throwback week

GSOT Guest

Draft Jordy Nelson

With the probability that the Rams will cut Bruce we as Rams fans need to take a serious look at wr in the draft. We need speed and size something the Rams lack other than Bennett(size). I propose all you take a hard look at Jordy Nelson.. He isn't getting attention from gurus right now but he will after the combine. The guy is 6-3 220 pounds and is a burner. He reminds me so much of a mix between Joey Gallaway and Terrel Owens. Check out this video

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIUu-nLx0lw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIUu-nLx0lw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw

chipperjones Guest

Re: Draft Jordy Nelson

I love his story, and he's a nice late round pick, but I'd rather see us take Martin Rucker and move him to WR. He has great size, hands, and the speed to play there.

chipperjones Guest

Just so you know, i know he will play TE in the NFL and go to another team, I'm just throwin his name around

GSOT Guest

I highly doubt Nelson will be a late round pick, especially after the combine where he will run sub 4.4's. 6-3 220 pounds of speed that has produced in college as the only threat on his team agasint nfl prospects don't last very long.. I see the all-american going no later than the 2nd round and possible mid first. If he is there with our 2nd pick I'd love to take him.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    Just so you know, i know he will play TE in the NFL and go to another team, I'm just throwin his name around
    You know, this team seems to have an affinity for Tight Ends...

chipperjones Guest

Yes, I now lol...but we need a good one. Randy is good, we just need to get him the ball. Rucker might not be rated as the best TE this class but in my openion he is. Also about Jordy, who know, he may have a poor combine. I love the guy myself, and he is a hard worker. I wouldnt take him in the second round because he has no chance of being a star. Just a 3rd receiver.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    I highly doubt Nelson will be a late round pick, especially after the combine where he will run sub 4.4's. 6-3 220 pounds of speed that has produced in college as the only threat on his team agasint nfl prospects don't last very long.. I see the all-american going no later than the 2nd round and possible mid first. If he is there with our 2nd pick I'd love to take him.
    I'm a Jordy Nelson fan. Hard-worker, tough as nails, and the most serious weapon (though a case could be made for James Johnson) on a less than spectacular team. However, I've yet to see him in a day 1 mock; not to say he won't be in April...lot of time between now and then, but his 40 time will have to come down for it to happen. I found one site that said he clocked a 4.41 in the spring, but I can't find a prospect site with him under 4.54, most around 4.60.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

GSOT Guest

I have seen Rucker mostly in the first round in some mocks so I doubt the Rams have a shot at the Missouri TE.

As for Jordy's 40 time being slow? I highly doubt these sites know what they are talking about this guy won the state championship 100 meter times at 10.6. That's Reggie Bush/Devin Hester numbers.

I'm currious to hear why you say he won't be a star and only a 3rd receiver? What gives you that impression?

chipperjones Guest

I just dont think he will. By no means am I promising anything. Like I said I love the guy and I hope he proves me wrong, I just dont see Jordy being a big time receiver in the NFL.

chipperjones Guest

Yeah, Im not really even thinking about Rucker, even though that would make my day, the Rams have way bigger needs than TE.

GSOT Guest

I just think Nelson plays his game so much as a NFL star receiver would. He reminds me so much of a Terrel Owens. Guys like Limas Sweed on the other hand IMO will be busts. You should compare the two highlight videos. Nelson gets WAY more separation than Sweed. Most of Sweeds receptions are with guys draped over him.

Drew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    Most of Sweeds receptions are with guys draped over him.
    i take on board the bit about Sweed lacking in seperation skills but someone
    who makes most of his receptions with guys over him,sounds like a beast of a red zone threat to me....not that i want us to draft him tho,just saying!

GSOT Guest

Of course.. and I think Sweed will be a nice player in the NFL, just not what the Rams need.. The rams need speed and power.