Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Draft Satisfaction???

oh yeah,

and D.Alexander lives close to the Dome .....

he should be our Free Agent signing and work his as a project for next season...

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

This foundation is taking a while to build. We need more than just the first 2 picks to pan out for a foundation to be built.

I personally give them a C. I like our first 4 picks ok, but after that I think we reached on every pick!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_man13 View Post
    211. Marquis Johnson, CB, D, Another CB? I don't even thinks this guy fits our scheme.
    This proves to me you don't have a clue. Johnson absolutely fits the Rams scheme. He's strictly a man coverage, tight bump at the line type of CB. Exactly why Jonathon Wade is GONE is why Johnson will make this team.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

65. Jerome Murphy, CB, B-, CB is the strength of our defense, we need a lot of things, but CB isn't necessarily one of them especially if we can get some pass rush. This pick could have been better spent elsewhere, but Murphy is a big physical corner and a good fit for our scheme. I can live with this.
    How many interceptions did our corners contribute last season? A clue: none. Leonard Little had more interceptions than all cornerbacks on our roster combined. I'm just sayin'...

99. Mardy Gilyard, WR, C-, We have 4 other WR's on the roster essentially exactly like him without the return ability (which can be found much later). He does have play making ability, but I think a lot of our WR's might. I would have less of an issue with this pick if Everson Griffen wasn't on the board.
    I kind of agree there. There's something to be said for sticking to your board, but unless he starts for us, this is going to seem like a waste.

132. Michael Hoomanawanui, TE, D-, Strictly a blocking TE which is not what we need to run the WCO. He's also a major injury risk and his career upside is a TE2.
    With Bajema on the roster, I don't think they took him strictly to be a blocker. I always wondered why they continued to start McMichaels ahead of Fells last season, and my theory is that maybe Fells isn't a good enough blocker to have him in when he's not going to be running routes. I think they probably envision Uh-oh as being a more balanced player along the lines of what most teams used before the era of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates.

149. Hall Davis, DE, D, A former basketball player who is very raw and needs a lot of coaching. Spags will be able to coach him, but he's many years away.
    189. Eugene Sims, DE, D, A 235 pound, 6'6 end, wth? He'll need to add MAJOR bulk before we can even consider him for this roster.
    I generally agree on both of these. Hall Davis seems to have been taken solely based on his physical makeup, and if that's really Sims' size, I can only assume they're planning on moving him to linebacker...or safety.

211. Marquis Johnson, CB, D, Another CB? I don't even thinks this guy fits our scheme.

226. George Selvie, DE, C, Well, this guy isn't a project, but has limited upside... we just can't win at DE.
    I disagree with the grades on these, though. At this point in the draft, you're just looking for guys who might make the team. For round seven, I think these guys both have a lot of upside.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Fendi has more upside than Graham and roughly the same amount of playing time..

They are the same height, Fendi is faster, has more explosion, hands looked great in the pro day but it was just a pro day. Hard to evaluate the guy but considering Graham who has done nothing was drafted in the 3rd and this guy was drafted in the sixth. Awesome gamble with little impact if it doesn't work out.

Hooman does more than block, he is a balanced tight end who excels more in blocking but can be an asset in the middle area passing game as well.

Saffold was a great pick that makes our offensive line (the cog through which everything offensive runs) a strength, at least on paper.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Onobun played basketball with Jermichael Finnley who is now a rising star with Green Bay, and Martellus Bennett who is now with the Cowboys. Onobun is suppose to be the best out of the three. Looks to me like the Rams know what they're doing.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

i give our overall grade a C-. Bradford/Safford combo will hinge on the success of Bradford. No mystery I am not too high on Bradford...but lets hope for the best.

The only pick I draft over a C, is the Gilyard in round 4. He gives us that game changer that DV promised, so I give him an A there.

I dont put too much on grades, cause WHO KNOWS. I do know this. 2007 draft was an F-. Carriker (round 1) Leornard (round 2), Wade (round 3). Clifton Ryan only player still left on team from that draft

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I give the Rams a C on draft satisfaction.

I like alot of the picks. The only problem I had is the Rams not trading down for more picks in round two. The rams could have got a extra 3rd & 4th round pick for moving down five to fifteen spots and still got a really good player.
    Saffold picked 33.
    TE Gronkowski picked 42
    OLB Washington picked 47
    DE Dunlap picked 54
    Next OT taken Charles Brownan 64

These are some of the players I really liked & when they were drafted.

Now throw in the extra 3rd & 4th round picks and the Rams could keep what they drafted.
    Rams draft CB J. Murphy 65. Here are some of the players I liked in the 3rd. DE A. Carrington 72, WR D. Williams 77, WR B. Lafell 78, WR E. Decker 87, WR A. Roberts & OLB N. Bowman 91

Rams draft WR M. Gilyard 99. Here are some of the players I liked in the 4th. RB J. McNight 112, TE D. Pitta 114, DT G. Atkins 120 & OT J. Fox.

I would of gave the Rams a " A " if they would have traded down with the second pick.

I really like the Fendi Onubon pick. He is a match up nightmare for Defences. LB's won't be able to cover him not with 4.4 & 4.5 speed in the 40. If they put a corner or safety on him , They better hope they can bring him down.
    One of my faverite picks is pick 180 D.J. Karim running back. He would of been a great change of pace back.

I just hope at least 5 out of the 11 picks make the team.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

WOW! Lots of negativity here, can we at least wait until they get their names and numbers on their jerseys before we start calling this draft a C or C-?

On trading down, We have no idea what was offered? Maybe they didn't make the trade because none of them were worth it. If they had made a trade and it was the best they were offered but it was terrible for the Rams those same people saying they should have traded would be saying how dumb it was that we traded that pick and got nothing in return. Without knowing what was offered we can't say they made a mistake or not.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

There were offers for the 33rd overall pick.

But, Devaney said that Saffold was the highest valued player on their board at that time, and if they traded down, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Oakland right behind them wouldn't let Saffold fall below them and would have snatched him up.

So, I guess Devaney considered Saffold better than an extra 3rd or 4th round pick.

And what is with all the C's?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    WOW! Lots of negativity here, can we at least wait until they get their names and numbers on their jerseys before we start calling this draft a C or C-?

On trading down, We have no idea what was offered? Maybe they didn't make the trade because none of them were worth it. If they had made a trade and it was the best they were offered but it was terrible for the Rams those same people saying they should have traded would be saying how dumb it was that we traded that pick and got nothing in return. Without knowing what was offered we can't say they made a mistake or not.
    It's true that we don't know what was offered. What we do know is that this team has lots of holes, and this draft was purported to be one of the deepest in recent memory. I was satisfied with the Saffold pick, but I also suspect that there might have been other ways to maximize our value.

I think one of the other reasons we're seeing dissatisfaction is that this roster still looks far from contention. Other teams have successfully addressed needs through trades, sometimes giving up pretty minor compensation (e.g. the trades for Lendale White or Santonio Holmes). And here we are rebuilding for what seems like the fifth year in a row.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I think one of the other reasons we're seeing dissatisfaction is that this roster still looks far from contention. Other teams have successfully addressed needs through trades, sometimes giving up pretty minor compensation (e.g. the trades for Lendale White or Santonio Holmes). And here we are rebuilding for what seems like the fifth year in a row.
    Rebuilding started with the new regime. This is only the second draft, not the fifth. And as far as trades go, I'm glad we didn't grab Holmes, Marshall, etc... They take up cap space and destroy team first mentality.

Devaney hasn't steered us wrong yet. Whitherspoon, Pace, Holt, all needed to go... And since then, we have added some great players. Patience, the pieces will fall into place. No draft can fill all needs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Rebuilding started with the new regime. This is only the second draft, not the fifth. And as far as trades go, I'm glad we didn't grab Holmes, Marshall, etc... They take up cap space and destroy team first mentality.

Devaney hasn't steered us wrong yet. Whitherspoon, Pace, Holt, all needed to go... And since then, we have added some great players. Patience, the pieces will fall into place. No draft can fill all needs.
    I agree that the rebuilding started with the new regime--but in the 2006 off-season, not the 2009 off-season. If memory serves, we replaced at least 7 of our defensive starters that year, which would constitute a major overhaul. It's just that the initial rebuilding process went so badly that we basically had to blow it up and start from scratch all over again a couple years later. As far as I'm concerned, we've been in rebuilding mode ever since Martz left.

And there is no cap anymore! Not unless they renegotiate it in a new CBA, which would not take effect until the 2011 season at the earliest. If there had been a cap, though, we were projected to be way under it this year. So we would have had plenty of room under this hypothetical cap. In fact, I'd be curious if we're even meeting the old CBA's floor on spending with the current roster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12