It's been almost 4 years, and this guy hasn't stepped up onto the plate and showed us he can be a starter.

Incognito will most likely be gone, but Greco will have to do a lot learning during the off-season to be a solid starter.

Our center position is out of shape. We have a solid back-up in Romberg, but no clear-cut starter. It's time we find one.

Jacob Bell should be gaining back some weight this off-season. He was a nice player back in Tennessee.

Pace is getting old. He's getting slower, and more injury prone. It's time to get a new replacement in the next year or so. Barron is definitely NOT the left tackle replacement.
    i havnt heard many people say that we should go for screen passes. I thought i was tha only one but i guess great minds think alike. The thing you said about doing it over and over will help the Rams draw up different plays. And the line wont be that bad!!!!!!! greco will start instead of that retard (incognito) and we will hopfully get a new Center. (thats where most of the problem was)

Anyway u look at it 3 OL positions are set. LT (Pace), LG (bell), RG (greco).

i think we will pick up a center in FA like a Matt Birk on a 2 year contract until we can draft another.

RT: If we do draft a OT with the 2nd pick we are commiting a reach and we will then be forced to put Barron's contract on the bench. If we take one in the 2nd round (Beatty, Loadholt, or Kropog) that guy could start on the bench lear from pace and motivate Barron into playing better or else he will be benched.

Sure Crabtree will be a sexy pick, but face it. This guy will not even get the ball much with our current o-line protection Bulger. Crabtree is not a superhuman player that y'all make him out to be.

Now let's remember. A big part of why our offense looked so bad was our o-line. But another part is the personnel. Saunders didn't know how to utilize our talents. We had a big time catcher in Fells. Plus, we had guys injured. McMichael was a big part of our offense till got injured. Bennett is a big target for Bulger. Brian Leonard has versatility. Jackson was injured for 4-5 games.

I also think that Curry wil be a far more greater pick than Crabtree.

Dawg are u kidding me?

Last year our playbook ran around Action Jackson. Cuz we only had one playmaker on the whole Offense. Crabtree gets us another playmaker. Okay he is not superhuman no one is saying that. The guy is a possetion reciver that will get the 1st down on 3rd tries. Holt and Avery are not treats in the red zone cuz they lack size and Bennet will just drop the ball. That where we can use Crabtree.

I said it about 100 times now and i will repeat it for the 101st time:

Letz say Crabtree slips from us and goes to the seahawks. Then we will have to face a playmaker WR 4 times a season (Fitz with tha cards). What if Bartell takes a play off (rest) then are we just going to let them beat us?

This year the Cardinals were horrible outside the division. THey won one more game than the Rams outside the division. The Cards were 3-7 outside tha division. In the division they were undefeated (6-0). This just proves how important division games are.

In the history new defensive head coaches go for offense early and often cuz they think they can sure up the D so they go with there weakness in the draft.

Tony Dungy-offense early and often (sorry bout that i put Peyton Manning)
    Mike Nolan- Alex Smith (as a Rams fan great pick)
    Marvin Lewis- Carson Palmer
    Tom Coughlin- Philip Rivers (traded for Eli)
    Last edited by djdeeznutz; -02-05-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: wrong info

Dungy didn't draft Manning.

djdeeznutz Guest

But is there quality available in the 2nd? I'm not sure that there are any exceptionally good OTs available that late. The Rams have a golden opportunity to secure a very good OT for the long term, which enables the team to better protect the QB.

Anywho...screens do take some time to develop the blocking pattern for.
    This years draft does not have the elite Takles like last year (chis long and Ryan Clady) But this year's draft is very deep in OT so he can pick up a 4-star talent OT in the 2nd round like a beatty or Loadholt or Kropog (sp the guy out of Tulane)

Is it 100% certain that either will be leaving the franchise right now? I think not. And even if they do, the Rams still have fine recievers in Avery and Burton.
    nothing is 100% now these are called predictions. Predictions are guesses about what people think is going to happen. It is not 100% that we are taking an OT

it aint 100% that we are keeping the 2nd pick

it aint 100% that we will sign Bartell and Otogwe (but itz pretty close to 100%)

*slow clap*
    u think your funny? well letz just give that a quiet lagh

Bravo, Alex. However, I don't want you forgetting the snap count or your assignment less often.

The knock on Barron coming out of FSU was that he has no work ethic. I have seen nothing out of him since the Rams drafted him to disprove that claim. He may be on the roster in 2009, but he will most certainly be gone in 2010. How good are the OT prospects next year? Conversely, I know there are good reciever prospects next year.
    Some Spags disipline will help the kid. He did not have a bad year he had an okay year.

Next year's draft has 1 elite QB (sam Bradford)

1 elite OT (Brian Bulaga OT iowa)

not an elite WR but Okay types (Benn sophmore at illinois is the best)

That draft will have one of the biggest let me stress the word BIGGEST a little more. It has the BIGGEST selection of great defensive player most on the D-line. And really good Safties.

Millen regime 1st round picks.

2001: Jeff Backus, tackle
    2002: Joey Harrington, QB
    2003: Charles Rodgers, WR
    2004: Roy Williams, WR, Kevin Jones, RB
    2005: Mike Williams, WR
    2006: Ernie Sims, LB
    2007: Calvin Johnson, WR
    2008: Gosder Cherilus, tackle.

Cumulative Millen era record: 31-84 (Lions also lost 13 straight following his dismissal.)

Clearly pigging out on receivers doesn't automatically aid the QBs or bring wins. Certainly Detroit didn't lack for recievers.
    u probably think i am an idiot. I meant to say the Lions dont have a QB. They got the recivers they need a QB. Jon Kitna just needs to open mouth n.... u know the rest (insert foot) pretty old catchphrase.

How is it an incredibly bad idea? You're giving the Rams more money this way. I thought you wanted to do that.

More importantly, Crabtree jerseys won't magically show up on store shelves outside of metro St. Louis just because the Rams drafted him. A demand (or at least, a percieved demand) must exist for them to stock. The absence of Ram jerseys in non-St. Louis stores, (from my personal experience) indicates that there just isn't a demand to wear any Rams jersey, let alone that of an unproven rookie.
    I live in New Jersey and in August of 2007 i saw Calvin Johnson Jersey's at a local Macy's store and Bob's store.

Yea i would like to give money to the Rams but not promote a seahawk while doing it.

Weddle is offline Registered User

In an effort to understand the hype around Crabtree I've done a little research into quite what he's all about, and profiled him on my Rams Blog trying to discuss quite why the Rams would draft him. Hopefully this will be the first of several player profiles I'll put together.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

*slow clap*

Bravo, Alex. However, I don't want you forgetting the snap count or your assignment less often. I want you to stop forgetting both PERIOD. Less often is still far too often in my book.
    Zing!

Add to that list most sacks allowed by a Rams starter the last season- tied with Incognito at 8, from memory. Barron just wins over Cogs on penalties. At least we know what they're good at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12