Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Draft Curry!!! Draft Curry!! Draft Curry!!

Forget a tackle keep Pace and draft Curry number 1 and Hakeem Nicks number2.

Just Fix It

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Forget a tackle keep Pace and draft Curry number 1 and Hakeem Nicks number2.
    Why don't we just shorten S-Jax and Bulger's life expectancy while we are at it.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Why don't we just shorten S-Jax and Bulger's life expectancy while we are at it.
    I'm still not sure Pace is entirely washed up. He was healthy this year, and he showed flashes of his old self. I would be willing to keep Pace this year and draft Curry. And then take the BPA in the second too. And that very well could be Nicks. I know its not the same BIG O, but I still think he can be just as good of a lineman as a rookie, even a number 2 overall.

But hey, maybe I'm holding on to past memories, if Billy D doesn't think O can go, then I'll be OK. I still have a great amount of faith in Billy.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If somehow we are convinced that William Beatty will be there when we pick in the second round, I say we go for Curry. But there's not too much tackles that could be starters from day one in the second round.

Troy Kropog and Fenuki Tupou are options in the second round, but I think that they won't be able to come in and start from day one. It will take some time for them to develop, but I think they could be pretty decent tackles.

As for Hakeem Nicks, I would rather grab Kenny Britt, or Heyward-Bey instead. Heyward-Bey impressed me at the combine, with his 6-2 210lb frame running a 4.30 40 yard dash.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    If somehow we are convinced that William Beatty will be there when we pick in the second round, I say we go for Curry. But there's not too much tackles that could be starters from day one in the second round.

Troy Kropog and Fenuki Tupou are options in the second round, but I think that they won't be able to come in and start from day one. It will take some time for them to develop, but I think they could be pretty decent tackles.
    I see both Kropog and Tupou (especially Tupou) as late second-early third guys. If we keep Pace and Kropog is impressive enough in interviews, he might get a long look if Beatty is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    As for Hakeem Nicks, I would rather grab Kenny Britt, or Heyward-Bey instead. Heyward-Bey impressed me at the combine, with his 6-2 210lb frame running a 4.30 40 yard dash.
    I like Nicks. He had a good workout and has a nice combination of size and speed. I think he'll be a Giant at #29. I have an unnatural bias against Kenny Britt, I don't know what it is, but something really irks me in the same way James Hardy gave me headaches last year.

DHB will be long gone. If he falls and we take an OT, The Rams should definitely look into moving on up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I have an unnatural bias against Kenny Britt, I don't know what it is, but something really irks me in the same way James Hardy gave me headaches last year.

Maybe it was because of Richtree's constant "we have to draft Kenny Britt he's better than Michael Crabtree and will dominate in the NFL" posts.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -02-28-2009 at 01:20 AM.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Maybe it was because of Richtree's constant "we have to draft Kenny Britt he's better than Michael Crabtree and will dominate in the NFL" posts.
    yup thats what did it for me,

What about Ramses Barden in the later rounds? Where is he projected to go? His size is RIDICULOUS. Perfect compliment to Avery, assuming he can catch of course

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    yup thats what did it for me,

What about Ramses Barden in the later rounds? Where is he projected to go? His size is RIDICULOUS. Perfect compliment to Avery, assuming he can catch of course
    I really like Barden's size, and I think he could be a pretty solid possession receiver for us, to compliment Avery's speed.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm no where near convinced that Beatty is there in the second round. He was a borderline first round pick as it was, and then looked very impressive during the combine IMO. I think he's worked his way into a solid first round grade.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I think he's a solid third round prospect right now that could sneak into the late second round.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Untill he's drafted, I will be using alot of Curry until the draft lol.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Definitely, in agreement...draft Curry. It appears that Detroit may be wanting him as well, which leaves us with an OL like Smith or Monroe. Curry is that rare elite defensive player that comes along and if you have a chance to grab him, YOU DO IT!

Go Rams!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I have no problem with drafting Curry, my problem is going with a WR in the second instead of an OT. I think a guy like Jamon Meredith will be our best option

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

I dont think anyone has brought this WR up yet. Patrick turner. Im not sure where he is projected actually. I thought he looked smooth at the combine with some decent hands and the guy is just tall. I really liked him at USC and thought he would stay another year n work on his draft status. He couldve been a first rounder if he came out next year,hes so tall. I think he could pluck balls out of the air cuz hes goin to be over the top of everyone. Kinda like fitz, but im not saying hes goin to be that good. Ive just seen him pluck some balls out of the air at SC. I didn't see him on mocks so nobody likes him i guess.

Ramses Barden is big too.

mainly i just want the rams to get curry/monroe/smith n not get caught up in the crabtree hype

TKnight39 is offline Registered User

Anyone have an idea who the Rams are actually leaning towards???

*crosses fingers hoping it's Curry*

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    Not really. I've said before we should get the best skill player in the draft round 1, OL in round 2, and linebacker round 3. Ideally it would have gone as Crabtree round 1, OT/C whoever falls at round 2, and Marcus Freeman round 3, but it looks like Freeman will definitely get drafted in the 2nd round now.
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

Right now Aaron Curry is the best skill player in the draft. Because Crabtree did not do anything in the Combine and Curry just wowed everyone.

However i think we should get an OT in the 1st round like Jason Smith and make him play RT. Then we would have a great Line for years with Jason Brown and John Grecco (RG) and Jacob Bell (he did not have a good Center last year.)

Then in the 2nd round we take our LB or a NT like Evander Hood. If all of these 3 LBs are taken (James Laurinitis MLB, Clint Sintim SLB, or Clay Mathews SLB) then we should take Evander Hood who is a NT that can collapse the pocket and has a non-stop motor.

Then either we take a MLB here or we wait till the 5th and take Jasper Brinkley who is 6-2 275 pounds. However he is injury prone.

But i just think we should pick up Napoleon Harris in FA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast