Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Eddie Lacy Pro Day

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Eddie Lacy Pro Day

Having seen the reports of Lacy's Pro-Day workout yesterday, I have to amend my thoughts that we are likely to take him at #22. The lack of preparation was astounding despite his fast 40 times. I believe a lot of teams are re-thinking their evaluations of Lacy at this point. I'm not sure it's permissable, but I would pick up the phone and call Nick Saban to get some insight into this kid's work habits and how best to motivate him. I still think if properly coached this kid can provide some great results. Right now I can see him on the Bengals.

Go Rams!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The problem is, you could be reading way too much into these reports (notably, it seems that the only person who has really criticized Lacy - though many have repeated it - is Bucky Brooks).

Possiblity #1: Lacy lacks a strong work ethic
    Possibility #2: Lacy got out of shape while rehabbing his hamstring and didn't have enough time to get back into shape.

I don't know which is true, so I'm going to avoid drawing strong conclusions.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The problem is, you could be reading way too much into these reports (notably, it seems that the only person who has really criticized Lacy - though many have repeated it - is Bucky Brooks).

Possiblity #1: Lacy lacks a strong work ethic
    Possibility #2: Lacy got out of shape while rehabbing his hamstring and didn't have enough time to get back into shape.

I don't know which is true, so I'm going to avoid drawing strong conclusions.
    Absolutely. I know what we see is only a portion of what the teams see. But what he did yesterday was show up for a job interview late, no resume and weak answers to the interviewer's questions. Essentially, if he was out of shape, then delete that from the work-out or reschedule it at a time when you are ready. Charley Casserly was pretty articulate in saying this kid "dinged" himself yesterday.

It makes me wonder what he did if anything to offset that when he paid a visit to the Rams recently. I assume he already did his visit with us. We'll know soon enough won't we.

Go Rams!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12