LARAM is offline Registered User

Drafting RB/FB positions

Although not a priority, What are some thoughts of drafting a RB/FB in the draft. We could use a decent back up to Steven Jackson, and special teams help.

What about Kenny Irons RB/Auburn...... possibly if left in the 3rd, or even in the second if we are able to address other needs by then.

or that FB from Rutgers (Brian Leonard), I saw him on ESPN and looked at some footage and.....(WOW). That guy looked good....Anyone know where he is projected to go in the draft. He can catch just like Steven Jackson...and he can run it to the side lines.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Drafting RB/FB positions

I'm really not a huge fan of drafting first day running backs to be back-ups. You can find situational players in the later rounds or in free agency. As for Irons and Leonard, I have both projected in the second round.

chipperjones Guest

I heard Leonard is trying to go back to the RB position. He made the switch when they found out what Rice could do.

LARAM is offline Registered User

I think this is something to maybe consider....don't get me wrong I am for Defense, Defense, and Defense in the this years draft. But when you think about it......we have Holt, Bruce and Jackson ( considering Curtis and Mcdonald possibly signing with another team).
    I guess alot remains to be seen leading up to the draft. But it wouldn't take much for disaster to occurr if Steven Jackson and Torry Holt get hurt...I mean who would take their spots....It would then be Bulger, Bruce, ?,?, and I guess maybe a TE could step up.

All I'm saying is maybe consider a best available RB in 2nd or 3rd rounds......but definately go Defense in the 1st and someone out of FA (maybe Grant).....

Dominator Guest

Draft one that can return too. To either replace Curtis or a back-up RB with return ability should be a mid-level (less than D) priority.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

we need another wr to step up becuase bruce has only a couple of years left...