Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rob6465 is offline Registered User

Draft day trade scenario

I read a posting on turfshowtimes.com and the poster (Vanram) suggested trading the #1 pick to denver for their 11th pick and Brandon Marshall. Brandon is a top receiver, he is 6'4" and only 25 yrs old. We can put him with Avery and we can still draft someone good with 11th pick, maybe Brian Price(DT). We get price, brandon before 2nd round pick. I like it !!
    Last edited by rob6465; -02-07-2010 at 11:00 AM.

cfh128 is online now Registered User

Re: Draft day trade scenario

Not only do I not like it, I don't even see how it makes sense. Who is it that Denver wants at #1 that they are willing to pull the trigger on a trade like this? And for the Rams, we drop way too far back to get the kind of impact player we need and all we get in return is a malcontent WR who already has been suspended in the past by both the league and his own team. I say "pass" with a capital P.

msha is offline Registered User

I don't like it either. As soon as he gets here, he will get in trouble and get suspended, and he will leave whenever his contract is up.

This is a draft that is heavy with good DL players and rather get brandon then a overhyped, overrated QB from philly. I'm hoping Brandon can realize that he will see plenty of catches with Rams and this also helps Avery. Keeping the pick and drafting Suh is not the answer with so many holes. Even if we don't make trade with denver i'd still like us to trade pick to top 10.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

Save a lot of $$ by not paying for the first overall pick to; hedges a lot of the bust risk (in regards to money). I like the idea of trading down (maybe multiple times) and getting more picks and filling more holes, but like cleveland last year did they really get a whole lot for trading down from 5th to 30th? a third and a second???

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Ramz View Post
    Save a lot of $$ by not paying for the first overall pick to; hedges a lot of the bust risk (in regards to money). I like the idea of trading down (maybe multiple times) and getting more picks and filling more holes, but like cleveland last year did they really get a whole lot for trading down from 5th to 30th? a third and a second???
    Exactly. Heck, if you don't like Brandon then get another receiver. I just don't like the idea of drafting Suh when we can trade down and get a bunch of picks that "might" help us.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    Exactly. Heck, if you don't like Brandon then get another receiver. I just don't like the idea of drafting Suh when we can trade down and get a bunch of picks that "might" help us.
    Why do you people always assume that by trading down we will get a "bunch" of picks? We would maybe get 1 maybe two extra picks and neither of which would be a first rounder. So we are basically swapping spots in the first round to earn maybe 1 3rd and a fifth rounder. Doesnt sound so attractive when its laid out that way does it?
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Why do you people always assume that by trading down we will get a "bunch" of picks? We would maybe get 1 maybe two extra picks and neither of which would be a first rounder. So we are basically swapping spots in the first round to earn maybe 1 3rd and a fifth rounder. Doesnt sound so attractive when its laid out that way does it?
    We can hope we get a team that will do the opposite and give us more. I'm saying trade down if it's worth it. You hear people talking about DL/DE but who is going to throw the ball? PLEASE DON'T SAY VICK !! OVERRATED !

rammiser is offline Registered User

We can hope we get a team that will do the opposite and give us more. I'm saying trade down if it's worth it. You hear people talking about DL/DE but who is going to throw the ball? PLEASE DON'T SAY VICK !! OVERRATED !
    More importantly who is going to block? We have a guy who can throw the problem is he needs an o-line that can provide protection. The o-line needs to be fixed before anyone can throw the ball.
    Just Fix It

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Successful organizations don't rely on "hope", "luck", or the other team being, really, really stupid. I'd like to think that we want to be a successful organization.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Brandon Marshall comes with a ton of baggage, and I think the general perception is that there is a significant drop-off in draft value behind the top two defensive tackles (Suh and McCoy) and the top two quarterbacks (Bradford and Clausen). If those four players are off the board, then maybe we hope Derrick Morgan is still available at defensive end. Dez Bryant wouldn't be bad value at #10 except we'll have just filled our need there with Marshall. Who else is a good option for us there? It seems to me that we don't really benefit from moving into that neighborhood.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I read a posting on turfshowtimes.com and the poster (Vanram) suggested trading the #1 pick to denver for their 11th pick and Brandon Marshall. Brandon is a top receiver, he is 6'4" and only 25 yrs old. We can put him with Avery and we can still draft someone good with 11th pick, maybe Brian Price(DT). We get price, brandon before 2nd round pick. I like it !!

Hmm. I don't think this idea is too bad.

First, we acquire Brandon Marshall. I think giving him a fresh start in a new scenario will help him revive his career. Also, we have a good chance in reuniting him with teammate Tony Scheffler in the FA.

Second, we move down to 11. What if Bradford or Clausen is available here? Do we pull the trigger? Yes. I'm also thinking a monster DE in Derrick Morgan will be available here. Rolando McClain and Joe Haden have a good chance of also being here too.

So what I'm thinking is that we acquire a very good player with our first round pick, gives our offense a dynamic playmaker with Marshall, and then grab maybe Jared Odrick in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    More importantly who is going to block? We have a guy who can throw the problem is he needs an o-line that can provide protection. The o-line needs to be fixed before anyone can throw the ball.
    Our O-line was not that bad last year. When all of our starters were in, our line was starting to gell and was actually pretty solid.

The only time where our line struggled was during the last part of the season where Jason Smith was out, Jacob Bell was out, Jason Brown was struggling with an injury, and Richie Incognito was cut.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Our O-line was not that bad last year. When all of our starters were in, our line was starting to gell and was actually pretty solid.

The only time where our line struggled was during the last part of the season where Jason Smith was out, Jacob Bell was out, Jason Brown was struggling with an injury, and Richie Incognito was cut.
    All of our QBs got hurt this year. That means the line was bad all year. Good lines don't let 3 QBs get injured; one twice.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    All of our QBs got hurt this year. That means the line was bad all year. Good lines don't let 3 QBs get injured; one twice.

All our QB's got hurt this year does not translate to our line was bad all year.

We have weak bodied QB's behind center.

It doesn't take constant pounding to injure a QB. It can take one freakish accident to injure a QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast