throwback week

Thread: Epiphany

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Epiphany

It is no secret on these forums that I like Michael Vick. I have taken much heat, and 100% of my negative rep is due to the fact that I admitedly supported trading for him aggresively. When Vick first came into the league I was 11 years old, and loved his style of play. He instantly became my favorite player in the NFL, and regardless of what he has done still is; i love watching him play. But anyways, now that I have explained my reasoning here is the root of the post:

Today while I was driving it kind of hit my mind; Four years down the road, Michael Vick will be 34 years old, and likely retiring shortly thereafter. Whereas Sam Bradford will be 26 and entering the prime of his career. It would be great for my own selfish reasons to see my favorite player QB the Rams, but after thinking about it.........

I want Sam Bradford to have an awesome pro day, and want the Rams to draft him first overall. I think this kid has the "IT" factor, and is going to be one of the top tier QBs in the NFL. We've gone D-Line 2 out of the last 3 years; but have not taken a Franchise QB since 1967. Kurt Warner is a RARE find. He set us up for a few years (got rid of him wayyyyyyyy to soon, clearly). And yes, Marc Bulger gave us a few "good years" but never led us to anything more than a wild-card victory.

Sam Bradford is going to have a great career, and is going to be a winner in the NFL.

How shocked are you all?

Go Rams.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    It is no secret on these forums that I like Michael Vick. I have taken much heat, and 100% of my negative rep is due to the fact that I admitedly supported trading for him aggresively. When Vick first came into the league I was 11 years old, and loved his style of play. He instantly became my favorite player in the NFL, and regardless of what he has done still is; i love watching him play. But anyways, now that I have explained my reasoning here is the root of the post:

Today while I was driving it kind of hit my mind; Four years down the road, Michael Vick will be 34 years old, and likely retiring shortly thereafter. Whereas Sam Bradford will be 26 and entering the prime of his career. It would be great for my own selfish reasons to see my favorite player QB the Rams, but after thinking about it.........

I want Sam Bradford to have an awesome pro day, and want the Rams to draft him first overall. I think this kid has the "IT" factor, and is going to be one of the top tier QBs in the NFL. We've gone D-Line 2 out of the last 3 years; but have not taken a Franchise QB since 1967. Kurt Warner is a RARE find. He set us up for a few years (got rid of him wayyyyyyyy to soon, clearly). And yes, Marc Bulger gave us a few "good years" but never led us to anything more than a wild-card victory.

Sam Bradford is going to have a great career, and is going to be a winner in the NFL.

How shocked are you all?

Go Rams.
    You have no idea how happy everyone is to see the you say this

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Bradford may be good. But what makes you think Bradford wont get beat down like Bulger has been in every game for the last 6-7 years? Can he throw off his back?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

our offensive line is no longer as bad as people say it is. It was bad, it was very bad, but this year it was alot better until the main people went down with injuries. Not to say it's top of the line either, but eventually we need to stop fielding something other than broken down/ bad quarterbacks.

It's not 1920. We can't just run the ball.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Bradford may be good. But what makes you think Bradford wont get beat down like Bulger has been in every game for the last 6-7 years? Can he throw off his back?
    Bulger has been beat down every year he's played football (including college). It doesn't matter who is playing on the offensive line, he gets beat down. Doesn't that seem a little odd to you?

D'Marco Farr was on the NFL network yesterday and said Bulger brought many of these problems on himself. He's a very good throwing QB and makes great decisions but he's completely immobile in the pocket and the other d-line knows it and takes advantage of it.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

LOL i love your new pick, rather than the jersey saying M.VICK , it now says Bradford! ahahahah!

But i feel the same way, just get Bradford, we have no choice but too.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i like that Vick's is being considered a factor, because that combined with his time out of the league are some of the reasons i dont want to trade for him.

The only thing id say is that you said the Rams have taken a Franchise QB since 1967, where i think you meant to say first round. First round QBs arent necessarily franchise QBs!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post

How shocked are you all?

Go Rams.
    Eureka. Bradford is the way to go.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    You have no idea how happy everyone is to see the you say this
    Hahahaha. Amen to that.

Seriously, though, what you are saying makes sense. Like him or not, Vick's just not a long-term solution. Finding someone who can be a long-term solution is the real priority.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Also after watching the 2-hour special of NFL total access tonight, it left me thinking that Michael Vick isn't even going to be traded this off-season. They said this, and I had no idea but now they are asking for no later then a 2nd (HELL NO!). But the most interesting thing they said was is that if they keep Vick this year, and next year he signs a contract with another team, then they actually grab a third round compensatory pick. Now I don't know how but you can't argue with logic. Why would Philly take a 5th-7th round pick this year, when they can just wait and get a 3rd round next year? They won't. Which is why they have their sights set so high. I really think Vick stays in Philly actually.

Also, they did a 4 questions type thing where every guy talked about who they thought St. Louis was going to take with the first overall pick, every single guy (Steve Wyche, Michael Lombardi, Jason La Confora, and Ross Tucker) said they thought the Rams are going to take Bradford first overall --- take it for what it's worth.

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    our offensive line is no longer as bad as people say it is. It was bad, it was very bad, but this year it was alot better until the main people went down with injuries. Not to say it's top of the line either, but eventually we need to stop fielding something other than broken down/ bad quarterbacks.

It's not 1920. We can't just run the ball.
    Have you been watching the same team as me? R-A-M-S...from St. Louis....Football...Americano...

Our line sucks. We literally ran out of quarterbacks this season. After Bulger got hurt, and Boller went down, and Null was getting the stuffing beat out of him we went and signed some guy named Mike Reilly, just to have a warm body to stick in there so we could at least finish the game. How many QB's do we need to go through to get you to concede that the O-line sucks?

So let me get this straight...if we throw Bradford in there at the start of next season, and he breaks his leg while getting sacked, you gonna blame Bradford?
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-04-2010 at 03:29 AM.