Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By eric2810

Thread: Eric2810's Final Rams Mock Draft

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Eric2810's Final Rams Mock Draft

My view on where the Rams could be headed this upcoming draft,

Round 1:

Tavon Austin

With the potential of becoming the best offensive player out of the 2013 NFL draft, the Rams won't hesitate to pull the trigger. Les Snead and Jeff Fisher know this team needs to score pts and get Sam Bradford some weapons.

Round 1:
    Arthur Brown

Warmack, Cooper, Vacarro could all be gone by the 22nd pick. Arthur Brown has the best instincts of the whole LB group. Fills gaps quickly, and alongside James Laurinaitis and this front 4, could be a great playmaker at the weakside linebacker position. Ogletree (heck, the whole georgia defense) is overrated in my opinion. The fact the Rams haven't made Safety a priority with pre-draft visits could be smokescreen, and demonstrates just how deep the class is. Brown makes the team better against the run.

Round 2:
    Larry Warford

At the top of the 2nd round, we could see a run on CB. With that in mind, Warford could easily be available in the 2nd round. Could fill in at RG or LG, giving the Rams a legit starter at the position. Rarely gets beat in pass coverage, yet can get lost at times on running plays. On a talent level, he's up there with Warmack and Cooper.

3rd Round:
    Dj Swearinger

The Rams address their need at Safety here. Although he looks and hits like a Linebacker at times, He plays the deep pass fairly well. Disciplined in that regard, yet always goes for the big hit. Stewart got paid so the Rams are hoping he returns to form, while Swearinger is a nice all-around safety that could compliment the defense.

4th Round:
    David Quessenberry

Protecting the quarterback is the only way we're going to get the football downfield. The Saffold situation could end up resolving itself next off-season, while bringing back Williams on no guarentees through training camp could also thin out the OT position. Quessenberry played well at the senior bowl and really opened some eyes, he finds a way to keep DE's infront of him.

5th Round:
    Mike Gillislee

Another RB gem in the later rounds for the Rams, Gillislee never got the opportunity to carry the workload at Florida behind Demps and Rainy. Richardson was serviceable last season and shows some promise. Pead is another running back that should play a lot more, while Gillislee could become the offense's "Joe McKnight" like Schotty had in NY.

6th Round:
    Michael Clay

Leader of the Oregon defense, played out of position at MLB for the Oregon Ducks. Sometimes finds himself getting pushed around by offensive lineman, still battled and made plays. Special teams player.

7th Round:
    David Bass

Very productive defensive end at the DII level, posting over 60 tackles and 11.5 sacks. Has already paid a pre-draft visit with the Rams.

Thanks for your time, feedback always appreciated. GO Rams.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Re: Eric2810's Final Rams Mock Draft

Some people here won't be happy that you only took one WR though. Not me, I like how you think.

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    Some people here won't be happy that you only took one WR though. Not me, I like how you think.
    Thanks bro, At the top of the 2nd I was hesitant to put a WR at that choice. If the Rams like a Terrence Williams for a deep threat with size, they'll look at him possibly. You can't argue against production, even without RGIII he had big numbers and made plays. Justin Hunter also could be a good pickup in the 2nd, but I think with Tavon he gives us that next dimension on offense. Givens, Quick, Pettis, Cook, and Austin all bring something to the table. Who knows, maybe we add one last veteran WR for depth, lets just not pay him like we did Steve Smith last year.

My prayers go out to all those families and residents of the Boston area involved with the marathon, I hope everyone makes it out safely.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Not that sure about Brown at 22, and I still think a better option than Austin could be there at 16 as well. Plus some team may take Austin, to sell season tickets, before the Rams pick.
    Barry Waller

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Not that sure about Brown at 22, and I still think a better option than Austin could be there at 16 as well. Plus some team may take Austin, to sell season tickets, before the Rams pick.
    The only choices I see with the Rams going with BPA over Austin may include in no particular order; Warmack, Cooper, Patterson, Vacarro, and the darkhorse candidate Jarvis Jones. I agree, ultimately "Tavon Austin" the name could be selected because of pressure to sell tickets and get the fanbase going with a flashy pick, but with all the new GMs in the top ten I find it hard to argue in favor of drafting Austin. Can we truely say he's a lock to be as special a #1 WR as Aj Green and Julio Jones? Arthur Brown was a selection I believe the Rams could go with because he's a great fit at OLB with Dunbarr and Laurinautis, no doubt he can be a solid starter and the "missing link" we've always lacked in our LB group for years.