Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft "expers"

thermobee is offline Registered User

Draft "expers"

I keep looking at the draft "experts" that are reviewing every team in the league and grade their drafts and every single one of them has given the Rams a C grade. That is their opinion and I have no problem with that, but none of them give any specific reasons as to why the Rams get a C. They talk about our first two picks and how they fill needs but nothing negative is actually said about the picks.

Just a rant about the little appreciation that our team gets both as players and front office.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Draft "expers"

Grading right after the draft when we have seen nothing is stupid. BTW on NFL network 2 anylsis (can't remember their names right now) gave the Rams a B and a B+ respectively. Dont Listen to those ESPN idiots

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Grading right after the draft when we have seen nothing is stupid. BTW on NFL network 2 anylsis (can't remember their names right now) gave the Rams a B and a B+ respectively. Dont Listen to those ESPN idiots
    Exactly!! As of now I would grade our draft as a B as well, because we have no idea how everybody pans out. The big point is that we drafted people that cover our needs and fit our philosophy and schemes!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I think it was terrell davis and bryan baldinger that gave us the B and B+. They gave us the highest grades out of our division. TD is a former star, so he knows what he is talking about, and if I recall correctly Baldy has always been pretty favorable towards us when he is broadcasting on FOX. But at this point those experts know about as much as us fans do about how these draft picks will turn out. There just isn't anything to talk about in the NFL now, so they have to do something.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

How can a team with the 2nd overall pick in the draft only get a C?

Ludicrous, I say, ludicrous!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I actually heard one of these so-called experts give the faders a "B". He said Al Davis has always been above average when it comes to assessing draft talent.

I expected the guy to claim that the Lions were the next Superbowl champions.

dvbear55 is offline Registered User

Our first two picks were better than every other team's selections. Al Davis chose Heyward-Bey who isnt really even a top caliber wide out in this draft but Kiper gives us a C? Im a little confused.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    I keep looking at the draft "experts" that are reviewing every team in the league and grade their drafts and every single one of them has given the Rams a C grade. That is their opinion and I have no problem with that, but none of them give any specific reasons as to why the Rams get a C. They talk about our first two picks and how they fill needs but nothing negative is actually said about the picks.

Just a rant about the little appreciation that our team gets both as players and front office.
    Actually, ESPN has a list of all the experts draft grades and the rams actually didn't do so bad. Ended up with a a good few B's. They averaged out all the grades and gave a score out of 4.0 for it to. I think we got a 2.7 or something. The faiders got the lowest with .7 and the Eagles got the highest with 3.37 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Actually, ESPN has a list of all the experts draft grades and the rams actually didn't do so bad. Ended up with a a good few B's. They averaged out all the grades and gave a score out of 4.0 for it to. I think we got a 2.7 or something. The faiders got the lowest with .7 and the Eagles got the highest with 3.37 I believe.
    I guess I was looking at some draft analyst from nfl.com

Random comment - Every year it feels like its so long before the draft comes, but the real long time with no football is now!! Man there is so long till we get even a pre-season game lol

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

For what its worth Walterfootball gave us an A+

Major30 is offline Registered User

Grading this years draft is like getting your score before you actually take the test. I think we did well addressing key areas of weakness with some of the top players available. We'll know our grade in a couple of years. I saw some site that gave us an "F" when looking back at the 2006 draft. This one was when Hill, Klopfenstein, Wroten, Alston and Byrd were our top 5 picks. You can see why we struggled mightily the last couple years.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I always feel the grading of the draft immediately after is a "fool's errand" as no one has played a snap yet. However the feeling I get is that the teams who makes big moves or snatch a steal like the Eagles did with Jeremy Maclin get an an undue amount of plaudits while Oakland with their reach of Heywood-Bey get the same in reverse. I guess that is what makes the NFL Draft the event is has become.

I remember cutting school in NYC and going to the Draft in midweek when it was a limited interest event. Man, am I showing my age or what!

We had a very respectable draft and I think we'll find some hidden gems amongst the undrafted FA's. I am particularly looking forward to seeing Keith Null in the pre-season this kid may be a huge find for us. I keep reminding myself that James Harrison, this year's Defensive MVP of the Steelers was an undrafted FA. Lots to look forward to.

Go Rams!

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I've yet to see anyone give us below a "B" for the draft. Anyone that did tho (much less without solid justification as to why), I don't think was really paying attention. jmo
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -05-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

I agree a C is about right. The first pick you must throw out the window. Jason Smith was a great pick. I like the second pick as well. But some people think we should of taken Maluga. The third pick is were I have a problem. With Michael Johnson still on the board they go with a questionable corner back. And to make it worse they come back in the fourth with a DT. Come on... Why not take a chance on Johnson in the third and then come back with a corner in the fourth....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast