Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Dre' Kirkpatrick

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Dre' Kirkpatrick

He will be in a Rams uniform next year. He is a 6'3 corner. He is excellent at man to man coverage and excels in it. He jams WR's very well. He is fast, and can get the INT's. He isn't a ballhawk, but he will get the picks that are coming his way. He can play zone coverage. He has great hip movement and he can change directions extremely quickly. He is a film junkie with a great attitude and no issues. He is a hard hitter and an absolute sure tackler. He is a good blitzer too.

He is a PERFECT fit for this defense. Seriously. He is a Spags type corner. I'll bet Spags is drooling just looking at a picture of this kid. Fletcher is a FA and we need to get him back in here too. Bartell may never play again, but if he does, our CB core would actually be a strength for once.

Dre' Kirkpatrick is a perfect fit for the Rams.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Dre' Kirkpatrick

Holy crap 6'3? He's like a giant compared to most CB's! I'm going to have to look him up from what you described him he sounds beastly!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Holy crap 6'3? He's like a giant compared to most CB's! I'm going to have to look him up from what you described him he sounds beastly!
    He is my man. The only knock on him is his injury history. He had a shoulder surgery a while ago. But hey, not to worry. We took that one QB with an apparent shoulder problem..panned out pretty good...Sam Bradford!

I watched his 2010 Penn State highlights and then His 2011 Penn State highlights and you can tell a huge improvement! Wow I'm really impressed by this dude. Here is his 11' game.

Yeah I seen some of his '10 highlights where he struggled at times. He is a much better player now though. I can't see a better fit honestly. Big typical Spags corner with an excellent work ethic, film junkie, and almost virtually no problems. Not to mention he would fill a huge need.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

The guy's a tackling machine but he needs improvement covering big receivers since he had trouble dealing with Alshon Jeffery at times, though this shouldn't be a problem for him (I hope). Still, 6'3" is really big for a corner. If he does really well, he might just be a Top 10 pick, which is out of our reach unless we tank this season or trade a farm.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    The guy's a tackling machine but he needs improvement covering big receivers since he had trouble dealing with Alshon Jeffery at times, though this shouldn't be a problem for him (I hope). Still, 6'3" is really big for a corner. If he does really well, he might just be a Top 10 pick, which is out of our reach unless we tank this season or trade a farm.
    Yeah he did struggle with Jeffery. I think we can land him in the draft. If he doesn't slip I wouldn't be opposed to moving up a few spots. The draft will be much cheaper now because of the rookie salary cap. Teams will be trading a lot more picks I suspect.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I'm not sure this guy can stay CB in NFL, he could me moved to FS like Malcolm Jenkins. I don't know him well. Is he quick enough to cover NFL WR ? Is he fast enough ? Are his hips fluid enough to play CB in NFL ? I don't know if there is a 6 ft 3 CB in NFL, Asomugha and A.Cromartie are 6 ft 2.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Quote Originally Posted by Torry Holt View Post
    I'm not sure this guy can stay CB in NFL, he could me moved to FS like Malcolm Jenkins. I don't know him well. Is he quick enough to cover NFL WR ? Is he fast enough ? Are his hips fluid enough to play CB in NFL ? I don't know if there is a 6 ft 3 CB in NFL, Asomugha and A.Cromartie are 6 ft 2.
    His 40 speed is 4.49 I believe, but he plays a lot faster. And I also said that his hip movement is really good giving him the chance to stay with quick guys. Sean Smith CB for the Dolphins is 6'3.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

How does Mr. Kirkpatrick compare as a prospect to Patrick Peterson? And is he a true CB or will he be better served moving to the safety position?

Heh! Of course not that we couldn't a major upgrade there also...I'm looking at you Messers Dahl and Stewart...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Assuming he maintains his high level of play, Kirkpatrick would likely be the top cornerback in this draft class and a Top Ten pick contender. He draws favorable comparisons to Nnamdi Asmougha by some due to his physical tools and coverage ability. The Rams would likely have to finish with a poor record in 2011 to have a chance at him in next April's draft, again, unless something significant changes in his stock between now and then.

I hear ya Nick, I'd be pleased with either him or Blackmon in the 1st. However if we do good our second half of the season and win the division we more and likely wont be getting either one. My favorite thing about him is watch him tackle people and cause turnovers. Those are my favorite players in the NFl, a fast CB that can hit and be a playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    How does Mr. Kirkpatrick compare as a prospect to Patrick Peterson? And is he a true CB or will he be better served moving to the safety position?

Heh! Of course not that we couldn't a major upgrade there also...I'm looking at you Messers Dahl and Stewart...
    He actually compares very well to Peterson. The only big edge I see Peterson having is returning kicks and punts. I dont really care about that though. Revis 2.0 (Kirkpatrick) wont need to return kicks or punts anyways.

The thing I think I love most about Kirkpatrick is his amazing tackling skills. Takes good angles and usually has great form. A very willing tackler.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The thing I think I love most about Kirkpatrick is his amazing tackling skills. Takes good angles and usually has great form. A very willing tackler.
    Stop stealing things from my post! I'd have to second this and seems like we like the same things about KirkPatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Stop stealing things from my post! I'd have to second this and seems like we like the same things about KirkPatrick.
    Actually I believe I stated this in my first post " He is a hard hitter and an absolute sure tackler. He is a good blitzer too. " before you knew who Kirkpatrick was