Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Draft Watch 2007

Rams currently sitting around pick 10 with 5 other teams. The watch is on with 6 games to go and the season in full TRAIN WRECK mode...once again. There is a very reasonable chance the Rams will end up drafting around 7 to 10 IMO. We all know the needs...who would be a targeted pick at this point?

"You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Draft Watch 2007

DT or DE, probably Alan Branch or Gaines Adams.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I know i'm beating a dead horse here already, but where do you think would be a proper place to take Patrick Willis Nick? Do you think that it would be reasonable for us to draft him in the top ten if we reach there, or would he be more of a top 20 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    I know i'm beating a dead horse here already, but where do you think would be a proper place to take Patrick Willis Nick? Do you think that it would be reasonable for us to draft him in the top ten if we reach there, or would he be more of a top 20 pick?
    At this point Willis is not a top ten pick at this point, IMO. The earliest I would likely start looking at him is around pick #20. Of course that could change, but right now he's not an option there.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

[QUOTE The watch is on with 6 games to go and the season in full TRAIN WRECK mode...once again. [/QUOTE]

GREAT LINE, Fargo, and well said. This phrase, I believe, captures the state of the Rams as well as any I've read. Sad, but true.

WHAT SAY YE?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    At this point Willis is not a top ten pick at this point, IMO. The earliest I would likely start looking at him is around pick #20. Of course that could change, but right now he's not an option there.
    Do you think that if we traded up to spot #1 in the second round that he would still be available for us to draft or is there no chance of him falling that far. Of course we'll assume that stays in the form that he is in right now and has a good columbine.

chipperjones Guest

Gaines Adams is nice.Other options are LaRon Landry {LSU}, Ted Ginn {OSU, if he enters} as a Bruce replacement down the road and return guy, and Brandon Marriweather {Miami}.I personaly think DT is what we need.Little is great, Adeyanju WILL BE GREAT, {mark my words} and this DE {Eric Moore} we recently signed is an excellent pass rusher.The RB is running right through Kennedy and Glover, so there is our pick.DT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    Do you think that if we traded up to spot #1 in the second round that he would still be available for us to draft or is there no chance of him falling that far. Of course we'll assume that stays in the form that he is in right now and has a good columbine.
    I anticipate him going somewhere between 15-28. I would be surprised if, without any major setbacks or workout disappointments, he lasted until the second round.

Please though, don't get focused in on one guy. It's going to make the draft very difficult for you if you have your heart set on us grabbing a specific player. There are a number of intriguing linebacker candidates that the Rams could look out all through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    Gaines Adams is nice.Other options are LaRon Landry {LSU}, Ted Ginn {OSU, if he enters} as a Bruce replacement down the road and return guy, and Brandon Marriweather {Miami}.I personaly think DT is what we need.Little is great, Adeyanju WILL BE GREAT, {mark my words} and this DE {Eric Moore} we recently signed is an excellent pass rusher.The RB is running right through Kennedy and Glover, so there is our pick.DT.
    Spending our first round pick on someone like Ted Ginn would have been like spending last year's first round pick on Jay Cutler - while not a horrible pick in that we're addressing an area that could be a need in the future, it would undoubtedly be a vast waste of an opportunity to add youth and talent to a position where it's needed right now.

I'm not saying Ginn would be a bad pick, but there are plenty of good players at need positions who will be available where we'll pick if we stay around the same spot. To use that pick on a WR would go down as a missed opportunity in my book. Some will argue that you sign free agents to fill immediate needs, but I think that's a bit naive - you obviously can't fill every need in free agency.

As for Meriweather, he is neither "nice" nor is he an "option" with our first round pick.

chipperjones Guest

Good point Nick.Meriweather would not be who I wanted to draft, and as much as i like Ginn,He wouldn't either.I think we need a DT.Another choice would be DE Quenton Moses.

Country Guest

What about the OL because it is ugly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    What about the OL because it is ugly right now.
    We need help on the interior and there's no interior lineman you take in the first round where we'll pick. O-line upgrades will have to wait to the second round and later. As of right now, guys like Beekman (BC) or Grubbs (Auburn) look like options for the second at offensive guard.

I anticipate him going somewhere between 15-28. I would be surprised if, without any major setbacks or workout disappointments, he lasted until the second round.

Please though, don't get focused in on one guy. It's going to make the draft very difficult for you if you have your heart set on us grabbing a specific player. There are a number of intriguing linebacker candidates that the Rams could look out all through the draft.

I'm not overly focused on this guy. I just thought that we need some serious help on defense and feel that he can help us to improve the run defense.

Is that anyone in the draft that resembles a Keith Traylor/Ted Washington/Vince Wilfork/Jamal Williams? I would really like us to draft someone like that, someone that just takes up running lanes.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

As for Meriweather, he is neither "nice" nor is he an "option" with our first round pick.
    Thank God someone said it. Ugh, Merriweather Top 10, St. Louis Rams.

Country Guest

Merriweather is a bad human being, but his talent would be huge value in the 2nd round as long as he can turn his life around.

LARAM is offline Registered User

I like Laron Landry (LSU). We've been getting burned in the secondary for years. It's time to address this issue. I'm tired of watching complete 4th quarter collapses, especially 2 minute offenses come back and win on us. Meriweather isn't worth the risk.

I also like Laron's teammate (Jesse Daniels) for a later round pick... These two guys have been shutting down WR's in the SEC the last couple of years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast