Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Draft Watch 2007

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    I like Laron Landry (LSU). We've been getting burned in the secondary for years. It's time to address this issue. I'm tired of watching complete 4th quarter collapses, especially 2 minute offenses come back and win on us. Meriweather isn't worth the risk.

I also like Laron's teammate (Jesse Daniels) for a later round pick... These two guys have been shutting down WR's in the SEC the last couple of years.
    Landry is still one of my top options if guys like Branch and Gaines Adams are off the table.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Draft Watch 2007

True Nick, but it's becoming an old addage in my head, that if we can't pressure the qb and stop the run, it wouldn't matter if Champ Bailey & Deion Sanders (in his prime, of course) were starting corners, and Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins were our sefeties. No pressure will result in secondary exploitations.

The FA pool has one candidate, who at the moment who has tongues wagging, and that's Justin Smith of Cincy. I'm not sold on him. Definately not sold on overpaying him because of his Top 5 pedigree. You never know who becomes available in the offseason.

I'm putting my money on Adams and Branch, just like Nick, but I think solidifying out our LB corps with a trade back or Grabbing Quentin Moses (Stock depending) is a better option than Landry at this point.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -11-25-2006 at 02:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12