mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Eric Moulds or Joe Horn

With our lack of depth at receiver after Bruce I wouldn't mind our front office going after one of these two. I know they would be stop gaps but both would be dependable if either of our starters went down. Plus neither of them is likely to get huge contracts.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Eric Moulds or Joe Horn

No and no.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    No and no.
    I second that...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

yeah we need youth, so hn bruce and torry retire we have someone to step up not retire with them

jquarando is offline Registered User

Will someone explain to me what happens if holt or bruce get hurt. Youth is nice and a good step forward, but do we expect this young guy to line up against trufant, rolle or someother corner and expect the same results? Wide receivers usually take time to develop so we need a veteran backup for at least a year to make sure our offense can keep going if holt or bruce goes down.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think receivers tend to do better than most positions when they first enter the league. Of course, you don't expect the same results, but frankly you can't expect to have backups who are as good as your stars when your stars are among the best in the league. If one of them goes down, we look for someone else to step up.

As for Moulds and Horn, they've both dropped off in production over the last few years and are probably on their last legs.

keith m. klink Guest

if bruce and holt go down, we need young fresh guy's, and the odds of both of them being lost is just rediculous. we have dane looker as a steady backup, we have a wr or two on the practice squad for two years now, so i think it might be time for this guy to put up or get out. and maybe the rams are seeing this in this guy and letting curtis go on purpose.maybe dominique thompson has hit his stride and will be the next 3-or 4 receiver, and a draft pick will come in and compete.as for horn and moulds, thanks but no thanks to both.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

WR is a position we need to develope young blood at,not sign guys like Horn who is 35 and is coming of a season with injury problems.Thanks,but no thanks..:l

bruce4life is offline Registered User

it seems like every body on this website doesnt want any veteran in free agency... they want the new players who are not proven... if we could pick up horn or mccarrdell or eric moulds i say go ahead and do it.. .at least for a 1 yr tender as a stop gap as mcpee pants say
    Last edited by Nick; -03-02-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Edited out rules violation

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    it seems like every body on this website doesnt want any veteran in free agency
    Not true at all. There are many free agent players that have piqued the interest of multiple posters on this board. I'm not sure why you'd say that no one on the site is interested in anyone in free agency... :x