View Poll Results: Which pick at #2 would leave you unsatisfied?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jadaveon Clowney

7 22.58%
  • Sammy Watkins

5 16.13%
  • Khalil Mack

13 41.94%
  • Grag Robinson

3 9.68%
  • Jake Matthews

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which elite prospect, if we drafted them at #2, would leave you unsatisfied?

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Which elite prospect, if we drafted them at #2, would leave you unsatisfied?

There seem to be 5 elite prospects in this years draft: Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Robinson and Matthews. Personally, I have been in favor of each of them over the other four at different parts of the offseason. I have no idea which one will be the best and which is the best fit for us. I also don't know which one would leave me a little bummed out if I heard their name called for the 2nd selection of the draft.

So my question is: which of these 5 prospects would leave you the most unsatisfied with the pick at #2? There is no "I'd rather just trade the pick" option and there isn't a "I like them all." I'd like to see which one gets the least love.

Re: Which elite prospect, if we drafted them at #2, would leave you unsatisfied?

I said Mack because I just don't see how well he fits on our D. He seems like a great 3-4 OLB but with the #2 pick, we need somebody who can be a rock for the next 10 years and I just don't see a tweener LB/DE for us as that guy.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Re: Which elite prospect, if we drafted them at #2, would leave you unsatisfied?

Yeah, I would've left Mack out of this poll because then it would be more interesting and telling. Mack is the obvious choice here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Yeah, I would've left Mack out of this poll because then it would be more interesting and telling. Mack is the obvious choice here IMO.
    I added him because he is the hot prospect right now. He has gotten a lot of buzz the past 4-5 days. I might try this poll again in a few weeks with just 4 and see how it turns out.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Honestly, none of those would upset me too much. Or at least I should say, any of them would upgrade some component of this team.
    laram0 and sosa39rams like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Mack or Clowney, for me.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    For me, it would depend on the rest of the Rams' draft.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Probably Clowney. He's the one place we don't have any need whatsoever, and there's some smart guys who think he's the next coming, and some smart guys that think he'll be a total bust.

We need as close to a sure thing as we can get at #2 if we stay in that position.
    Randart likes this.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I think Mack here is the obvious choice too. Not satisfied with him unless we trade down and get him.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Not knowing how the rest of the draft turns out I would say Watkins. I like our young WR group and want to see what they do this coming season. I don't want Clowney or Mack but I get why they'd be drafted. Robinson and Matthews make too much sense, especially Matthews, to pass them up. We desperately need at least 1 starter from this draft on the OLine. Even coming from a Clemson fan I wouldn't want us spending the #2 pick on Watkins.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

I gotta go with Watkins. Just don't think he's worthy of #2 pick overall. Now if we trade back to 6 and he's what's left I say go for it but you better have Atlanta's #37 pick also or it would be a disappointment.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

None of them. They are all excellent prospects and address a big need on the team. Mack may be the most dominant player in his own.

THE DREAM TEAM

BarronWade is offline Registered User

wish i could have chose both Watkins and Mack...not that they are bad prospects its just these are the same positions we took last year the first...The only way I would be disappointed with the selection of Mack would be if we pass on Clowney I believe this is the Gerald Mccoy Ndamukong Suh thing both great prospects but one is obviously superior

I chose Watkins thou because we have youth, potential and most importantly inexperience at WR...Our guys have shown enough potential to warrant playing time so adding another young and inexperienced WR makes no sense who is going to get the experience and playing time needed?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

It was a tossup between Robinson and Watkins for me. I went with Robinson because taking a future LT that needs to learn how to be a LT, again, bothers me. Too many unknowns. I don't like the fact Watkins needs to learn how to run routes, and most of his production came off bubble screens, but I feel like he's more of a sure bet.

That said, I'm just a little worn out on high ceiling players who need a lot of work.
    Mikey likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I went with Matthews. I think he's very good and a solid pick, but from what I've been reading he's not elite. At #2 he's probably a reach, but because he plays LT, he gets pushed up the same way QB's are valued.

Greg Robinson gets the high ranking because of his freakish size and great run blocking skills plus he's got that magical potential tag on him that get players taken early. We've already been there and done that with Jason Smith, so I'm a bit scared on that count.

Truthfully, we don't need an OT this early based on re-signing Rodger Saffold, which is why I'm hoping for Sammy Watkins, but that's not likely to happen either because we just signed Kenny Britt and Jeff and Les want to work the group of WR's we have on the roster.

Having said all this I'm wondering if the J. Clowney visit to St. Louis will be to explore his ability to play OLB until Chris Long can no longer play DE at a high level. Gregg Williams is a master of defense and can probably figure out a creative way to use Clowney. He may be our "Aldon Smith". This guy is such as athlete that it will be hard to pass on him if he's available at #2.

Go Rams!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast