Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Eric2810's Full Ram's Mock Draft

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Eric2810's Full Ram's Mock Draft

Thought I'd give my two cents!

1st Round. 16th Selection:

Johnathan Cooper
    Pair him up next to Jake Long, and that's the last time Sam the man Bradford ever has to worry about his blindside again. Warmack will most likely be gone, and despite the fact Fisher has never selected a first round Offensive lineman, I think this is the year he breaks the trend. Snead's adding talent on both sides of the line, I'll tell you what. Cooper is a great selection here.

1st Round. 22nd Selection:

Tavon Austin

Probably one of the most overrated ideas in football is size. Austin overcomes this with his play making ability, and becomes the WR we should of got in Desean Jackson a few years back. (Donnie Avery can play?) Austin instantly makes an impact all over the field.

2nd Round.

Matt Elam
    Around the same last in the draft last year, the Rams took a chance on a former DB from Florida. This year, they pair Elam with JJ. and we upgrade at the Safety position. Elam has alot of room to grow, but is a natural ballhawk who always finds his way around the football. NFL.com compares Elam to none other than: Quinten Mikell. I'll take Matt at a bargrain price with a higher upside.

3rd Round.

Johnathan Franklin
    the UCLA product is quick out of the backfield and runs north and south with little hesitation whatsoever. I'm not sold Richardson can carry the load fulltime, and Isaiah Pead still needs to find his role. Franklin will enter camp and compete, making a case to start on day one. Also has good hands as a receiver out of the backfield.

4th Round.

Ricky Wagner
    Nice Value Pick here in the 4th round. Could be used as insurance policy if Saffold wants out with a potential Jake Long signing, or could compete at any Guard or Tackle position. you can never have too many solid offensive lineman. Wagner has experience starting at LT for Wisconsin.

5th Round.

Johnny Adams
    a Solid CB for a michigan state defense."Reconsider me!"(Nice tune) johnny adams..

6th Round.

Michael Clay
    Probably one pick I'll be rooting for on draft day. Playing alongside Matthews and Dion Jordan throughout his career on defense, Clay didn't get much of the credit he deserved. at 5'11 and 232 pounds, he didn't even get invited to the combine. I could see him playing weakside LB free off the line next to Laurinaitis, and definitely making plays with a chip on his shoulder.

7th Round.

Marquess Wilson
    6'3 WR with great hands, needs to bulk up at the next level and generate better separation.

Thanks for checking it out brothas! Feedback would be much appreciated,
    Last edited by eric2810; -03-18-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    THOLTFAN81, lostsoul and Randart like this.

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: Eric2810's Full Ram's Mock Draft

I really like the first three picks, but after that you kind of lost me. I feel like the Rams should draft a LB higher than the 6th round, not to say that a starter couldn't be found that deep into the draft. The Rams D was solid last year, and is only an upgrade at S and LB from being top 5-10 defense. I like Ricky Wagner alot, but I don't think the Rams should pick another OL that high after getting Long and then drafting Cooper like you predict. Obviously, depth on the OL can not be overlooked, and given the quotes from Saffold's agent I can see why you would suggest that pick though. I wouldn't be disappointed if the draft came out like this though.

RosieJones is offline Registered User

If the first three picks fall like that I'll be ecstatic.
    jerseyramsfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    I really like the first three picks, but after that you kind of lost me. I feel like the Rams should draft a LB higher than the 6th round, not to say that a starter couldn't be found that deep into the draft. The Rams D was solid last year, and is only an upgrade at S and LB from being top 5-10 defense. I like Ricky Wagner alot, but I don't think the Rams should pick another OL that high after getting Long and then drafting Cooper like you predict. Obviously, depth on the OL can not be overlooked, and given the quotes from Saffold's agent I can see why you would suggest that pick though. I wouldn't be disappointed if the draft came out like this though.
    I agree, I believe an ideal situation would be for us to pick our own LB prospect, yet not many show great value entering the 3rd round and beyond. Clay I believe slides down the draft board, and in the 6th round I wouldn't hesitate to take a chance on him. I feel the Rams will pick up another FA LB when it's all said and done, McIntosh just didn't make enough plays.

Randart is offline Registered User

Nice Job Eric! Really enjoyed to see your thoughts and opinions on this upcoming draft. I could be happy with this, even though I do love me some Eric Reid at Safety, still Elam is very active and that is what we need. So excited to see how this draft plays out... Last year Fish/Snead and the team were incrediable at manipulating the draft board! If they can do half as well I will be stoked... (I am sure they will too)

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    Last year Fish/Snead and the team were incrediable at manipulating the draft board! If they can do half as well I will be stoked... (I am sure they will too)
    Appreciate that Randart! I hear you this org. is not reaching on any prospects just yet, and I believe Snead has an eye for best player available and what fits this team long term! Keep calm and Snead on..
    ZiaRam and Randart like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Hmm Not bad at all Eric, I especially like the first 3 picks as well but after that I think we'll go a bit different direction myself. I think we do take a runningback in the 3rd but it will be a big bruising back that can take many carries and be similar to what SJ was. I see Bell from Michigan State and Ball from Wisconsin being a target for us. After the 3rd it's kinda hard to get a handle on where we will go with all the others teams trying to swipe talent but not a bad draft.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I certainly would be happy with the first four picks. After that, I think I'd be looking for a LB a bit sooner.

Nice job.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'll go in a different direction from other and suggest that a 6th round value at LB could actually be very good for us, as long as he pans out. In any case, I think that a WLB is the direction to go. We have two good LB starters now in JLau and Dunbar. But Dunbar was good at rushing the passe and in run stuffing, but was a liability in coverage. If we could start reducing his snaps in nickel packages to a more rush oriented role, then I think that we'll be a lot more solid. As such, we should think about considering him more of a Sam than a Will, and should be looking for a Will in free agency or the draft.

Speaking of free agency, I think that we should certainly be able to find another stop gap is we need to, and so a 6th round pick whom we can play at spots this year isn't the end of the world. The question is: do we need a 3rd LB, 4th CB, OG/OT, or 3rd S more? That's your 4th round pick.
    I believe!

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I would love to pick up Franklin in the 3rd. From what i hear the guy is a true leader. He would be a great replacement for Jackson.

Good job.
    TekeRam likes this.

KiwiRam is offline Registered User

I like it ... Thanks for the insights. If someone like Arthur Brown fell to the rams in the 2nd round, he might be a good pick up. I think some people have him as a 1st rounder though. Dont mind if we dont go WR in the early rounds. if we could adress G,S & LB in the top 3 picks, i guess only if the board falls right. and might have to wait maybe until the 4/5th round to take a LB.

Eric2810's assesment that the OLB class can thin out after the 2nd rounds looks about right though, so if one of those 1-2 prospects falls to the Rams, would love me a LB in the 2nd. Otherwise its BPA at that point.

1. Varraco, 2. Cooper might be still be there at 21. and someone like Brown or Greene in the 2nd.

Havent had much time to look deep into the draft depth charts but if the draft turned out Eric's way, i'd call it a win.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'd be beside myself if we were that fortunate with just the 1st round.

The first 4 picks would rival last years draft, and last year's draft was excellent IMO.

The best OLB available or a playmaker like Ryan Swope (though it's doubtful he'll be there this late), would probably be a better pick in the fourth than another O-lineman.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    The question is: do we need a 3rd LB, 4th CB, OG/OT, or 3rd S more? That's your 4th round pick.
    Well said Teke! The player that will get the opportunity to provide that "6th" man relief for his position, or can see starter minutes during the course of the season. In my opinion I went with Wagner do to the revolving door our offensive line has been throughout the years. With Wagner, think "Adam Goldberg" whom picked up the slack in the trenches. Let's say a Phillip Thomas lasts til the 4th? Well, his style compliments a Matt Elam's aggressive nature, and that would build one of the youngest, ambitious DB group we've had in years. I'm sure Fisher takes a long look at that decision as well, the middle of the draft is where he makes his money.
    Vinnie25 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I think we do take a runningback in the 3rd but it will be a big bruising back that can take many carries and be similar to what SJ was. I see Bell from Michigan State and Ball from Wisconsin being a target for us.
    I would agree. Despite the fact we made an early choice for Isaiah Pead last year, it could take up to 3 backs to compensate for the production/versatility we'll miss from "Action" Jackson. Daryl and Isaiah could give us screen plays, outside runs, and hand-offs out the shotgun formation for a nice change of pace. The idea of bringing in a big back would be a reminder of the Jets trio with an aging LT, Shonn Greene, and an underrated McKnight. Michigan State's Bell would be another RB that could be used in pass protection, which is the ultimate goal this year for the Rams, along with adding at least two more threats on offense.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

One of the best mocks I've seen so far, in fact my dream draft scenario is the Rams getting both Cooper and Austin in the 1st round. Love the Elam pick in the 2nd, he's a bit undersized but he has that hard-hitting Bob Sanders mentality and I think he'll thrive in the NFL. I'd be really happy if Johnathan Franklin fell to us in the 3rd round; I doubt he'll be there when we pick but him and Le'Veon Bell are the two RB's I'd most like to see in a Rams uniform. I'd prefer to see us target another Safety or LB with our 4th and 5th round pick, hopefully they'll still be some good prospects left on the board. Another idea I'd like the Rams to entertain is drafting Marcus Lattimore with one of our mid-round picks. Let him take the year off to fully recover, play a year with Richardson/Pead in the backfield (which I'd honestly be comfortable doing), and then let Lattimore run the show in 2014. With the way ML was playing before his injury, it'd almost be like the Rams would have three 1st round draft picks in 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast