Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    richtree is offline Registered User

Draft kenny britt round 2 !!!!!

We should draft kenny britt round 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is going to be the 2nd best wr in the draft and we will have

avery , britt, sjax for next 5 years

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Re: Draft kenny britt round 2 !!!!!

we just drafted 2 wide recievers last year, and if holt stays in st. louis we should be alright at the position.. we have too many needs otherwise to justify a luxury pick like that.. OT, SS, LB, QB, DT.

Ot or lb in round 1

get one of the other in free agency...

Britt round 2.....sure it up for years...bulger has one good year left....

Round 3 de or dt.....

Round 4 .....ss

round 5 qb

round 6 more def

round 7 fb

lets get a gm that can make some movess

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    we just drafted 2 wide recievers last year, and if holt stays in st. louis we should be alright at the position.. we have too many needs otherwise to justify a luxury pick like that.. OT, SS, LB, QB, DT.
    WR is clearly lower on the priority list than OT, SS, MLB, C, etc, but you can't go into a draft thinking you can only address certain positions. It has to be able the grade you give players. If round two comes around and Britt or another receiver is the highest graded player on your board, he should get some strong consideration, especially if you can't deal back.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I cannot argue with you right now. With the possible loss of Holt, we may be in a need for a WR. Round two should be fine.

Certainly, it's not as high up as SS, MLB, C. But if Bulger doesn't have two good receivers to throw to, he may look bad again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Yes....i don't understand why the rams can't address one of there 3 major needs in free agency....

We are either taking a ol or lb in round one......

Get the other in free agency....

We need some good gm moves.....

Next year in our divison we always have a chance at the playoffs....

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't think the Rams can afford to draft a WR in Round 1 or 2 this year.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I know T.J is a free agent this year. We could try to pick him up. That way, we won't have to draft a rookie WR in the draft, which would give us more options to fix this team. I'm convinced that we need to at least draft 2 linemen this year: a tackle, and an interior guy to solidify the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I know T.J is a free agent this year. We could try to pick him up. That way, we won't have to draft a rookie WR in the draft, which would give us more options to fix this team. I'm convinced that we need to at least draft 2 linemen this year: a tackle, and an interior guy to solidify the inside.
    Housh is arguably the best and the only top tier veteran free agent on the market. If the Bengals somehow don't retain him, it's going to be a bidding war for his services. I'm not sure the Rams will want to be contenders in that kind of contest, nor does it sound like that fits Devaney's philosophy. I agree that a veteran WR would be preferable to another rookie, but I'm not sure I see the Rams throwing the resources needed to land Housh.

Tj costs too much for a team that should be using free agent money on defense...

There are 5 or 6 free agent lb's that could help us......after losing chillar -- we need a top free agent....a second round lb ain't gonna cut it...

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Fine I'll be the one to say it. I'm very hesitant to draft another Rutgers player after the disappointment that is/was Brian Leonard. Looking at Britt, he looks like a possession WR to me. I think that's what Keenan Burton may turn into. So why draft another? And you guys can't honestly be serious about even considering TJ. WTF. <shakes head>

Kenny Britt-WR- Scarlet KnightsJan. 4 - 2:45 pm et
    Rutgers star wide receiver Kenny Britt will enter the 2009 NFL draft.
    In many ways the 6-4 215 pound junior is very similiar to Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree. Both have great size, balance and a temendous set of hands. Britt may even be a tad faster, which will make him a steal for NFL teams looking for a wide receiver after Crabtree is selected (assuming he declares for the draft as well). Britt is projected as a second round pick.

Longblood you couldn't be more wrong...this guy is one of the fastest, strongest guys in the draft at WR...

he is faster than Crabtree....

some say faster than all recievers except Macklin...

he is legit WR for next 7 years to have next to Donnie...

Britt, Avery, Randy, SJax and A young line being build.....

if he makes round 2 you have to take a star....no other player at round 2 pick 2 has a chance at being an NFL star......

every other pick goes defense., and we have to bring in some defense ability via FRee Agency....we should definately get a LB in free agency....

if we could get more great.....

AT CUT COREY CHAVOUS ALREADY......

pick 1 -- big andre.
    pick 2 -- britt
    pick 3 -- SS

grab a starting lb in free agency. .....

then we will have a great draft.....if we pass this kidd at round 2 for some DT that won't even start will will be screwed for the future...

INHO of course....
    Last edited by Nick; -01-05-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

richtree, I've been open to the idea of taking a receiver in round two if he's the best player on the board, but you're really starting to lose me with your last two responses. Namely...

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    a second round lb ain't gonna cut it...
    History suggests you're wrong. Here are some of the starting linebackers that have been drafted in the second round over the last five years: Curtis Lofton (Falcons), Paul Posluszny (Bills), LaMarr Woodley (Steelers), David Harris (Jets), DeMeco Ryans (Texans), D'Qwell Jackson (Browns), Rocky McIntosh (Redskins), Barrett Ruud (Buccaneers), Lofa Tatupu (Seahawks), Karlos Dansby (Cardinals), Daryl Smith (Jaguars).

no other player at round 2 pick 2 has a chance at being an NFL star......
    I have absolutely no idea how you can make such a definitive statement like this with over four months to go before the NFL draft, without knowing what else would be on the table for the Rams at that pick. There's really no way at all to tell what other players would be there, yet you've already concluded they don't have a chance of being an NFL star? This one has me baffled.

becaue britt is top 10 talent #1

#2 there are 10 free agent LB's available better than all of the guys your just named

Britt broke every record and sat out one game this year else he would have had larry fitz record too

WR -- brings everything you want from a WR

hands, speed, strength, routes, heart, play making, size, youth (junior)

I agree there may be some other decent players at this pick , but none of them bring all aspects of their postion to the table...

ps....

it doesn't seem to matter now....cause after combine he is going to be a frist round pick.....

So ....IF BRITT IS GONE AT ROUND 2 ....I WOULD TRADE OUR PICK FOR THE GIANTS 2 SECOND ROUND PICKS....

i think NYG willl do it because they would want to sure up their roster and don't need 2 picks here.....

ps dansbys a free agent...lets steal him, or vilma, or someone for once!!!1

we get no free agents....lets hire a coach so we can get goin
    Last edited by Nick; -01-05-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

becaue britt is top 10 talent #1
    I'm sorry, but I don't think you'll find many people who agree with that.

Britt may end up as the best WR prospect in this class if numerous other underclassmen decide not to declare (Crabtree, Maclin, Heyward-Bay, etc), but once we get a final list of who's in and who's out, I really don't see any way he's considered one of the ten best players available in this class.

I see him more in the 25-40 range right now, and a lot depends on how he works out. For instance, if he comes in as a legit 6'4" and runs a sub-4.5, then I think he's secured a first round grade and could sneak into the top twenty. But I have a hard time seeing him any higher than that. And I say that as a Big East fan.

#2 there are 10 free agent LB's available better than all of the guys your just named
    Name them, then.

Unquestionably there are some names on my list that aren't stars, but they've been quality starters.

But TEN free agents better than ALL of the guys I listed?

Again, I'll be waiting for that list, because I'm interested to hear which ten linebackers available in free agency are better than LaMarr Woodley, DeMeco Ryans, D'Qwell Jackson, Lofa Tatupu, and Karlos Dansby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast