Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drew Bennett

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Drew Bennett

Hello Rammies,

Havent talked to yall in a while. Ive heard some rumors about Drew Bennett. What is everyone's thoughts on him. Probably a bit slower than Curtis but much bigger. In my opinion we need a guy to go over the middle on third downs.

Ill be in and out for the next few months before draf season. Take it easy fellow Rams Fans.
    Last edited by rams8821; -03-03-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Drew Bennett

I think we need a big slot receiver, and he brings that along with nice hands. I say do it Scotty.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

He was the WR I wanted us to sign since seeing the potential FA WR's.He has something different that our current/previous wideout's didn't have and thats size.He is 6'5,god thats a big body and hell for a DB to play against.We already have the savvy and smooth routes in Bruce and Holt and now the physical presence in Bennett.They should compliment each other perfectly.That is some trio,probably the finest in the league.Welcome to the Rams Drew..:l

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

how old is he anyone know??

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Im surprised he would come here and be a no.3 WR, and didnt expect the Rams to sign him because of that. However, he was the WR i would have wanted out of FA, so im over the moon we could sign him. The Rams offense just got better!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    how old is he anyone know??
    He is 28,turning 29 just before the season starts I believe..:l

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    He is 28,turning 29 just before the season starts I believe..:l
    Yep, thats correct.

twelveli is offline Registered User

Too much money for him. We should've just gotten dwayne jarrett with our 13th pick and saved money.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by twelveli View Post
    Too much money for him. We should've just gotten dwayne jarrett with our 13th pick and saved money.
    and who would we get to play DL for us?

by grabbing Bennett it means we dont need to grab a WR in the draft, so we can draft a DT or DE in the draft to give us a much needed player on the DL.

general counsel is offline Registered User

listen to tomahawk on this, he is correct. money is something we have. chances to get high quality defensive players is something we need our picks for.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    and who would we get to play DL for us?

by grabbing Bennett it means we dont need to grab a WR in the draft, so we can draft a DT or DE in the draft to give us a much needed player on the DL.
    We have players bro. We're in the NFL. I think you need some sort of skills to be in the league. We have talent on our defense already. We just don't have chemistry. We can get defense 1st round but i myself wouldn't pass up on a playmaker like dwayne jarrett. I hope he runs a 4.8 and if rams don't get him in the 2nd......... i'll have questions.

chiguy is offline Registered User

We have talent on our defense already.
    You're deluding yourself. If we had talent, we wouldn't be in the bottom three in run defense year after year with at least three different defensive coordinators.

I don't get this dynamic -- people see no results and assume that the problem isn't the players. Yeah, we're fans and support the team but if the guy ain't getting it done, he ain't getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    You're deluding yourself. If we had talent, we wouldn't be in the bottom three in run defense year after year with at least three different defensive coordinators.

I don't get this dynamic -- people see no results and assume that the problem isn't the players. Yeah, we're fans and support the team but if the guy ain't getting it done, he ain't getting it done.
    We have talent...... people just don't play up to their expectations. That's what pisses me off. You have several rounds to draft your needs. IMO, you get the best player available, and i myself think that player is dwayne jarrett. Scouts say he won't do nothing and will be a bust like his former teammate mike williams. But i bet if you put mike in with the rams offense, he'd beast it up aswell next to bruce n holt. We got bennett and i would still go for jarrett. If our picks for d dont' workout, our offense would have to carry the load once again.

Kane is offline Registered User

Drew Bennett's nubers are good for a third WR, but poor for a second. This seems like a good move to me, particularly as Curtis looks likely to go to a tea, where he can start (Lions or Vikings).

I think this could work out well for everyone. I personally don't think Curtis is starting material - he's good but not great - and so doesn't deserve the kind of money that he'll probably get somewhere like Minnesota, where anyone who can catch is welcome! The Rams meanwhile gain a big WR for 3rd down, red zone and short yardage situations. Guy that size ought to be able to block pretty well, too!

Quote Originally Posted by twelveli View Post
    We have talent...... people just don't play up to their expectations. That's what pisses me off. You have several rounds to draft your needs. IMO, you get the best player available, and i myself think that player is dwayne jarrett. Scouts say he won't do nothing and will be a bust like his former teammate mike williams. But i bet if you put mike in with the rams offense, he'd beast it up aswell next to bruce n holt. We got bennett and i would still go for jarrett. If our picks for d dont' workout, our offense would have to carry the load once again.
    IMO it would be crazy to pick a WR in the 1st round and there isn't much chance it happens.We need to improve on defense and your gonna waste our 1st rounder on another WR,that doesn't make sense man.Bennett gives the offense a nice boost,now lets go get some defense.IMO you pick what is of relative need to your team and WR certainly isn't one of them,we need help at DE,DT,LB or even Safety.IMO we take a player at one of those positions. As for the offense carrying the defense,well this hasn't been very successful the last 2 years when our defense has been awful.You can't expect to win when one side of the ball is doing their job,for us to compete for the division again we need improvement on the D and special teams.You won't win in the NFL with 1 facet of your team working,look at the Rams in 2000 amazing offense and stinking defense.So after that season we really up-graded the Defense and should have won in the SB the next year.:l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast