Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ellis, Campbell Dissappoint.

I was watching ESPNews a few hours ago, and Todd McShay came on to evaluate player performance at the combine.

He said Chris Long was fantastic, as was Gholston, who impressed with the most reps of any player (37, tield with #1 OL Jake Long) and a 4.6 40. He said even though Dorsey didn't work out, Ellis did nothing to bridge the gap with a poor workout and 40. He also noted Calais Campbell as a big disappointment with a 5.02 40.

Admittedly, this is one man's view, but from what I've seen I tend to agree.

As far as the evaluation of DT prospects go, I think the pro days of LSU and USC will become of utmost importance, to place further under the microscope Dorsey's history of injuries and Ellis' apparent average performance at the combine.

Presently, I'm finding it diffcult to justify either selection. It's probably a knee-jerk reaction, but I'm finding that the more you know about these prospects, the more you have to nit-pick. Does Ellis' play knock him out of contention (whatever contention exisisted) for us at number 2? Moreover, do we take a potentially great DT with significant injury concerns that high when we already have a solid tandem?

Methinks that the prospect of Chris or Jake Long is becoming more tempting at number 2, if only due to the elimination of potentially better options. Gholston may be the dark horse at this stage. I've been falling in love with all three the past few days.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Ellis, Campbell Dissappoint.

Before you fall in love with Gholston, make sure he buys you a nice dinner and takes you to a movie. Don't sell yourself cheap.

More seriously, it seems very likely to me at this point that whomever we draft is going to be named "Long."

STLunatic is offline Registered User

Re: Ellis, Campbell Dissappoint.

Campbell really hurt himself at the combine. He will fall.