Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew Bennett

twelveli is offline Registered User

Re: Drew Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    IMO it would be crazy to pick a WR in the 1st round and there isn't much chance it happens.We need to improve on defense and your gonna waste our 1st rounder on another WR,that doesn't make sense man.Bennett gives the offense a nice boost,now lets go get some defense.IMO you pick what is of relative need to your team and WR certainly isn't one of them,we need help at DE,DT,LB or even Safety.IMO we take a player at one of those positions. As for the offense carrying the defense,well this hasn't been very successful the last 2 years when our defense has been awful.You can't expect to win when one side of the ball is doing their job,for us to compete for the division again we need improvement on the D and special teams.You won't win in the NFL with 1 facet of your team working,look at the Rams in 2000 amazing offense and stinking defense.So after that season we really up-graded the Defense and should have won in the SB the next year.:l
    I agree with u that we need defense. But we really need a guy to make an impact once he gets on the field. I'm just wanting a beast at WR like jarrett cuz bennett dropped alot of passes this past season. I don't want a TO or Moss. I know it's goin to be defense first round, but if jarrett runs over a 4.7 and he falls to the 2nd and we don't get him if we have the chance, it's gonna piss me off.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Now that Bennett is signed defense needs to be the focus in the draft, period.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm just wanting a beast at WR like jarrett
    With all the flag waving for Jarrett and even former 1st rounder Mike Williams....is it possible that a USC bias may be clouding the view a little? Great hands, great athlete, but a 4.8 receiver will never have separation from a 4.4 corner. He's a slot receiver in our offense, and I'm sure he'd be a fine one. However, at this point don't we need a DT or DE or even a LB a little more than a slot receiver with our 1st rounder?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    With all the flag waving for Jarrett and even former 1st rounder Mike Williams....is it possible that a USC bias may be clouding the view a little? Great hands, great athlete, but a 4.8 receiver will never have separation from a 4.4 corner. He's a slot receiver in our offense, and I'm sure he'd be a fine one. However, at this point don't we need a DT or DE or even a LB a little more than a slot receiver with our 1st rounder?
    Nope,we have just signed Bennett who will be the slot receiver until Bruce hangs them up.We have so many needs and issues on defense that it amazes me that people want to draft WR's instead of positions we have major problems at which is the Defense.I agree Hub,we should take a DT,DE or LB with our 1st rounder,and I wouldn't be totally against a Safety but I do think the line is our biggest issue..:l

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

Great pick up. Should take the constant double teams away from isaac and torry. we do still need a #4 reciever because Dane looker is too slow IMO and Marquez hagans is small, slow and progressing slowly. So a mid round pick on a big, fast reciever would be a pick well spent.

AMOBI OKOYE IN THE FIRST ROUND. IM PRAYING.

Quote Originally Posted by im_a_king_co07 View Post
    Great pick up. Should take the constant double teams away from isaac and torry. we do still need a #4 reciever because Dane looker is too slow IMO and Marquez hagans is small, slow and progressing slowly. So a mid round pick on a big, fast reciever would be a pick well spent.

AMOBI OKOYE IN THE FIRST ROUND. IM PRAYING.
    I don't think the 4th WR is that important in Linehan's system,look at McDonald last year he didn't exactly have his number called often.Obviously it's nice to have depth and Bruce isn't getting any younger but WR is not our most pressing need in the draft.I'm not against a WR being taken in the mid-rounds and I would like a player who can be a PR/KR.Can't see Okoye being on the board when we pick at 13 but who knows,and if he is we grab him..:l

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

That is true. It would be nice to bring in a guy for the future though. I also have to agree with you about okoye. If he does slip thet far then god must have a special place in his heart for the rams and their fans lol. If hes not there then i want Carriker, Hall, Timmons, or maybe Willis. Hall kinda intrigued me with his 40 time.

twelveli is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Mike Williams needs to be in a right system and he'll rip it up. As for serparation? Have you seen Jarrett play? He's game fast. People rely way too much on the 40 that it's ridiculous. You can run a 4.1 and play cb and suk and u'll still get drafted. Defense is needed and I would pick up Landry at Safety if he's still available but after running that "4.35" i doubt it.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by twelveli View Post
    We have talent...... people just don't play up to their expectations.
    Um, if you can't do it on the field that means you don't have talent. Period.

Note to all Rams fans -- let's stop pretending guys like Jimmy Kennedy are good. They aren't.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

id draft Dwayne Jarrett

with a fourth rounder

ramhard is offline Registered User

Klopf more important than 4th wide receiver

In the new offensive system, the TE is the 3rd or 4th option. So signing a 4th wide receiver is not a big need. A developmental one that can immediately return kicks would be a value pick, but there is no big need for another short-term WR.

Re: Klopf more important than 4th wide receiver

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard View Post
    In the new offensive system, the TE is the 3rd or 4th option. So signing a 4th wide receiver is not a big need. A developmental one that can immediately return kicks would be a value pick, but there is no big need for another short-term WR.
    I agree at the moment we are set at WR,and the 4th wideout doesn't exactly see much action in Linehan's system.I'm all for drafting a WR who can immediately handle return duties,at a decent price not before the 4th round or so..:l

bruce4life is offline Registered User

thats why dane looker/ thompsan/ hagans will get the looks at the #4 receiver.... looker can catch the ball simple as that.. i would not mind looker becoming the #4 RECEIVER again.. bennett will provide awesome red zone help for us as joe jurivicious did for the seahags a few years back....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12