AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

A Draft Day Trade I Would Love To See

Okay, draft trade speculation is generally a waste of time, but here's one that I would make if I were the Rams.

Rams trade their first two picks (19, 50) to the Eagles for their first two picks (31, 35).

Value-wise, I think that's a fair trade. What it would accomplish for the Rams is the ability to address their two big needs, rather than addressing one at 19 and then hoping a suitable player falls to pick #50.

For example, with these two picks, the Rams could probably get Adam Terry and Brodney Pool. Or, perhaps, Khalif Barnes (if he falls to 31) and Josh Bullocks.

If, by pick 17 or 18, Barron, Brown and Davis are off the board, I'd really consider something like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: A Draft Day Trade I Would Love To See

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    Value-wise, I think that's a fair trade.
    According to the value chart at nfldraftblitz.com, we would take a 10% hit on that trade, however I would pull that trigger in a heartbeat. Yes, we would miss out on both Brown and Davis, but we wouldn't have to reach in the 2nd round like I think we may have to at #50. If we do go OT/S with our 1st two picks...

Best case: Barnes and Pool
    Worst case: Bullocks and Terry

The truth is probably somewhere between.

Or if the FO decided to make it a free-for-all, we could walk out with two of: Matt Jones, Channing Crowder, Barrett Ruud, Daryl Blackstock, Marcus Johnson, Kevin Burnett, Odell Thurman, Chris Spencer
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramhard is offline Registered User

Why for the Eagles?

Who would the Eagles be targeted at #19 that would make then want to pay the extra $$$ in moving up?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Well, it depends on what position the Eagles are looking to fill.

If they're looking at WR, the #19 pick will probably give them access to several players (Troy Williamson, Mark Clayton, Roddy White) who could definitely be gone by pick 31. If they're looking for a TE, the #19 pick should guarantee a shot at Heath Miller. If they're looking for a LB, the #19 slot would probably give them a shot at Darryl Blackstock.

The money difference isn't too big, particularly since they'd save a bit of money in the second round.

fleet69 is offline Registered User

Tell you what, that's a pretty interesting trade. Think I like it. Couple of reasons why Philly would move up. Sure they would love Clayton or Matt Jones from Arkansas, who probably wouldn't be around at #31. They have a ton of picks & probably don't want to use them all for guys who won't even make the roster. They really don't have a lot of holes to fill. History shows them trading quite a bit on Draft Day.
    Think it would be a good move for us.