itsguud is offline Registered User

Drayton Florence

Jags just released this guy. He came out of SD last year and I was hoping we'd grab him but he went for more money then I thought he was worth. However he was a bust with the Jags this season as was most of their pass D. Anybody think we should take a shot at him? He may come cheap and with Spags running the D maybe he'd have a chance to show the skill he did in SD?

keith m. klink Guest

Re: Drayton Florence

Ithought he had good skills , and just maybe it could be the coaches and defense . i just can't see players that young falling off so fast . Except in the case of Vince Young , who i said before he got drafted that in 3 years he would be a 3rd string qb . Has anyone here seen my old friend YOUNG , can you tell me where he's gone .

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

I dunno, he always looked good to me in San Diego but I can't say that I paid too much attention to him in Jacksonville...the fact that he was just signed last off season and released right off the bat here is a red flag...but alot of their (Jags) defensive backfield suffered from an inept pass rush...you know Spags is going to bring the heat and Florence has the size to be a press coverage corner and shouldn't be able to command nearly as much money has he did last season..

Quote Originally Posted by Chase the Eagles Fan View Post
    I dunno, he always looked good to me in San Diego but I can't say that I paid too much attention to him in Jacksonville...the fact that he was just signed last off season and released right off the bat here is a red flag...but alot of their (Jags) defensive backfield suffered from an inept pass rush...you know Spags is going to bring the heat and Florence has the size to be a press coverage corner and shouldn't be able to command nearly as much money has he did last season..
    Well thats exactly where i was going with this idea. I think he'd flourish with a heavy pass rush!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I live in San Diego and reports are saying that the chargers want FLorence back

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Ithought he had good skills , and just maybe it could be the coaches and defense . i just can't see players that young falling off so fast . Except in the case of Vince Young , who i said before he got drafted that in 3 years he would be a 3rd string qb . Has anyone here seen my old friend YOUNG , can you tell me where he's gone .
    Vince Young didn't exactly fall off. He helped lead his team to the playoffs in his second season and got injured early last year. They just happened to go undefeated for the first 10 games with Kerry Collins starting because of a good running game and defense. Vince Young will be back to starting eventually.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Agree on Young. ^

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    Agree on Young. ^
    Vince Young will be okay as long as no one hurts his feelings.

keith m. klink Guest

He's got playdough between the ears and his feelings get hurt , just like RAMO said . He has a ton of talent , i won't take that away . He just can't handle the game and it will show as soon as the season rolls around .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Not only was Drayton cut one year after signing with the Jags, but he was benched this season as well because of his poor play. There are other names on the free agent market I'm more intrigued by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not only was Drayton cut one year after signing with the Jags, but he was benched this season as well because of his poor play. There are other names on the free agent market I'm more intrigued by.
    Nick you don't think that playing in a better Pass D system, that hopefully Spags will bring in, will turn his play back to form? He looked so good when I seen him in person two years ago... really good. I watched him shut down Anthony Gonzalez which was big.

I also think people can have a bad year and that he should come at a relatively cheap price now and be at least better then our depth... which isn't good

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Nick you don't think that playing in a better Pass D system, that hopefully Spags will bring in, will turn his play back to form? He looked so good when I seen him in person two years ago... really good. I watched him shut down Anthony Gonzalez which was big.
    I think playing with a great pass rush will make any CB better, but we seem to have different opinions on what Florence's "form" is because I don't think he's as good as you feel he is.