Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Draft Debate Reveals Why ClanRam Is The Best Rams' Site

On occasion, I wander over to "the competition" (i.e. PD board, The Herd, RealRamsFans). In doing so recently, I've noticed a real difference in the way that the draft has been discussed - particularly with respect to the issues of Bradford vs. Suh.

Some of the comments I've read on other boards have been downright troubling. There are fans who have come out and stated that they hate Bradford, that he's a sure bust, and that essentially any fan who would take him is an idiot. Others argue that only a fool would pass on a franchise QB in favor of a DT (who, they argue, will be the next Jimmy Kennedy).

What are these boards going to do after the draft? Ultimately, the Rams will have to make a choice, and fans will have to live with it. The only other option is to become a perpetual naysayer (which some are likely to become).

Here at ClanRam, we've had our share of healthy debates, but I really see a difference. Most who support Bradford also acknowledge that he's not a sure thing, and that it really would be great to have a guy like Suh. Likewise, most who support Suh realize that there is a risk in passing on a guy like Bradford (as well as the risk that Colt McCoy might be gone before the Rams can take him).

The point is, I think we've kept our heads about us and, whatever the outcome of the draft is, we'll be able to move forward to next season with some sense of optimism.

At least that's how I see it.

jcook is offline Registered User

Re: Draft Debate Reveals Why ClanRam Is The Best Rams' Site

Dig it. Genius

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

There are some good boards out there, I check at least 5 everyday and post on 3 other than this one. This group seems to be older imo, or at least more mature, and is BY FAR the most optimistic about our situation in St.Louis, that I've come across.
    I think we as fans will come around, after the draft, to support our teams decision to take a QB or DT or whoever because in the end I think we ALL want a winner.

I think you always have clowns that just ***** about everything and will never be happy. Its kinda funny because some actually think they know more than Spags or BD.

GO RAMS!!!

How did I get 2 points in Rep power and what does it mean?

shower beers is offline Registered User

I've always offered a challenge to people who are fed up or become frusturated with our boards, and that is to try posting on the EPSN comments section for a while. Soon you will realize that this is a very level-headed, intelligent group of people (for the most part). It's great to come to a place and talk football without having to constantly tell others why their comments are absurd and downright false at times, and have a good feeling of community when doing so.

I read a different forum for Ohio State football, and most of my time spent before the Rose Bowl was sifting through comments exclaiming how the Oregon Ducks were going to put up between (I am not kidding here) 50-125 points on the Buckeyes, based on the different opinions of fans of both teams. It's nice to come to the Clan Ram and read rational discussion about our favorite team, and to not have to spend time showing others why they are idiots.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    There are some good boards out there, I check at least 5 everyday and post on 3 other than this one. This group seems to be older imo, or at least more mature, and is BY FAR the most optimistic about our situation in St.Louis, that I've come across.
    I think we as fans will come around, after the draft, to support our teams decision to take a QB or DT or whoever because in the end I think we ALL want a winner.

I think you always have clowns that just ***** about everything and will never be happy. Its kinda funny because some actually think they know more than Spags or BD.

GO RAMS!!!

How did I get 2 points in Rep power and what does it mean?
    I wonder the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it's one of the mods (or w/e you call them) liking your post a lot or something.. but the ones in red that say "We think this guy might be a whiner fan" always give me a little chuckle lol

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I'm not a big message board poster, but there is a reason I post on this one. The insanity and absolute hatred aren't there.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its off-topic, but to clarify the rep system:

Anyone can give rep points (positive or negative). Just click on the balance scales icon on the post you want to rep, and state whether you "approve" or "disapprove" of the post. You can also give specific comments.

For every 100 rep points, you get 1 point of "rep power." You also earn a point of "rep power" for every 1,000 posts.

The amount of rep points you give depends on your "rep power." For example, if I give someone positive rep, they get 101 rep points. If I give negative rep, it subtracts 101 rep points.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

lol ok, so I guess I'll stick with 2 as my number, because I am far more sarcastic than accurate, but I love the Rams.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Nicely stated AV. There is a maturity and more thought-out approach to the posters here and I am glad that I have found a group of people who share my love for the Rams.

Now let's draft well and get the season underway! Incidentally, the schedule will be released on Tuesday 4/20. I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss.

Go Rams!

3STL9 is offline Registered User

I can't give REP? is there a minimum amount of posts.

By the way I never post in message boards. I used to back in the day at st.louisrams.com message board. But this one is way better

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Wouldnt it be great if all the mods got together from all Rams forums and had an ultimate Bash?

Oh and by the way, I visited one other forum once(dont recall the name) but the layout alone drove me crazy so I never returned.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

A big reason I come here and post so often (something I don't do anywhere else) is because of the interesting debates and insight that i have really failed to find elsewhere except for the occasional one on Turf Show Times, which id ont comment on often at all.

If you go to NFL.com or ESPN boards and its so bad as far as debate its ridiculous. Its basically think what i think or your stupid. "If the Rams pass on Suh they are the dumbest franchise EVAR" and then they make sure they add a few curse words for good measure.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I think the most important reason I come here is in the list of posters above. We have people from a dizzying array of ages, backgrounds, locations, number of posts, and points of view all actually talking TO,not AT, one another, not just shouting to be heard above the crowd.That's pretty rare in my experience. Most boards are clique-ish; just a few oldtimers chatting to one another & everyone else just sort of tolerated, if not ignored no matter how interesting/insightful their contribution, or free-for-all yahoo fests.

I'm challenged , entertained and informed talking about a team I have loved passionately since childhood & the greater the number of viewpoints, the better that gets.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I come to this board because the arguments are actually rational, and other members post logical things.

On other sites, you'll find the never ending:

"You suck, go die because you don't like Bradford"

"Your mom!"

"You have no idea what you're talking about scrub. You don't know nothing bout football. Loser."

Stuff like that really doesn't contribute to the site, and it just spurs more unnecessary rebutals and attacks.

Oh, and because this site is the best. Who dat!

Wait... I mean go Rams.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Great point. We all have our opinions on what should be done, but whether or not we agree with the pick, the Rams are in a position to add whom they feel is the best player in this draft. And even if it's not the guy we want, it's going to be a pretty talented guy who has the potential to be very good at the next level. We've had some really great debates over the last couple of months, and I think that highlights why the Clan is different from your regular old board. What also separates us is that, preferences aside, we'll be able to come together after the draft and cheer on the new Rams, whomever they may be!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast