Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By HUbison
  • 3 Post By berg8309

Thread: On the Draft: WWJD?

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

On the Draft: WWJD?

Oft in times of troubling questions, I turn to the Good Book for answers. And since I haven't been able to eat or sleep for the past several nights (that's an exaggeration......no, hyperbole......no, it's actually a lie; I can eat and sleep through anything) worrying about what the Rams should do in the draft, I decided to see what the Bible had to say about the Rams choices.

I figure there's 3 choices for the Rams: Claiborne, Blackmon, or Richardson. Surely, the Bible will point towards one of them.

First up: Richardson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 31:20
    Moreover, Jacob deceived Laban the Aramean by not telling him he was running away.
    This passage leads me to believe that Richardson will be the choice. Trent is a Latin name which means "rushing waters". And earlier, in Genesis 29, there is mention of Jacob watering his sheep. Therefore Trent = Jacob. Now, notice how Jacob (ie. Trent) deceived Laban. Laban, or rather.....Saban! When he was recruited Richardson told Nick Saban he was going to be there for 4 years. He then "deceived" him by coming out this year, which is to say "not telling him he was running away". And what kind of people are we talking about here? Arameans. That's right....A-Ram-eans. So, to sum up Trent ran away from Saban and will now be A Ram.

Next up: Claiborne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 7:19
    They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.
    This passage is from the story of Noah and the great flood. Again, we go back to linguistics to decipher our answer. The Anglicized version of Maurice (Muirgheas) means "seafarer" or sailor. Just as Noah was the first nautical adventurer, Maurice, the modern seafarer, now travels over the "high mountains under the entire heavens" which "were covered." And who covers for the Rams on the football field? A cornerback; specifically, Maurice "seafarer" Claiborne.

Finally: Blackmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy 19:14
    Do not move your neighbor’s boundary stone set up by your predecessors in the inheritance you receive in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess.
    Here we have a passage describing some rules for the Israelites, dealing with the cities of refuge to be established. How it pertains to the Rams is within the single quoted verse. The people are ordered to NOT move the boundaries established by their predecessors. That is to say, this Rams offense must move the ball over the same 100 yard field in the ED Dome that the GSOT (predecessors) had established. But notice when the discussion moves to inheritance the tone changes from past tense to present tense; from the GSOT predecessors to the modern Bradford-led offense. And how are the people to obtain that inheritance? By "receiving" it. Receiving it with a Receiver.....Justin Blackmon.

So there you have it, folks. It is clearly God's will for the Rams to take.......um, Blackmon.......or maybe Claiborne........or possibly Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 25: 33,34
    Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob. Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left.
    Wow. Esau gave up his birthright and inheritance for a bowl of soup. Man, he really traded down on that one.

(gulp) Did I say "trade down"?!
    thoey, AvengerRam and sosa39rams like this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: On the Draft: WWJD?

If i had any idea how to give rep points for this thread i would do it. Notwithstanding the general ban on religion, this is the most creative thread on the board in years. The ability to analyze draft picks from a biblical perspective clearly should get you a special segment on the NFL network. You obviously have a built in tremendous marketing tie in with the Tebow mania people. In short, Granny Bison would be proud.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    If i had any idea how to give rep points for this thread i would do it. Notwithstanding the general ban on religion, this is the most creative thread on the board in years. The ability to analyze draft picks from a biblical perspective clearly should get you a special segment on the NFL network. You obviously have a built in tremendous marketing tie in with the Tebow mania people. In short, Granny Bison would be proud.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Just doin' the Lord's work, GC.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

berg8309 is offline Registered User

HUbison, I am ashamed at you. This is some of the worst bible study I have ever seen.

The lost chapters of Leviticus speak exactly to this.
    Leviticus 45:19,20
    "And the LORD said unto him "You shall take Blackmon, and forsake all others, for he is strong and able, and Sam Bradford needs help because I'm in a fantasy keeper league, and he was killing me last year."

Sheesh, do a little research first. :-D
    thoey, HUbison and Tampa_Ram like this.