Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Goldenfleece

Thread: Draft News: WR Floyd out of Senior Bowl; CB Kirkpatrick arrested for drugs

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Draft News: WR Floyd out of Senior Bowl; CB Kirkpatrick arrested for drugs

Regarding Floyd, it comes from Tony Pauline's Twitter. Also being reported by Rob Rang of NFL Draft Scout...

Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd, the second-rated receiver on NFLDraftScout.com behind Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon, will not participate in the Senior Bowl next week. Floyd's absence, first reported by Sports Illustrated, was anticipated by the Senior Bowl, which added Gerell Robinson to the 10-man receiving corps for the event. Floyd could still travel to Mobile and participate in face-to-face interviews with teams and their scouts, an important aspect of the event that takes place in the evening hours until most scouts leave town on Thursday. Given the significant red flags he raised with three off-field incidents involving alcohol while at Notre Dame, Floyd would be wise to show accountability and maturity by making himself available to face questions he must know are coming from pro evaluators ready to sink millions into his future. Floyd combination of size and agility will keep him in the top three receivers available, but Baylor's Kendall Wright could be preferred over Floyd by some teams because of his blazing speed and advanced route-running. The big difference - size. Floyd is likely to run in the 4.5 range at 6-3, 224. Wright, Baylor's all-time leading receiver, is just 5-10, 195, but might clock closer to 4.4 in the 40. Floyd was projected to be a late first-round pick in 2011 but chose to return for his senior season. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Now, as for Kirkpatrick...

Ex-Bama star Dre Kirkpatrick arrested on drug charge
    Updated 48m ago

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) Former Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick has been arrested on a marijuana possession charge.

An arrest report on the Manatee County Sheriff's Office web site says Kirkpatrick was arrested at 12:48 a.m. Tuesday and charged with possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana. He was released on $120 bond.

Kirkpatrick is regarded as a potential top 10 NFL draft pick. The second-team All-American announced last week he was skipping his senior season with the national champions to enter the draft.

No further information was immediately available on his arrest. Messages left with the department weren't immediately returned.

It isn't clear what Kirkpatrick was doing in Bradenton, but the town is home to IMG Performance Institute, which helps athletes train for the NFL combine.

A message left with IMG wasn't immediately returned.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Draft News: WR Floyd out of Senior Bowl; CB Kirkpatrick arrested for drugs

Ugh! What a mute donkey (if you don't get my meaning, use a thesaurus).

While there are worse crimes than marijuana possession, I always worry about guys who don't appreciate just how fortunate they are to be prime NFL prospects, and carelessly risk that status for a little bit of "recreation."

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Ugh! What a mute donkey (if you don't get my meaning, use a thesaurus).

While there are worse crimes than marijuana possession, I always worry about guys who don't appreciate just how fortunate they are to be prime NFL prospects, and carelessly risk that status for a little bit of "recreation."
    While I strongly disagree with some of the drug policies, Kirkpatrick should've been aware of that and complied to the rules.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Forget court costs... wonder how many millions this will cost him as he draft stock drops.

I agree with you AV... the marijana doesn't bother me as much as the stupidity to have it, use it or touch it during the 3 or 4 months that will help determine your future.

Suddenly Kirkpatrick is on the Bengals draft boards. : )

Rambos is offline Registered User

So much for if they can ball we will take them...

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

College kid with weed? Stop the presses! Not the smartest move but come on, at least he's not punching his girlfriend or putting a stripper in a choke hold.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

No, but I want a player who is smart enough to not look like a complete moron.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Forget court costs... wonder how many millions this will cost him as he draft stock drops.

I agree with you AV... the marijana doesn't bother me as much as the stupidity to have it, use it or touch it during the 3 or 4 months that will help determine your future.
    Ditto. So you're a college kid who hasn't gotten that first big paycheck yet and all you have to do to receive a contract with millions of dollars guaranteed is stay in shape and out of trouble for the next four months...and you still get busted for something stupid. That doesn't say much for your drive, discipline, common sense, the crowd you're running with, etc. I mean the last guy picked in Round 1 last year got $5 million guaranteed, which is more than most Americans will make in their lifetimes. If that isn't enough to keep you motivated, I don't know if anything will.
    Tampa_Ram and Rambunctious like this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Michael Floyd doesn't need to worry about anything but his combine....

He needs to be healthy and post great numbers there. If he shows a good 40 with alot of bench reps..

He will automatically be a top 20 pick unless he bombs the interviews.

It is a QB/WR league where there are tons of teams like Eagles, Bears, Panthers than next a big physical WR to start for the next 8 years.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

not like they`ve done a "Bernice Wilson" (for those who don't know she`s just been banned from athletics for 4 years for a testing positive to atleast 3 banned substances,and has basically tried the old everybodies fault but mine routine )
    in these guys cases. they gotta be real honest and convincing,20 grams aint that much for a regular stoner really..usually about 3 or 4 days worth if that. but 20 grams is a lot for someone if he`s gonna try and say he was just trying it out once as most kids do.