richardl72 Guest

An English Rams fans 7 round perspective....

Hi guys...
    First ever post on here so bear with me!!! Just thought i'd share my thoughts on the upcoming draft...
    Round 1 - In a dream world either Hawk, Davis or Huff drops to us...However in the real world this ain't gonna happen...My big worry for this defense is our inability to stop the run...we have quick, undersized LB's...So my pick here would be DT Haloti Ngata. Failing this i hope we trade down and pick up either Greenway or Lawson....He may only play the first 2 downs but i'm guessing Witherspoon would just love to line up behind Ngata...and we are very light at DT
    Round 2 - If OLB Thomas Howard drops here i say we spend about 30 secs on the clock!! Otherwise OLB Roger Mcintosh a quick playmaker who is smart and a leader
    Round 3 - DE Parys Haralson a great pass rusher who could cover if Hargrove fails to step up or be groomed to replace Little.....
    Round 4 - TE time and i like the look of TE Tim Day here or TE David Thomas. Either one of these will be a threat in the red zone...something we badly need...bye bye Manumaleuna!!!
    Round 5 - If ILB Kai Parham drops this far he is excellent vaue here but that is unlikely...Failing that S Greg Blue will do me nicely here as backup to Atogwe and Chavous...
    Round 6 - OG Willie Colon...A sleeper and good value with this pick....gives us more depth and another project on the interior of our line...
    Round 7 - CB Jay McCareins a guy with good size who can make plays...not much in run support but he will be a dangerous KR/PR something the Rams badly need...
    O/G Tony Tella Another project to develop to hopefully stiiffen up the inside of the OL when the doghnut brothers retire...
    Round 7 - OT Joe Toledo plenty of tools to work on but value here....Only played the position 1 year but has the intangibles...A project

So to sum up my Rams draft is:
    1 - DT Haloti Ngata
    2 - OLB Thomas Howard
    3 - DE Parys Haralson
    4 - TE Tim Day/David Thomas
    5 - S Greg Blue
    6 - OG Willie Colon
    7 - CB Jay McCareins
    7 - OG Tony Tella
    7 - OT Joe Toledo

Undrafted rookies i would want to see the TE Jai Lewis picked up, a project RB who is quick, to compliment Jackson and Fisher and who can learn from Faulk and another ILB to compete in camp with Trev Faulk et al plus another WR....I think we're set at QB this year despite all Linehans smokescreen talk....

Comments you guys???? am i doing ok or is this English guy talking out of his arse???

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: An English Rams fans 7 round perspective....

English Rams Fans RULE!

that said, its a nice mock, but im not sure about DE in the third, i think we have greater needs.

richardl72 Guest

Hi Tomahawk...
    Your probably right...i did umm and aaah about the 3rd and 4th round but felt there was better depth at TE than DE hence why i went DE in the 3rd...Who do we have if god forbid Little or Hargrove get injured??? Clifford Dukes and Brandon Green are pretty average back ups....Just my opinion but i think we need some better quality depth here....

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Thats true, but i might have gone safety or corner in the third, and waited till say the sixth to pick a DE. I think that since DL was adressed with the first pick, the Rams should look elsewhere with the other two first day picks, just to get an even spread of talent.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

welcome to the board english ram fan we need to keep on top of the scottish lot LOL

chiguy is offline Registered User

DE is as much a need as CB, IMO.

richardl72 Guest

Seems as though i've underestimated Greg Blues valuation...more likely that Parham is there than Blue....I'm quite happy to take Parham in the 5th...he's solid in run support which we need just not the quickest or best in coverage but he could do a job...DE i believe is a bigger need than CB...I think its a good draft to stockpile late ol talent to develop, and dl is the other big area of concern...having said that given our previous track record drafting D line i can accept a reluctance to go that way!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I like your thinking english ram, keep those posts coming.

God Save the Queen!

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to the Clan, Richardl72! :clanram:

I'd be ELATED to see us able to select Ngata at #11!

PS: echoing GC's royal wish, Happy Belated Birthday to HRM, Queen Elizabeth II.