Blindside Blitz Guest

DRAFT: Do We Reach for a DT Early?

I am toying with the idea of the Rams grabbing Nagota if he is there at 11....but I am so freaking weirded out about getting another DLew, Pickett or Kennedy.....

Does A.J. Hawk slide to 11? Another Dan Morgan type?

I just can't see taking Vernon Davis, a TE, that high in the draft....we need DEFENSE

Anyway...been awhile since I posted..forgot what a world class site Clan Ram is...!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: DRAFT: Do We Reach for a DT Early?

Just my opinion, but I think Ngata is extremely over-rated. He may have pushed PAC-10 linemen around, but when I've seen him against a higher quality OL, he seems to disappear.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Blindside Blitz Guest

He seems like a 'big body'.....ala Kennedy....makes me nervous...

I think he is over rated too!

RamJackson39 Guest

I just can't see taking Vernon Davis, a TE, that high in the draft....we need DEFENSE
    Trust me. Once you see Vernon Davis, you will be amazed. My only hope is that he doesnt impress at the Combine too much. I dont want him going before 11.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont see how we take a defensive tackle at 11. Of course, if pickett leaves, who knows what we will do. History teaches us that it almost always takes two to three years for guys at that position to have an impact and i want help on defense now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

CanadianRam! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside Blitz
    but I am so freaking weirded out about getting another DLew, Pickett or Kennedy...
    i wont mind getting another pickett and kennedy could still develop into a pretty good player.
    i dont think we should go with a DT our first round because we have more glaring holes at FS and Linebacker.

We need Huff!!:clanram:

chiguy is offline Registered User

In Haslett's years with the Saints, he picked either a DL or LB with his first pick in the draft. If the FO is listening to him on the draft and we go with defense, don't be surprised if we take a guy like Ngata if he slides. Its unlikely he slides that far though, from what I've read.

serkicker32 Guest

I think we need a DT in the third or fourth