Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LongBlood is offline Registered User

Re: Draft Curry!!! Draft Curry!! Draft Curry!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

Right now Aaron Curry is the best skill player in the draft. Because Crabtree did not do anything in the Combine and Curry just wowed everyone.

However i think we should get an OT in the 1st round like Jason Smith and make him play RT. Then we would have a great Line for years with Jason Brown and John Grecco (RG) and Jacob Bell (he did not have a good Center last year.)
    Skill player meaning QB, RB, WR. Bulger's contract forces us to look away from QB, besides next yrs draft is expected to be a strong QB class unlike this years. Bulger has been horrible since signing the 6-yr 65 mill contract 2 yrs ago, and as such we ought to give him an additional weapon and see how he fares. We've helped the line a bit, by signing Jason Brown, but we really need to evaluate if we are going to keep Bulger around long term IMO, and for that reason I favor the Crabtree pick. Don't get me wrong, I've been nothing but impressed by Curry, however it has been stated numerious times by Nick I believe that drafting a LB that high is pretty much a no-no. If Crabtree is gone, will I have a problem with the Rams selecting Curry? Hell no! I think he'll be the BPA right there. As it is, all the tackles have had some knocks on them, and I simply can't justify taking one of them in the top 2 personally, given the fact that at WR, we have Holt and Avery, and pretty much no real depth at the WR position. Plus we have helped the line a bit with free agency, then when you also factor in that eight teams selected OT in the first round last yr. Plus when will the Rams EVER be in a position again to select a 2x Biltnikoff/All-American WR that has that much good/great tape on him? Plain and simply, I just can't justify passing him up.

Then in the 2nd round we take our LB or a NT like Evander Hood. If all of these 3 LBs are taken (James Laurinitis MLB, Clint Sintim SLB, or Clay Mathews SLB) then we should take Evander Hood who is a NT that can collapse the pocket and has a non-stop motor.

Then either we take a MLB here or we wait till the 5th and take Jasper Brinkley who is 6-2 275 pounds. However he is injury prone.
    I haven't been able to put my finger on it yet, but I'm not really sold on Laurinitis. And as far as a NT and Hood goes, then we should make the switch to 3-4. Do you see that happening though? And for the record I'm completely fine with drafting an injury prone guy late that has upside vs an average at best player that prob. won't even make the team. But anyhow, the Rams defense has too many holes, so by going WR first, ideally we could start winning some time of possesion battles. This is still going to be a 2-3 project no matter which way we go.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TKnight39 View Post
    Anyone have an idea who the Rams are actually leaning towards???

*crosses fingers hoping it's Curry*
    This is what Jim Thomas had to say in his chat last week: "That's why if you put a gun to my head and said, OK, who would the Rams take right now _ on Feb. 24 _ I'd say Monroe."

Right now Aaron Curry is the best skill player in the draft.
    Linebackers are not classified as skill position players (which I assume is what you meant). QBs, RBs, and WRs are.

Then in the 2nd round we take our LB or a NT like Evander Hood. If all of these 3 LBs are taken (James Laurinitis MLB, Clint Sintim SLB, or Clay Mathews SLB) then we should take Evander Hood who is a NT that can collapse the pocket and has a non-stop motor.
    What makes you view Hood as a nose tackle? He strikes me as more of a penetrator than a guy with the strength and leverage skills to two-gap and hold the point of attack.

Battering_RAMS is offline Registered User

I'm all for Curry but what position will he play? Will we move Witherspoon back to OLB and Curry in the middle or leave Spoon in the middle. Or do you think we will draft a starting caliber MLB?

TKnight39 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Battering_RAMS View Post
    I'm all for Curry but what position will he play? Will we move Witherspoon back to OLB and Curry in the middle or leave Spoon in the middle. Or do you think we will draft a starting caliber MLB?

I figured Witherspoon would move back to WLB while Curry would be MLB.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Thomas is saying Monroe, Gordo is saying Curry, who knows right now what little bug the front office put into Bernie, HowardB, and Burwell. My advice to everyone right now? Chill. It's going to be in April anyway you look at it. Enjoy college hoops. Read a book. Improve on your origami skills. Take up a hobby. Something besides speculating every day on who the Rams may take.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Thomas is saying Monroe, Gordo is saying Curry, who knows right now what little bug the front office put into Bernie, HowardB, and Burwell. My advice to everyone right now? Chill. It's going to be in April anyway you look at it. Enjoy college hoops. Read a book. Improve on your origami skills. Take up a hobby. Something besides speculating every day on who the Rams may take.

Good Advice...this is exhausting. Maybe it's time to check on my investment portfolio....nah, that's depressing. OK, I'll open a bank....whoa, that's scary. So TX, who do you thinnk the Rams will draft in round 1?

Go Rams!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tx
    Take up a hobby.
    That's what we're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by punahou
    Any 300 lb person should be putting up 20 reps of 225 without ever training.
    Such as Orlando Pace who only did 19. I bet that Pace guy will never amount to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    So many factual errors, I'm not even sure where to begin here...
    What are you saying, Nick; that Stan Thomas is NOT a good Tackle?
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123