Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 39WillRunYaOva
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Drafting Justin Blackmon

Samchise8 Guest

Drafting Justin Blackmon

I was hoping the Rams would draft Justin Blackmon this year. He would be a nice addition to the Rams. It seems a lot of NFL analyst think that is the best decision. Do you guys think it would be the right move?

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Drafting Justin Blackmon

Im in the JBlack camp.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Question for the draftniks. We took Torry Holt at #6. Is Blackmon the type of receiver that could have the same kind of impact that Holt did? If so, then I think he is definitely worth the #2 pick.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Draft him by any means
    ManofGod likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Right now, selecting Justin Blackmon with the No. 2 pick is my second choice.

My first choice is to select him with the No. 4 pick after getting an extra selection (or two) from the Browns!

Either way, he's at the top of my draft board right now.
    THOLTFAN81 and Samchise8 like this.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Right now, selecting Justin Blackmon with the No. 2 pick is my second choice.

My first choice is to select him with the No. 4 pick after getting an extra selection (or two) from the Browns!

Either way, he's at the top of my draft board right now.
    AV I am starting to feel the Browns trade will not happen. I think Browns fans and the organization IS willing to give Colt another year. They are in the same position as the Rams they need to get some playmakers.

Inregards to Blackmon.... He could have a big impact but not until the Rams get more consistent play from the other WR's and the TE position.

Go Rams
    Last edited by CRAZYHORNS; -02-09-2012 at 11:18 AM.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I heard the opposite, that they really covet RGIII. I think depending on what happens on the Peyton manning race, we will know if we can get a good offer. Because Skins and Browns are the only possible trade partners. But we won't have any advantage if Skins end up getting Peyton.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Samchise8 View Post
    I was hoping the Rams would draft Justin Blackmon this year. He would be a nice addition to the Rams. It seems a lot of NFL analyst think that is the best decision. Do you guys think it would be the right move?
    If the Rams stay with the second overall pick, my preference in this draft is either Blackmon or Kalil (even better if they can get them later but the odds are worse obviously). Sometimes I lean one way or the other, depending on the day. But I'd really be very excited about either.
    Rammed likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I agree with most of the entries on this thread that I would like to draft Blackmon. I think our best chance of a trade is with the Redskins and still get us a shot at Blackmon. While there is talk that the Redskins will pursue Flynn or perhaps Manning there are reason each has its downside. First Flynn is a career back-up who has shown some flashes of brilliance when allowed. If he's a "franchise" type QB, why hasn't that happened yet. Perhaps it's the systems he's been working in. RGlll is a much better athlete and that seems to be the appealing factor since we've seen the rookie year of Cam Newton. Regardless, I don't equate RGlll and Flynn. I feel the Redskins and Shanahan would prefer to have RGlll. As for Manning, that is merely a stop-gap for @3years under the best of circumstances until they will again have to re-enter the QB market. Under this scenario I think we'll still get a shot to draft Blackmon. I say that because the Browns are likely to draft Trent Richardson at #4 and take a WR with their #22 pick. Presuming that they will give McCoy another year.

Go Rams!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

While I would absolutely love the ability that Blackmon shows, I know that the team as a whole needs to improve its talent and its depth. For that reason, I would, and completely support, the team putting our #2 pick for sale, to anyone willing to pay the price.

And someone will. It may not be the Browns, Redskins, OR the Dolphins. I really don't know, and I really don't care. Because I'll take the highest bidder, regardless of where we get picks.

WR is absolutely a priority, and specifically outside, X and Z receiver types. I think between Amendola and Salas and Pettis we are rather good inside, but Lloyd's not coming back and Alexander is a bad landing from never coming back. But If we can get 3 starters from that #2 pick, I'm taking it. I'm looking at the 2nd tier of round 1 receivers and will be watching the combine closely to see how they do against each other. I want to see who the best is between Floyd, Wright and Jeffery. I'm hopping Jeffery, because he's got the size to be a mismatch outside, but we'll have to see. Blackmon would be great, but he's not the end-all, be-all for me.
    I believe!